Are you a fussy eater?

When I was younger, I was a really picky/fussy eater. I just wouldn't eat. like any kind of food whatsoever. If it looked gross, I wouldn't touch it. If it had a weird texture, I wouldn't touch it or, if it even smelled un-appetizing, I would stay as far away from that particular food. I was told that my mom had to make me baby food because, I wouldn't eat the one's from the store. Even at that, my mom had to FORCE me to eat hers haha so, it wouldn't look like she starved me. That's how slim I was. :/ I use to be anyways haha xD.

Nowadays, i'll eat almost anything. Almost is the key word. I can't think of specific examples of food I dislike but, i'm sure its not as long as some have it here. I like all types of food. Mexican, Chinese, Seafood, Italian, you name it. So yeah, as of today, no I wouldn't classify myself as a fussy eater.

I'm not really all that fussy when it comes to food.

I mean of course there are things that I don't like, but there isn't that much that I won't eat.

I won't pick things out of my food or anything like that if someone has prepared a dish that I'm not overly fond of. I just eat it and don't make a big deal. It's usually not all that bad, just not my first choice of meal.

The main thing I will never eat is tomatos. Hate them so much! They make the inside of my cheeks itchy. XD

I used to be, but as I get older my taste range has broadened. I've gotten to the point that I won't turn down food offered to me by someone if I've never had it before. Although, I do have the habit that if someone tells me that something is delicious and they tell me that I really need to try it, I'll decline it over and over again just because I got a friend who's kinda whiny when I do it to him so I make it a point to do it quite often. :sneaky:

But no, I'm not really that fussy. I know what I don't like but I find that when I'm REALLY hungry I can make an exception for just about anything. I don't like anything but pepparoni on my pizza but if there are other things on it and I don't feel like I really wanna take the time and pick everything off, then I usually won't. Hell, I've even gotten to the point of eating Arby's once or twice when I was really hungry and they're like my least favorite franchise behind Burger King, which is actually the only place I refuse to eat at. But I guess you could say I'm fussy in that when I go to a restaurant, I rarely order anything outside of my normal routine. Like if I go a Denny's or a Wafflehouse, I always order a hamburger. Actually, I did that one time at a Mexican restaurant and when my food got delivered there was no meat on the buns. I guess they thought it was funny... Assholes. :hmph:

I'm HIGHLY picky when it comes to the food I eat.

I won't eat...

Most cheese. I take the cheese off my pizza. Macaroni and cheese is the most vile pile of slop a person can put in their mouth.

Vegetables. Zero veggies. Zilch. Nada. I refuse to eat them in any way, shape or form.

Seafood. Like veggies, there are no exceptions. I will go to the grave with never having tried any sort of seafood.

Stuff like spaghetti, ravioli, lasagna, and stromboli. I don't like cheese, and I don't find noodles covered in sauce too appealing.

Steak, pork, meatloaf, beef, and ham. I can tolerate beef and ham, but would rather not eat it. I love chicken and turkey, but other than that, I don't do much meat.

Nuts. No nuts.

And bunches of other small stuff I wasn't able to recall in the minute or two it took me to type this out.

I'm not a huge fan of foods dripping with heavy grease. It's not that I wouldn't admit they're good, it's just that when I try to eat such foods, I think about how unhealthy they probably are and the visual appeal just doesn't do it for me.

But I guess I'm not too picky of an eater.

Please, PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one that misread this title the first time. I will lose what faith I have in humanity if I am.

No. I wouldn't say so. I dislike vegetables the least but I can eat anything fried. I eat a handful of vegetables other ways but other then vegetables I'm a pretty stout eater.

As long as it isnt tomatoes or cucumber il eat just about everything.
Nothing worse than ordering a club sandwich to find its filled with tomatoes and cucumber.....gads. Ive tried to like tomatoe but its not ever happenin.
Beetroot is also prettty nasty aswell tbh :sick:

I'm not a very fussy eater, I'll eat most things. Of course I could list loads of things I wouldn't touch but that wouldn't class me as a fussy eater. I know what I don't like so I'll avoid buying it but yeah I'm a huuuge fan of trying different food. :awesome:

I hate sweetcorn..
With a passion and I hate cucumber.

Anything else is tolerable!

I'd say I'm not fussy...but I won't eat any old crap either. I'm quite happy with a plate of veg that's properly cooked, or a simple salad with some bread... I'll eat any wholesomeplate of food, whether it's something I know I like or something I've never tried. I LOVE being introduced to new foods, specially veg, wholesome sauces, fruits, and mixes like curries, various sauces and crumbles! :)

I don't like fast, processed food. It's just not natural or healthy, it tastes synthetic and I don't want to put the stuff in my body. I used to love it... but adapting my diet caused my sense of taste to change. It's true, you know! ;) Now I can detect subtle hints of sugar, salt and butter to the point that the amount I used to love is too heavy. >_<

Also, I'm pescatarian, but recently I've been leaning more and more towards vegetarianism again. I became vegetarian at the age of 11, started eating fish at 18 to introduce natural protein, but just feels unnatural to eat meat. :/

I cannot tolerate onions at all, seriously every time I eat something with onions, I can easily taste it and end up having a sick stomach. As a result I take it out and throw it in the bin later. Although strangely enough I love spring onions in crepes which I cannot explain why.

Squid and Mussels are the only seafood I hate.

I didn't think I was.... But then I thought again and realized I must be annoying to cook for. I hate most veggies because they make my throat feel itchy. I don't eat nuts because I almost died while eating them when I was a baby. I am forced to eat rice even though the sight of it makes me want to throw up and then throw a hard object at somebody. And most of all, perogies. I absolutely hate those fucking things. They are disgusting :(

I wouldn't at all say I'm a fusser eater at all. I think even as a younger teenager/child I always ate whatever my mom cooked because well, I had no choice haha. Even if I didn't like it, I dealt with it.

There's a few things I cannot stand

-Mushrooms
-Olives
-Bacon

Now there are some foods I haven't eaten, so I can't comment on that but those are the few things that come to the top of my head.

Wow, and I thought *I* was picky! I never knew there were so many ways in which to despise certain foods and why, lol. When I was a kid, I was VERY fussy! And I played outside with my friends a lot, so there were days when I would only drink soda for dinner and then leave outside again. My diet was very unhealthy back then...soda, juice, candy, junk cakes, chips, no veggies, not really any meat (only if cooked to be soft when bitten w/o fat), pop tarts (lol), McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts...yeah. OH! And NO seafood! My LORD, lol.

As I got older, I ate meat more frequently, but it still has to be cooked to be soft when I chew on it with no fat hanging off of it! If there's fat, I just pick out the meat. I can't do it, I just can't! It tastes and looks disgusting. And still - NO SEAFOOD! The smell and the taste turns me off SO badly! Urgh! Smells like garbage, tastes like meat that has been thrown in sewage...YUCK! >.> I LOVE vegetables now. I guess they just tasted too plain and gooey(tomatoes) when I was a kid. But after having to deal with them from Subway sandwiches my brother would buy for me, I started to like them. I LOVE my vegies in sandwiches w/ mayo! YUM! :D And hmm...I'm actually not eating from fast food places anymore, except for Subway. After I realized BK can rack up the money just as much as if I got healthier food @Subway, I just stopped going there. And...I used to not like bacon from the looks of it as a kid, but I LIKE it now! I've also been avoiding junk food, including packaged, processed stuff like pop tarts, lol. And I've been drinking water mainly, with juice sometimes on the side. Soda is a once in a while, but I realized how awful it tastes when it gets bad, learning that it really is just basically water filled with sugar, YUCK! :P Gosh, it's strange how things can change overtime.

I also won't eat something if it looks or smells too weird or if I know the ingredients are not desirable. If I'm told it's really good, I might just dare myself, but it depends on how iffy I am about those three things.

Am I a fussy eater? Fuck no! I experiment with everything I eat. I have found that the random stuff you put together that you don't think would be good, wind up being absolutely delicious. I'm like a scientist with food, minus the explosions of course xD
I do have a FEW things that I will never eat though. Tomatoes(unless they're green fried tomatoes. Those are amazing), onions(unless cooked), watermelon(tried it as a kid and absolutely hated it) and sushi :sick:

Hell no I'm not a fussy eater. I love all types of food and besides from olives, liver, or bugs I can't really think of anything I wouldn't eat. I love all seafood from octopus to sardines and veggies have never been a problem at all. I love to cook and I love to eat. The biggest problem I have with food is I can't eat what I want all the time and still stay in shape... why must you be so mean to me fried chicken, I thought we were friends....... awww I can't be mad at you Fried chicken, guess I'll just have to keep up the running and workouts...

Back