Hair Dye

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
How many of you dye your hair? Have you ever dyed your hair? If so, what colour did you dye it and why, and if not, why haven't you dyed your hair? Any horror stories about dyeing your hair?

As for me, I've dyed my hair a lot. I went through a 2/3 year period where I'd dye my hair Black/Blue every month or so, so I hadn't seen my natural hair colour for the longest time. This year has been the only year where I've had my natural hair colour for a prolonged period of time, and I really don't like it xD I'm dyeing it black/blue again sometime before Thursday :lew:

I've only ever dyed my hair twice, I think. It hasn't been that many times I know that much anyway.

My hair is a really dark brown anyway, bordering on black, but both times I dyed it I went for black. xD

I did go through a bit of a phase where I wanted black and red once, but I never went through with it. I don't really want to dye it anymore or again anyway, I don't think i'd like putting all those chemicals into my hair. D:

I probably will again at some point, saying that. I just wouldn't want to make it a routine thing.

I dyed my hair purple for halloween once and then shaved my head immediatedly after :wacky: That's the only time though since I don't really like the idea of letting any product other than shampoo anywhere near my head.

How many of you dye your hair? Have you ever dyed your hair? If so, what colour did you dye it and why, and if not, why haven't you dyed your hair? Any horror stories about dyeing your hair?

Been dying mine since I was 11. I wanted to dye it plum, and mother said only if she wins summat on the lottery, basically, trying to put me off, chances of her winning out etc. Well she won a tenner, so she was gutted and had to buy me a box of plum hair dye.

Since then it's pretty much always been red or purple, in more recent years purple or black. I forget what my natural colour looks like, though I'm growingit out at the moment, so I have rather massive roots. I want it all one colour instead of a mishmash for when I decide to dye it again. Maybe then it will go the colour on the box

I'm wellll itching to dye it again though, I'm just trying to resist

Horror stories include when I had had ellie and I had some blonde bits put in, and I haaaaaated it, so I went of to the hair dressers and had it streaked to make it blend in, and that turned out surprisingly well. Sadly, when I went to cob a box of due over that once my roots came through it all went wrong. I had it in my head that i wanted platinum blonde. It went ginger. i must have dyed it brown 3 times that week to get it to a reasonable colour...

Learnt my lesson since then, prefer it bloody darker!

I'm actually planning on leaving it my natural colour for a while before I start cobbing dye on it again, give it a break before I end up with a full head of grey and have no choice but to dye it all the time :wacky:

I've never ever dyed my hair, but I want to at some point. I'm not entirely sure what colour, but I think I want to keep it at a similar colour to that I have now.

^ There's not really any point dying your hair to a very similar colour to your natural hair colour. o_O

I've dyed my hair... alot. It's been some form of red/brown for the last 4 years and before that it was black, purple, or black with purple streaks. XD I hate my natural hair colour... and I suit darker colours so.... =D

I always dye the bathroom when I do it on my own though. :c

I've been saving my money so that I could dye my hair blue later on. I don't dye my hair at all, but I really want to dye it light midnight blue or something. I think that would be cool. I havent really dyed my hair yet though because I always run out of money before I remember to buy hair dye XD

I used to dye my hair a lot. The first time I dyed it I added blonde highlights.

No horror stories for me (so far at least), I dyed those blonde highlights in right before pictures at school and was shocked that it actually turned out okay. :wacky:

I remember dying it orange-ish and a few months after I got sick of it I went with a dark red. That faded and now I have my normal brown hair again. I was actually considering going darker recently, but I'd rather keep it my natural color until my hair gets long again.

The only horror story I have when it comes to hair dye is when I thought it would be a fun idea to bleach it and then dye it bright blue. :wacky: At the time, my (then) Girlfriend had bright pink hair, and she thought it would be a really cool idea for me to have bright blue hair, so everyone would call us "Pinky and Bluey" (Her exact words :ffs:)

So anyway, I bought the hair-dye she suggested and bought the bleach. My natural hair is really dark brown, so one lot of bleach turned my hair sandy brown, with a few streaks of blonde. This wasn't so bad. However. I thought I should bleach it once more to be sure. Two packets of bleach and blonde hair-dye later, and my head was bright yellow. I literally looked like a canary.

I decided after THAT not to bother with the bright blue (I think the bottle is still in the cabinet actually xD) and just slapped on some Black-Blue dye. It fixed the problem straight away. So in the space of 48 hours, I bleached my hair three times and dyed my hair twice. I'm still to this day utterly amazed that my hair didn't die or fall out. It was a little coarse for a week or so, but it recovered really well.

I've never bothered with bleach again :lew:

I get my hair highlighted every so often. I like it when it is lighter because I'm fair skinned. And I feel that darker hair with my skin tone makes me look sickly. And I just like having blonder hair.

My sister has quite an amusing horror story. Right before my brothers wedding she wanted to make her hair redder. And something happened where she left her hair in the dye too long and she had VERY bright red hair. Like Ronald McDonald red XD. The pictures are pretty funny.

I did a hairdressing course when I was 16, and after that I was hair dyeing crazy! Mainly I would dye my hair red, but then I got sick of it and started dyeing it dark brown. But now my hair seems to molt a lot, like cats and dogs with fur, and I'm worried I might go bald!

So I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't dye my hair for the whole of 2010, and so far so good, the reddy colour is still in the ends of my hair, but it looks natural so I feel lucky

I dye my hair a lot. More than I should if truth be told. Haven't actually dyed my hair in a while, and I can't tell you when the last time I actually had my natural hair color.

Some of the colors I've dyed my hair are blond, brown, red, orange, purple, pink and black. Now I naturally have black hair but it never looks black. This black was like jet black that I dyed my hair too.

I know it's not too healthy, but I like to mix it up every once in a while

I never have dyed my hair, and I don’t intend to until my natural colour fades.

I may need to use hair dye early though as my Uncle went grey in his 20s, and I’ve been told many times that the amount of grey hairs I sometimes get may mean that it doesn’t look promising for me either… Which sucks… :ness:

I’ve never wanted to dye my hair. While personally I think that dying it to be an exotic colour would be cool, it was always against school rules when I was younger, and I was also always told by my parents that it is really bad for your hair.

Also, through seeing my sister dye her hair often (to colours near to the same colour as her natural hair) I’ve seen many horror stories unfold, and she’s sometimes been in floods of tears over it. It’s not worth the hassle for me.

If I wanted my head to look cool, I’d wear a hat. :wacky:

I had never dyed my hair until I was 15 and I got blonde foils.

It looked pretty good and came out nicely as it only had my natural hair colour to go over. Doesn't come out so nice when you have other hair dyes still in your hair.

Then I dyed it a purple/black colour when I was 17. It looked crap and I'm glad it was a wash out. >.< I looked so trashy it wasn't funny.

Then when I had left highschool I went to the hairdressers and had my hair dyed chocolate brown and had blonde foils put in it. It looked great, until I decided to dye it black with blonde foils. It looked way too harsh and trashy yet again.

I think just dyed the whole lot black and got it redone once more before letting it grow out and dying my hair at home a chocolate brown colour three more times within the span of two years.

For the last two years I have not dyed my hair at all. I want my natural colour back and I don't see the point in putting unnecessary chemicals in your hair. Especially when you don't need to. When I'm old and gray I will more than likely do it, but for the moment I'd like to save my money and spend it on more important things. >.<

But it is fun to do it and nice to have a change I will admit. =) Just better to save your money though in my opinion. =P

If I were to ever dye my hair again I would love to either go completely blonde, but not that yucky fake platinum blonde. I want something more natural, with a few different shades of blonde and brown.

Or, I would go red. I love the red headed girls in True Blood. >.<

I used to dye my hair brown in the winter. I'm naturally blonde and the golden colour (caused by the sun) would fade over the winter months. However, when I looked at old photos of me and brown hair, I realised that it just doesn't suit me as much as blonde. I've therefore decided to stay my natural colour this year. :)

Oh, I've also had highlights a few times. The first time, I had them done on a skiing holiday in Austria. They were VERY chunky and didn't blend in at all...I was happy with them though. :) The highlights (and lowlights) I've had since have been subtle and have been there to lift my natural colour. :)

If I were to dye my hair again, I think I'd opt for blonde and copper highlights. :)

I never dyed my hair until I was about 19 and now I am constantly dying it. I've been blond before which really didn't suit me because of my dark eyebrows, I've been a copper colour before while transitioning back to dark hair and now I just go through a bunch of different shades of brown.

I only get professionals to do my hair, I don't trust myself or my mum or sister to do it. Though I have heard horror stories about salon people getting it wrong.

I do not like unnatural coloured hair, I hate the look of bright reds and blues and greens and other dumbass colours. I am sorry but it just makes you look silly :hmph:

I am not a fan of dyed black hair either come to think of it. Only natural.

Due to my natural hair colour, I wanted nothing more than to dye my hair all the way through school, but my parents refused to pay for it, and I lacked the money to do so. I absolutely HATED my natural hair colour.

Now I'm older and don't give a crap, and I haven't dyed my hair purely and simply because I can't be bothered. Not to mention I'd probably have to bleach my hair to get any colour other than black (and even then, once it wore off I'd start to look like I had a bloody tiger on my head...) to show up properly. At some point I'd like to dye my hair bubblegum pink, though. I'd look amazing with bubblegum pink hair.

Since then it's pretty much always been red or purple, in more recent years purple or black. I forget what my natural colour looks like, though I'm growingit out at the moment, so I have rather massive roots. I want it all one colour instead of a mishmash for when I decide to dye it again. Maybe then it will go the colour on the box

I'm wellll itching to dye it again though, I'm just trying to resist

has it been that long since i last dyed my hair?! fucking hell. I managed to resist dying it anyway, becasue Ive finaly grown the colour out and its all natural boring brown...

I think this is the longest I have ever gone without dying my hair... I might get a trim and a colour.... might treat my head to a trip to a decent hairdresser....

So I dyed my hair in February.

I went and got a half a head of foils. It looked really nice but it felt so dry and yuck, especially after I'd just washed it and all the blonde bits stuck together. c_c

I was contemplating getting more blonde and going the full blonde I wanted like I said in my last post, but I couldn't make up my mind and my regrowth was getting worse. :gonk:

Finally I just decided not to waste any more money on getting my hair dyed. I knew I wouldn't want to keep up with the regrowth and the money I'd have to spend to make it look good all the time would be insane.

I got Steve to dye it back to my natural brown (or as close to it as possible) and it looks great now. Can't even tell I'd had it dyed. It's all one nice chocolate brown colour and I think I'm gonna just stick with that for a good while again. I won't have to keep re-dying it that colour as my natural colour is very close and I can't even see where the colour starts and my regrowth ends. XD

I used to dye my hair A LOT back in high school. I've been a brunette, a shinier version of the dirty blonde I am naturally, and an auburn-ish redhead. I think the red hair was actually the most astonishing but favorite color of most :lew: I never dyed it permanently of course, it was a temporary color that faded with time.

Now I realize I have extremely fair skin and not every hair color works well with that...so all I do now is highlight it about every 6 months. I was thinking about getting low lights for fall this year but I really can't afford it, so maybe I'll just do a semi permanent darker color or redish color for Christmas...just for a bit of a change.

Back