Triple Triad Cards

It's been a long while since I've played the game, but isn't it basically inevitable that you'll have to use the Random rule for the Queen of Cards quest?

Collect them all of course. There's nothing much to do once you beat the game few times and Triple Triad Quest is the most interesting thing left.

It's been a long while since I've played the game, but isn't it basically inevitable that you'll have to use the Random rule for the Queen of Cards quest?

No it isn't. The areas in which you play and the rules you decline to play are significant in the way you spread and abolish rules in each region. It is possible to get the Random rule abolished in Dollet, hence making your Card Queen quest much simpler. Manipulating the rules means that for the entire game, you may only have to contend with a maximum of two rules!

To understand the mechanics of the Triple Triad rule distrbution have a look at this:
When the player challenges someone in a different region, the NPC may ask the player to play a game with both regions' rules. This will only happen if the previous region the player played cards in has at least one rule the NPC's region does not currently have.
This "mixed-rules" game uses all the rules of both regions. One of three outcomes will randomly happen regardless of the player winning, losing, or quitting the game: a rule from the previous region not used in new region may "spread" to the new region; a rule from the new region may be "abolished" in the new region; or, there may be no change. The player may choose not to mix rules by continuing to challenge the NPC and refusing the offer of a mixed-rules game; eventually the NPC will offer to play a normal game with their region's rules only.

It is also worth noting that in some regions, there are card players from different territories which can make it easier to prompt players in a certain region to abolish the rule you want eliminated and spread the rule you don't mind being adopted.

Word of advice, save before playing any Triple Triad match, this way you can reload the game if the rules don't go your way.

For reference, it's the person near/in the hotel that hates the Random rule and will abolish it every time you come to him with it.

Never... And I have played through like 5x but the thing is I never really tried I read a walkthrough on how to get them all and decided the pay out is not worth then time put in. I got probably 90 percent of them if not a bit more. Got all the gfs, all the characters But I think there is some I never got like that blue alien?

No it isn't. The areas in which you play and the rules you decline to play are significant in the way you spread and abolish rules in each region. It is possible to get the Random rule abolished in Dollet, hence making your Card Queen quest much simpler. Manipulating the rules means that for the entire game, you may only have to contend with a maximum of two rules!

To understand the mechanics of the Triple Triad rule distrbution have a look at this:

It is also worth noting that in some regions, there are card players from different territories which can make it easier to prompt players in a certain region to abolish the rule you want eliminated and spread the rule you don't mind being adopted.

Word of advice, save before playing any Triple Triad match, this way you can reload the game if the rules don't go your way.

Ah thanks for that.

I know you were replying to one of my messages from a year ago but as luck would have it I've just started again on FFVIII so that bit of information is really handy.

Back