Dissidia Character Discussion Thread

I think that all the characters are good fighters, it just depends on how well you use them with their builds. Not all the people knows how to use all the characters. I normally use Cloud as my main character because his attacks are very powerful and are easy to connect. I like his ability to wall rush the opponent with his powerful blows and his HP attacks are extremely awesome. My personal favorite attacks are Omnislash V.5 and Finishing Touch. I also like his epic alternative custom, which is the best looking alternative custom of them all.

Yeah, he has a great Alternate costume, Squall's actually looks pretty cool too, dressed in uniform. And yes, Cloud is good at wall rushing, his attacks send the foe ridiculously far. :D

One of Squall's mid air Bravery attacks are really good for that too, can't remember the name, but land quite a few hits, then launches the enemy downwards at high speed, will easily wall rush if you are just above some ground on the stage.

Dude you could just walk away its really heavy and hard use theres no style when You use a 7kg buster Sword........it leaves you out of position and breathless. So a counter would do big damage lol.

So whats next?

Well, dodging works out rather well for me, Cloud's sword swipes are quite slow, and avoidable. Braver one needs to be careful of, that homes in on you, and even breaks blocking. '<.<

I know, it took me a while to stick the timing with Braver, Also the blocking of Golbez Bravery attacks was fun to learn and is something I found rewarding to learn, because he is all over the place

Some of the Alternative costumes were not very creative Just changing a few colours here and there is not good enough?....Seph was a bit iffy but still good Clouds AC outfit is great, no real reason just adding to the praise.

Sqaull has te best 2nd outfit, its a military dress uniform but he fights in it.....whatever as the guy says!

Annoying.

there more to playing this game than just winning guy!

Well maybe not but its fun to play,and just trying to win out right by brute strength is for ammatures, people who dont get the point of the game or appreciate it the finer aspects of playing Dissidia.

To me EX mode is for emergencies or when you wanna put the hurt on you opponent(kind of like now) when they deserve it or they have pushed you th your limit and want the battle over with.

Ok new question: who else likes fighting Shantotto?

She's so pompous and annoying. I love using Cloud and breaking through her defense, knocking her around the map. It's like beating up a whiny teddy bear with a huge sword. Sometimes, I'd even refrain from landing any HP attacks until I get my EX gauge completely full. Omnislash on this character = :awesome:

Ok new question: who else likes fighting Shantotto?

She's so pompous and annoying. I love using Cloud and breaking through her defense, knocking her around the map. It's like beating up a whiny teddy bear with a huge sword. Sometimes, I'd even refrain from landing any HP attacks until I get my EX gauge completely full. Omnislash on this character = :awesome:

Me too, Shantotto is a very easy target. I'm an Emperor user so I just set off a homing Flare, use Starfall and she'll just use a lengthy hp attack combo, not realising that there's a massive blue flame right next to her :awesome:

so, anyone else use Emperor? I love the guy, watching the enemy dodge my traps and getting their bravery drained by Snooze n Lose. plus his alternate outfit is awesome.

I don't like fighting as or against Shantotto, but I enjoy executing her EX Burst commands, that's about it. xD

Onion Knight is also annoying. >.>' And really too weak when I go to use him, though. :hmmm:

Yeah I agree with you on that Crimson Wolf. They both are annoying do to their height. I also started using Onion Knight and it he didn't convince me at all because of his weak brave attacks. As for Shantotto I never been interested on using her. My interest were on the heavy hitters like Cloud, Squall and Jecht.

Last edited:
The juniors of this game felt to....finicky if thats a word.

You had to be a littles to precise and the other characters offer an easier way to play the game, besides also being more fun to play, out side of the story mode I practically never use the squirts(little ones) because as you guys say there heavier hitters on the roster.

Just now I was fighting Terra with Sqaull on the Orders Sanctuary level and she rode 1 of the green light rails so l went after her and we changed into EX mode while riding the beam....so even after all this time this game still surprises me!

I kno yall have been talkin more about the 'heavy hitters' but my personal fav char to play as is Ziddy XD hes just so fun lol but he is one of the shrimps of the game making him weaker but i luv playing with him and his aerial bombardment X3 also how he can practically run rings around his enemies lol but i also agree beating up shantotto is one of my fav things to do XD

I enjoy fighting Ziddy as you call him lol with Tidus its like a race the whole time.
But I suspect Tidus wins in the speed column given his EX mode features, Zidane is no slouch though.He is the best of the Run & Gun chracters ie: Zidane, O.Knight, Shanny. IMO

Anyone else feel guilty for laying into the "goodguys " with EX mode playing as a "goodguy"?
I fought Tidus last knight and walloped him with Lionheart and thought "this dont feel right"

I used to feel way...until they landed a blow on me. That's when guilt flew out the window :devil:

'him'? Shantotto is a she. :P As Jecht says when you face him as her; "What a cute little girl." xD Also when you face The Emperor as her, he says "It is an honor, m'lady."

My favourite non heavy hitter is probably Terra, she has good magic, just got to know when to use what, and lookout for incoming attacks. :hmmm:

Now that i think about it the only thing i cant stand about a few chars(including my ziddy X3) is the ones who ex modes completely suck lol i just dont even like goin into some of them except for the grafics lol XD but........SUBJECT CHANGE!!!
I noticed tha almost everyone has been stating only good guys as there fav to play lol what about ur fav baddies everyone? mine would be Cod :pitler:

I really didn't like Golbez man. He was lame.

Mod Edit: Can you please try and put a bit more effort into your posts? This is a post count section. Thanks. :)

On the villain side Jecht is my personal favorite character do to his awesome melee attacks. I personally think that he is the best and badest villain character in Dissidia Final Fantasy as a fighter. Although his moves a a bit difficult to land, he can be a menace if you manage to master his moves. His fightng style is unique aswell as his voice over. That's all I can say about Jecht for now.

Last edited:
Yea, jecht is cool. I've only just learned how to use him. Say, is the triumphant grasp combo without the HP attack and just the wall rush an infinite? After you wall rush down, is it certain to be able to hit again?

Back