• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorolina Frixell

Alchemist of Arland
Veteran
Gil
Me and Koloth have spoke about a new RPG, this will have a fresh story and regain member interest in the RPG. While it is still relatively early in the year, we felt it would be possible to restart the RPG with little delay, as this may be considered 'rude' since members have worked into the current RPG so much, we felt that allowing you to know the ideas we have so far to better make your decision would be a good idea. So without further ado:

And for the general game, have NPCs of other people who join you... In fact, how's this?

You start off in the 'real world' but, through an as of yet unexplained chain of events a giant tower crashes into earth

You, and a group of friends go to investigate this tower, sneaking past the police

Upon entering this tower you hear the sound of combat, continuing on you eventually find yourself up against monsters from a variety of games

Finding a discarded steel pipe (sword) you equip that as a weapon to fend them off as best you can as you proceed deeper into this tower

As you continue on, the fighting gets louder and faster until you end up seeing a variety of RPG heroes and villains in combat

However, as they see you they think you are the enemy as the heroes try to attack you you get sent through a portal of darkness, and get transported to Xemnas

Maybe Xemnas will try to turn the player to his ally, the player ends up agreeing, thinking the heroes are in fact the villains. Xemnas then gives you a keyblade and the 'fire' spell and sends you to the 'Twilight Training Room' where that area finishes

The next area would be where Xemnas summons them to go out and retrieve hearts with the Keyblade, sending you to Cornelia, the start of the FF1 story

After speaking to the King and fighting Garland, he'll disappear and open a rift to the past for himself, and sending you to Nolun Village, the start of Dark Cloud

This will be the start of dungeon crawling

It will have 15 floors, each one requiring you to defeat the monsters until they drop 'Dran's Crest'

There will be rest points on floor 4 and 11

The boss at the end will be Dran, after defeating him you get access to 'Restored Nolun Village' which will have shops, NPCs and access to the next village which is called... *thinks*

Matataki Village I think

----------------------------------------------

This covers the first and second areas of the RPG, if you approve of this new story, please vote in the poll. If you have more suggestions for games or possible story ideas do post them in too ^^

I'm all for it. Incorporating several RPGs and mixing them into one sounds like an excellent idea.

I LOVE IT.

I have still been playing the current RPG and I like the way it has been going, but if a new (and seemingly great) idea comes up that can spark interest in the RPG again, then by all means implement it :monster: The idea of getting the Keyblade early sounds awesome, btw. I just hope some of the less liked mechanics are fixed for this new one.

Essentially the new RPG would be about some crazy scientists who brings back villians from some various different FF and Kingdom Hearts games. Well, something along those lines anyway. So it would be more of a story vs just a mish mush of junk. Hopefully the game will be less boring. SInce people tend to lose interest quickly with previous games.

Oh and no more fighting 10 monsters at a time. Max amount of monsters, in an place would be 4.

Are you planning to take a little something from each FF game in the main series? For example will there come a point when we're figting Ultemecia or Sin? And will it move in order, from I through XII in order? Also, I assume XIII will be excluded.

Well, it will have more than FF, KH will play a role and various other RPGs. As for fighting the bosses, not sure yet but you will have the chance to visit some of the locations of each game and interact with the characters.

As for FF13, unless we find a way to exclude all spoilers (highly unlikely) it will be excluded.

It will probably be mostly older games. Probably nothing past FFX.

Suggestion: less dungeon crawling, more explorable landscapes with cities, outdoor passages, important scenic landmarks, etc.

And how about instead of having to go through this arguably contrived mass of storyline options we get to go through dialogue trees and have unique storyline development/area access based on it? It would certainly allow for the eventual class specialization that will result from the variety of abilities and spells.

Suggestion: less dungeon crawling, more explorable landscapes with cities, outdoor passages, important scenic landmarks, etc.

And how about instead of having to go through this arguably contrived mass of storyline options we get to go through dialogue trees and have unique storyline development/area access based on it? It would certainly allow for the eventual class specialization that will result from the variety of abilities and spells.

Don't know that they're really going to bother with classes in this, I think there should be a lot of focus on a compelling story. :monster: But that's just me.

Love this idea, I just hope you have enough time to get to Final Fantasy VII. >.>' I'll make some suggestions should I think of some...that are within reason of doing. :wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back