PC WoW worries

SapphireStar

♥ FFF's Matt Bellamy Pervert ♥
Veteran
Gil
K, got an email from Blizzard, but my hotmail believes it to be a scam email. It even says Hotmail has not opened this email as it could be scam mail. It stated that scam emails ask for account information, etc and sure enough thats what the email said. It said unless I clicked the link and provided information regarding my WoW account, it would be blocked.

The link provided seemed genuine, as did the email address used. But I refuse to click it in case it is a scam! I remember WoW stating they will never ask for your information, has anyone else had this???

Don't click it. It's a scam.

Think about it. Blizzard has your account information stored in their server. Why would they need you to tell them what they already know? If they needed to verify your information, they could do it without ever contacting you.

So, like Scatman Carothers said to Danny in The Shining, "You stay away from Room 237 (and that e-mail) you hear?! Stay away!"

Loving it XD

Thanks CC, I didnt tahnk God. Just read the message. Hopefully that doesnt count. I may forward it to someone at Blizzard and see what they think.

Bloody hell, Ive recieved so many of these emails now lately and Im fuming. Im sick of recieving them now, It claimed in 1 email my account was doing some illegal activities and had to respond to the email or my account will be terminated! Some bloody hackers need to piss off now. I delete them all, but its getting to the point where I dread checking my emails!

These kind of emails create keyloggers on your computer when you open links. Best to just delete them.

The best way to determine if emails are legit or not are as follows:

A) You have subscribed to said website/service
B) You have subscribed to said website/service with said email address
C) The links just don't look right

I currently get a TON of these WoW emails. I have never played WoW. However, I do occasionally get the battle.net account emails (which I have a battle.net account, just not with the email I get them to). On top of that, the emails contain multiple links, and the FAQ or whatever links are legit (I know because I've actually went to the site and confirmed), but the main links in the email are not. For example, one of the ones I currently have in my spam box is www*battle*net*zh-kos*in/ (just imagine the *s being .s), however, when you read the email, the link you can physically see is the actual address.

whenever i log in, the long in screen says they will never ask for your account info, ever, by email. report ittttt

Yea like they said, it's a scam mail, also obviously the ones who says they are GMs and ask for your info in-game are also scam.

Off-topic - I'd like to point out that this thread has been here for over a year now, then you revived it. :mokken:

Back