Dirge of Cerberus If their battle had been finished...

King Sean

I am the bone of my sword.....steel is my body and
Veteran
Gil
If Cloud and Rosso's battle had been finished who do you think would have won?

I think my boy Cloud would have won. She can't be any stronger than Sephiroth so she couldn't beat Cloud. She would have put up a great fight, but he would have won in my opinion.

Rosso...........oh- she's the Tsviet who committed suicide rather than be killed.

I'd imagine Cloud would have won the battle hands down. But since I avoid Dirge of Cerberus like the plague, I can't exactly remember how the battle went.

Wait- did Cloud fight Rosso? I only seem to remember Vincent fighting her. I'm a little confused now :hmmm:

EDIT: Oh yeah, Cloud and Rosso fought when the WRO move in to attack Midgar. I imagine Cloud would have won because Rosso may have just retreated.

Thanks for the recap Ari! :jess:

Last edited:
Why couldn't she have been any stronger than Sephiroth? :ahmed: /feminist

No, seriously, probably Cloud. She fell to Vincent, so I think Cloud could take her down. Besides, the heroes always win in the end. Their fight was only a mere slash or two but I wish they would've shown a bit more.

Olivia- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9n0JgoaHH8

Edit: Yes, I know. And?

Last edited:
I disagree entirely with your example that if she is not stronger than Sephiroth, she cannot beat Cloud.

I'll use Pokémon as an example. Bulbasaur (grass) is strong against Squirtle (water), of whom is strong against Charmander (fire), who is strong against Bulbasaur. Each have their strengths but not one of them stand higher than the other two.

Different tactics work better against different people. So, considering Rosso has an exemplary amount of power which she exerts on a number of occasions, I'd think it would be safe to assume she'd at the very least be able to stand toe-to-toe against Cloud. The fact she survived such an encounter could well be sufficient evidence of her competency with a blade.

Edit: there's a difference between Vincent shooting her a million times, and Cloud trying to hack her to smithereens.

Seeing how cloud never back downs from a fight Ex him fighting Sephiroth and almost being defeated in FF AD. Most likely Cloud would have won. When I first seen cloud and rosso clash. i was like oh snap cloud! Say goodbye rosso! I know i wasn't the only one that thought that:D

Like the majority here, I'd have to say Cloud. I mean, let's look at the facts:

1) He's unnaturally skilled with a blade, as evidenced in CC. (Maybe it's a touch of destiny?

2) His fighting style, while much slower than Rosso (obviously) has a lot of power. Considering how the man manages to flip about like Yoda, she'd have a hard time hitting him several times, whereas he only needs one or two to really bring the pain.

3) Rosso's little 'energy bolt' trick wouldn't do her much good. Let's draw on some numbers here. In AC, Yazoo shoots at Cloud around 115 times (my friend counted). Of those 115, Yazoo only hits him once. (Twice, if you're counting the sunglasses.) Seeing this, Rosso has gained no edge at all -- that damn monster blade is as much shield as weapon.

4) Cloud's only disadvantage here is speed -- Loz seemed to be giving him quite a tough time in AC with the haste enhancement. But this has already been addressed; please see number 2.

5) Despite his past complications, Cloud is quite sound of mind. His battle tactics are, when you look at them, quite er, logical. The man has a strategy. Rosso, on the other hand, relies on bloodlust and power more than anything.

So there ya go. Cloud wins. :se7:

Back