What was the last book you bought?

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
State in this thread what book you bought and comment on how good you found it to be, etc.

One-liners will be classed as spam and may be deleted without warning.

I don't normally buy a lot of books, but the last one from memory that I bought was Heroes: Saving Charlie. I found it very sweet! Basically, it's about the several months that Hiro spends in the diner with Charlie because he's
stuck in time when he went back in the same episode that Charlie was killed.
I may have skimmed the ending, so I may go and read it again.

I just recently bought 'The Princess Bride' off Ebay.

I even got the cover I really wanted too, of the two lovers on the front. The only ones I could find at book stores had terrible front covers.

It was originally a book before the movie, like most things are, but I wanted to see if there was anything they missed out in the movie compared to the book.

I haven't started reading it yet but I know it'll be great. >.<

Last book I bought is The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. Haven't read much of it yet though, it's science fiction so the learning curve on pronouns is pretty stiff. Last book I really read was Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead which is my favorite book.

Man's Search for Meaning By Viktor Frankl the founder of logotherapy

Excellent book all around. The first half explains the psychological effects things like concentration camps have on the prisoners and the different way people are effect. The second part is an introduction to logotherapy one of the three major schools of psychtherapy along with Adler's Nietzschean's and Freudian.

Great book and some great perspectives. One of the underlying themes of logotherapy regarding suffering is that if it is not avoidable then it has a meaning for the sufferer and there is chance for personal development in that suffering. It is the School I would like to be true the most. There is no proof for any of them though and Freud is believed to be the most inaccurate by the the community of psychologists even though he led to breakthroughs in some areas. He also has the most proof against his underlying topics.

I recommend this book for just about everyone. It's short and quite inspiring. One of my favorite books and I usually read fiction.

Phantoms in the Brain V.S. Ramachandran

This is a book by a neurologist who has specialized in the most peculiar cases. For example a case where a woman developed a blind spot in her eye. Except in this blind spot she would see hallucinations of cartoon character. I haven't gotten to far into it but so far it goes into just enough detail to explain to someone who knows nothing about neurology some of the deeper working so they understand and the book seem to be great so far.

Bought them at the same time.

I didn't go to college or anything so these books aren't very difficult if I can grasp them.

Last edited:
The Vampire Academy series - Richelle Mead

Yes. The whole entire series.

It started out with a terribly bored me. My major examinations had just been over then, and I desperately sought out a book to read. So, since I did glance over this once before, I decided I shall take to reading it to the end. It turned out to be an interesting read.

Or maybe it was because I haven't read a book in ages?

Anyway, this book did captivate me in it. The story is filled with a satisfactory amount of action. The character's thoughts and events within the story itself were well expressed to me.

Mine was Fallen by Lauren Kate. Yes its one of those that has jumped onto the Twilight bandwagon, but I fell in love with the cover and its gothness. Im only in the prologue cause Ive been busy, but its very dramatic and very detailed for a teen book ... Im not complaining XD

Oh wow, I haven't bought a book in awhile, I mostly borrow them from friends and stuff. I think it either may have been House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, which I bought from Amazon and never finished, or a second copy of Hot Water Music by Charles Bukowski (which is one of my favorite collections) that I bought to replace my old one (which I lost).

I just bought the following, all by Steven Erikson:
- House of Chains
- The Bonehunters
- Reaper's Gale
- Dust of Dreams

All parts of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series that I don't own, excluding Midnight Tides, which wasn't of the same set on amazon...and it'd be cheaper to buy it int he shop than buying it online at Waterstones, taking the postage into account. I'm still on the second book, so I'm a way off from the fifth...I can wait a while before I buy it.
Still, the series is intriguing and absorbing thus far, I can't wait to read these~

I bought The Vampire Diaries that contained The Awakening and The Struggle. Got them in one for £7 at WHSmith. Can't wait to get stuck into reading it since I want to know more about the books as well as watch the show.

Medea and Other Plays - Euripides.
I think even if it was written today with more modern myth the ideas explored would still be interesting. Less so the one about woman and more about revenge, as a piece of drama alone I think it's quite good, suspense created through equivocation etc. It's also an interesting insight into the Ancient Greek audience and how they would react to the characters.

I bought The Vampire Diaries that contained The Awakening and The Struggle. Got them in one for £7 at WHSmith. Can't wait to get stuck into reading it since I want to know more about the books as well as watch the show.

Same here hun. Got the first 2 books for £5 each at Tesco and just started watching the show. Top stuff!!

Im on a vampire reading marathon still and currently reading The Morganvillie Vampires by Rachael Caine. Got good characters and a good solid storyline.It has about 6 books or so in the series already and possible movies or a TV show!!!

The last book I bought was Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. It was a pretty good book. Now I'm not really into Warcraft, but I do like the stories and lore that form the core of the games they are very interesting to read.

I'm not sure if strategy guides count, but if they do, then the Final Fantasy XIII guide. :ryan: I love reading strategy guides, they're just interesting for some reason.

As far as an actual book, the last book I bought was Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, but I'm a big Palin fan, so it'll happen when I get some time.

The Collector's edition of the Final Fantasy XIII strategy guide if that counts

if not, The Wolf in Wolf's Clothing by Thorin

Slumdog Millionaire :)

Mod's Edit: Can you please expand on your post? What motivated you to buy this book? This is a post count section and posts such as these will be deleted next time because they are classified as spam.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I went out book shopping I bought three or four books I think. I know I bought:

-Far From Nowhere
-The Last Days
-Haters
-and some book on European History I think.

I still haven't read any of them and I apologize for not putting authors down, my books are pretty far away from my computer and I cba to get up and check. =/

Speaker for the Dead

It's the second book of a saga but I was informed I don't really need to read the first one. I bought it last Thursday and was finished this Monday. :\ £7 swiftly out the window there but it was a really good book so it was worth it. My boyfriend has the next book in the series so I'll be lending that off him when he's finished. I'm not really one for the more, sci-fi stories but this one is juuuust right. Not too sciency and not too real!

I just went and bought a bunch of Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High books by Francine Pascal off ebay.

I loved reading those books as a teenager and I've been wanting to get back into reading lately and thought that this might spark my interest again.

I'll update as I start to read them.

Last time I went by Books a Million, I picked up Jane Austen's Emma and Sense and Sensibility. A.P. English test was coming up, so I wanted to make sure I had plenty of material to pull from for the essays. Plus, I just love Jane Austen ^^ She's an absolutely fantastic author.

Back