Advent Children Things that just dont make sense or look weirdly done

Avice

Gil
I noticed that when Kadaj knelt in front of Rufus his sword went through the floor ( I'm not joking the bottom part went through it) and I don't think that was ment, talking to other people they found either things that don't make sense from Final fantasy VII or look oddly done.

Don't get me wrong I love Advent children it is one of my favourite films. I was just wondering if you guys had found anything that made you raise an eyebrow in the film.

The journey between Midgar and the Forgotten Capital do not seem to pose any problems time wise. Each journey takes a matter of hours on bikes- despite the fact that Midgar and Forgotten Capital are in different continents and that using bikes would pose some difficulty.

Once when Reno is on the floor during a fight. His index finger looks longer than his middle finger. I keep trying to look at it through a different point of view, but I just don't see how that works...

How cloud's and reno's hair stay so spiky throughout the course of the movie.

Its mind boggling, i mean cloud is one thing but reno's? After seeing them keeping their hair like that i've been looking around to see if theres such a gel that keeps hair in place that well XD.

Stella: There's no gas stations, either, but there still seems to be no problem. Think about that.

Anyway, I DID find it odd that in the regular DVD version, Cloud and Sephiroth get in this huge fight, swords everywhere and all, and both come out of it without a scratch. I watched that and was like "...what?".

Now I've seen Advent Children Complete, and that pretty much solved that problem...and then some. XD

The Turks being the comic relief when they were established im FFVII to do a lot of wetwork. Ya know, like kidnapping or blowing stuff up to crush hundreds of innocent people.

But hey, let's all laugh at the goofy Reno! Ha ha ha.

Last edited:
The fact that Cloud gets shot right between the eyes, and all that happens is that his glasses get blown off. I always wonder why his brains aren't splattered across the wastelands...

When Cloud flew through the megaflare to strike Bahamut, and his clothes were never burned.....

Also, how water got Kadaj to fun away from Aeriths chapel place....I was like wtf?

How Cloud can cut a motorcycle in half, and how Cloud gets shot in the face and only gets a little trickle of blood. And how almost all of the characters can pretty much fly.

What I thought were the weirdest things were.

1.) That people liked the movie. I mean really this movie was so flawed and the plot had more holes then the game. I just think this entire movies was a joke.
2.) That so many people who never played the game have seen this movie. If I didn't love the game then I wouldn't have ever thought to watch this movie ever unless I was at a friends house and they were watching it. Just seems weird to watch a movie based off a game with no back story fillers really. At least games like Resident Evil that they made into movies are perfectly able to stand alone. Without the backstory I would have thought this movie is even worse then it was having played the game.

Cloud is entirely too strong. I'm surprised no one else has as big of a problem with this. In the game cloud could not beat Sephiroth in a sword fight without healing and using special powers or whatever. I found that lame. Also his friends just leave him there. So in the event that he couldn't win he is dead for sure. Great friends! That doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
There was this scene where Kadaj used one of the Materia in order to do something, but he used the wrong materia, but still got the result that he had hoped for.
And in one of the chasing scenes, I noticed that there was s spelling mistake, something like this:
Warning. Do not enter. PARSONEL only" :P

One thing was in the 1 scene of FF7 Cloud vs Sephiroth, Sephiroth has all his clothes but in the original Sephiroth was shirtless. Not that I wanna see him shirtless but it confused me. As well, how Bahemut was so flamable yet he shoot giant balls of flame.

Cloud is entirely too strong. I'm surprised no one else has as big of a problem with this. In the game cloud could not beat Sephiroth in a sword fight without healing and using special powers or whatever.

That's because it's a sequel. Cloud should be that strong in it. I mean, they saved the planet, of course they're going to be beast_ Above all, you can't really compare it to the game as far as 'might and magic'. It's a turn-based RPG// think about it..

Anyways, WTH is up with Cloud's weapons? It's been a while since I've seen it, but I swear I don't remember any resemblance to any fuckin sword in the game..

Anyways, WTH is up with Cloud's weapons? It's been a while since I've seen it, but I swear I don't remember any resemblance to any fuckin sword in the game..

that's because he got a new set of swords. they link together to make the epic new Omnislash.

wth is up with Vincent turning into his cape? is that a limit break cuz i don't remember it. also, the usual Cloud got shot in the head thing, wth. but in response to the thing about Kadaj and the church water: he WANTED geostigma to do the reunion. the water healed people of it.

that's because he got a new set of swords. they link together to make the epic new Omnislash.

Oh..
Well, he should've given the old ones to me :mokken:

Cloud getting shot in the head :lolwhack:
I didn't like that either, but its funny thinking about it.

I think what they were trying to do is show how epically strong they are. But damn, I can't get that out of my head now. Right between the eyes to lmao

Last edited:
Did anyone find it confusing when cloud got shot by Loz and then cloud went to kill them again.(even though they got blown up by Reno and Rude).............they both decided to do a double attack which killed themeself and cloud.

But I don't get it when cloud dies this is the coversation afterwards

Cloud:"Mother?"

Aeris:"Again,why is everyone calling me their mother lately?"

Zack: "They must be fond of you"

Aeris: "looks like this ones a little to big to adopt"

Zack:"Tough luck friend,sounds like you don't have a place here"

After this cloud wakes up at the church alive and well...........

But what does that make Aeris and Zack are they a god of some sorts?

letting people who die to have their life revived?

i just re-watched the movie, and i JUST noticed the accents. Cait Sith was Scottish, and Red XIII was kinda British. wtf? also, i noticed the Reno finger thing too. good catch btw to whoever posted that first.

Back