Which FF game did you first anticipate?

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
Which FF game was the first to be released once you had become aware of the series, and had you waiting for it to be released?

For me, it was FFXII. I had just played through FFVII, VIII, IX and X, and I knew FFXII was coming out soon. I had it pre-ordered (with the strategy guide) and was counting down the days till I got it. I think it's so exciting being able to anticipate and wait for an FF game, since when you first start playing, there are so many out there already available.

I had just recently (two summers ago) gotten into Final Fantasy, so the first Final Fantasy I was really excited for was Dissidia! As soon as I heard about it, I told all my friends, counted down the days... Unfortunatly, my sister was kinda mean, and bought it. She kinda rubbed it in my face... But! She said she was super-excited about FF13. I'll get it before she does.... kukukuku... (Not just to spite her, I'm really excited to!)

I started liking FF not too long ago, so Dissidia was the last one I anticipated. But that doesn't really count in my eyes, so, I guess you could say FFXIII is the first Final Fantasy I'm not-so-patiently waiting for. ;)

I believe the first one I ever played was 7. But I remember watching my brother play it for days and days, it just made me want to play it even more and more! It just looks fascinating to me, ever since then, I have been in love with RPGs.

Well, I got into FF in 2007 so pretty much all the titles at that time were available, except for FFXIII and Dissidia. But, I'm really eagerly waiting for FFXIII. Having played FFV-FFXII, I will go back to the origins of the series while I wait for this game.

Oddly, I was eleven when I first laid eyes on a trailer on FFX-2 out of all the games. It seemed to be unlike anything I had ever seen before. Back then I would play only platform games, some driving games, and various Super Mario games on the GBA and the Gamecube. I really wanted it despite not knowing anything about the RPG genre and FFX.

I still vaguely recall my first attempt at FFX-2. The first battle seemed so convoluted to me. I never played an RPG before, so I was so unfamiliar with how everything works. I nearly died admittedly. After getting more used to it, I scoured everywhere for a copy of FFX.

I started playing Final Fantasy in 2004 and the first one was FFX.

After that I was really anticipating the release of FFXII but sadly I wasn't really satisifed with the game. =/

The next one was Dissidia! I was waiting for that game for months to come out and on the day it hit our stores my brother bought it for me as a birthday present! =D

I can say that I was NOT disappointed by this one whatsoever! Quite the opposite!

For me it would have to be FXII. I think after playing through FFX I was expecting a lot from FFXII but it sort of turned out to be a massive disappointment, I think the same can be said about Dissidia too. I don't know really what I was expecting from it though >.>

FFXIII better not let me down :jtc:

Final Fantasy XIII because I only started playing Final Fantasy games back in April. Man how I wish I started way sooner!!

it was FF7 Crisis Core for me
couldnt wait for this game
was very satisfied with it

The first time I became aware of the series was around the time FFVIII had been released. I got my hands on a demo, but although I thought the graphics were good, I thought the battles were too confusing and hard (mind you I was very young at the time). So I thought nothing of the series.

The first FF game I actually played was FFX in 2005, I liked it but I didn't end up finishing it until last year. The game which actually got me into the series as a whole was FFVI, which I played in 2005.

However even though I was into the series, I wasn't keeping track of the new FF games as they were being released. I spent more time trying to hunt down copies of the older games. By the time I had bought most of the numbered games, FFXII had already been released. So I was never hyped about its release.

I guess the first game that I actually anticipated was Crisis Core. However, I was never that hyped about it.

I only got into FF after playing KH(sad I know), so the first FF I got excited about was Dissidia

I bought it 3 times, and I love it

One of my friends got me into Final Fantasy with VII in 2000 or so. I played all of them I could get my hands on after that and eagerly awaited X (I bought the soundtrack to Spirits Within just so I could watch the trailer for it, which I watched over and over). X is my favorite now, so I wasn't disappointed.

For me, it was FFXII. I knew that it had to come out, but I thought that XI would have been what XII was. I did not see XI coming the way it did (MMORPG).

Mine was FFVIII. I remember reading and cutting out ANY images of the game in a copy of Computer and Video Game magazine. My room was full of cuttings and pictures for about 3 months before the game was released in the UK. Then I found it in a cheap game shop round the corner from me! Mega chuffed :-)

I started to play FF in 2005!
nd the first game waz FF VII

It waz Dissidia For me.

FFVIII, and I totally stalked it as well, every magazine with anything FF related I snaffled up, I was skint when it came out though, so I had to wait afew weeks to get it, Id tortured myself with some demo disk that came with an FF special magazine (which I totally still have 8F) And the day I bought it I was in Ashton with Carol and possibly Kelly, all I wanted to do when Id got it was go home, but I remember Carol seeing someone she knew and stopped to talk for AGES. I was stood hopping on the spot, all I wanted to do was go home and finally get the game Id been stalking for what felt like YEARS in my PS1 and get it played.

I also completed it for the first time in green after a temper tantrum that involved something within my tv smashing :mokken:

I think VIII is the only one Ive anticipated like that, IX I seemed to completely miss, though I was aware of it, and just got it when I spotted it one day shortly after its release, X I was excited about because it was PS2, but again, not quite on the level of VIII 8F. My mate had the day off work to get it and got my copy too 8F

I think FFX-2 was the next one to come out after I was already hooked on the series. The sad thing is, I never bought/played it since it was Online Only.

So I guess actually FFXII was the first game where my anticipation was off the charts and I couldn't sleep almost a week before the game was scheduled to be released. Hearing about the game 5 years before it was to hit the shelves was a long time to wait, and I doubt I'll ever get that hyped up over a game ever again.

FFXIII. I was about 11 when FFXII came out, and my RPG experience was basically only with Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, which I really didn't like.

I've really gotten into turn-based RPGs ever since I got Lost Odyssey a little under a year ago, so I'm really anticipating FFXIII.

FFX was the first game I anticipated I had just beaten FFVIII right when FFXI came out so I pretty much just went from one to the other with no real anticipation involved just great timing. Before that I had really only started to get into RPGs thanks to the modern miracle of emulators.

Back