Donald Trump

The Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Unban James, he is innocent
FFXIV Server
Ultros
In this thread post your favourite Anime. However, please remember that posts lacking sufficient detail and elaboration will be deleted. It's not enough to simply state your favourite Anime.

I guess my username would say it all.

That is, <Scrapped Princess>

For once, this was the first anime that I came across and actually liked. Furthermore, it seemed to be one of the few high-fantasy genre in which the 'Magic' looked soo cool. (I would want to reveal more details about the magic, but that would spoil the fun.) Storyline wise, the starting part has it's own appeal, but later on, it makes a really interesting twist.

Not only that, the story also portrayed the emotions of the characters rather excellently. The sadder parts of the story was able to bring this across to me.

So... This is why it's my favorite?

Hmm well right now my favorite Anime would have to be D.Grayman.

It is a long series at around 100+ episodes and is ongoing it's jsut it's creator has taken a break to let the manga catch up. Anyway it's a very original Anime based in the vicotrian times. The main character is Allen Walker an Exocist who's job is to track down and kill creatures called Akuma who are demons. This Anime will appeal mainly to a male ordiance but there is a lot of pscolgical parts to it. This Animes story flows nicely from part to part and is highly creative and orginal with great battle scenes.

The things that make this Anime my favorite is the strong connection the characters have and their strong morals. In my opinion it makes them seem more beleivable in the situation their in and makes the characters more enjoyable and determined. This coupled with the original idea's is great.

If you like anime's like bleech or FMA this is one of the ones you should take a look at.

It has to be Gurren Lagann

It had everything I wanted, science-fiction, comedy, drama, slice of life , killer soundtrack, inconceivable great animation and off course, solid character development, even if the big three (Simon, Kamina and Yoko) got more than others.

No DBZ-like "if I die, wish me back" nonsense, no, once a character bought the farm he or she wasn't coming back and this only made you feel more for the characters and what could happen to them. Sure it had it's lesser episodes here and there (especially nearing the end of the series), but even they were entertaining.

The only anime I would give a 10/10 score, simple-minded anime (a little of this, a little of that) but oh so sweet

Texchnolyze.

It's spelt weird and whenever I tried to get DVD stores to track it down they always spelt it wrong. :gonk:

Anyway, I simply loved this one. It's mysterious for ages and the angsty side of it is rather intriguing which never usually does anything for me.

I love the little girl (forget her name now) who can see into the future. She's awesome and the guy who stays with her and her grandfather is really interesting.

There is some odd designs of some of the anime characters in it and it makes me think "WTF?" sometimes, but other than that I love it!

It's pretty much about an underground fighter who finds himself with one arm and leg cut off after an argument with some higher up people and a lady doctor comes and saves him and gives him a texchnolyzed arm and leg.

10/10

^Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is my favorite anime also :) Rika, Rena, Shion, Ohhh, they're all so awesome, it is a much watch!

Also, Elfen Lied is in the top 5 of my personal favorites, along with NGE :)

[Mod Edit: Could you elaborate on why these are your favourite animes. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell Girl for me. I love the character designs and the storyline is just awesome. It's so sad and eerie at the same time, especially the story behind Ai Enma. I'm not really a big fan af horror anime, but this is really good anime that I recommend watching.

Well here are my favorite animes:

Dragonball Z- I like this anime alot and is best and most popular anime out there for its characterizations, Story, and its awesome fights. It has a mix of Martial arts in it and thats why I like it alot not to mention it also has a mix of science fiction in there.

Inuyasha-What I like about Inuyasha is that it takes place in Feudal Japan and based on the adventures of Inuyasha and his friends finding the sacred jewel shards and finding the demon known as Naraku who turned Inuyasha and kikyo into enemies.

Bleach- I like how the story starts out on Bleach. It opens up with a High School student named Ichigo Kurosaki who sees a hollow in a city and then sees a Shinigami(Soul Reaper) defeat the hollow. The Hollow is the evil spirit who once was once a human spirit.

Naruto-Now Naruto is one of my favorite anime series story I like next to Bleach. It starts off with a young kid who has a demon fox sealed inside of him and he wants to be Hokage so people will look up to him.

While it's not a series, the film Akira is one of my favorite movies ever. The art style, the music, the characters are all perfect, and it's got some genuinely creepy moments.

I don't watch A LOT of anime, but as for series, Trigun would probably be my favorite.

aaa, I forgot FLCL, that's definitely up there with Akira

Last edited:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is mine. It is, without a doubt, the funniest thing I have ever seen. It takes small aspects of life that you wouldn't normally think about
and blows it completely out of proportion...or takes obvious things and blows them completely out of proportion.

It also parodies numerous anime (Pretty Cure, Death Note, Gurren Lagann and Ghost in the Shell, to name a few), has an incredibly diverse cast, each with their own little quirks (and a name based off that quirk) and the opening themes are sung by the main cast and are extremely catchy...its just so brilliantly put together, and it gives such a twisted perspective on life in general. Bits and pieces are a little too Japanese-orientated for me to understand, but the majority of it is pure gold.

My favorite Anime would have to be Cowboy Bebop. I just the atmosphere of this anime. It has such a cool theme to it and the musical score is excellent also. Cowboy Bebop I believe opened up my world on anime. I is my favorite for the flawed hero Spike and his arch rival Vicious. I would really love to find a anime that got a great cast of characters, musical score, and even better story.

Cowboy Bebop is obviously one of the first Animes I watched and enjoyed enough to look up more anime.

Gosh well i would have to say i have favourite animes in genres because there is so many amazing animes out there under more than ten different genres.

Drama/suspence

For me i adore wolves rain - everything about it is stunning, the graphics, the characters, the storyline and the whole way everything is played throughout. It was one of the few animes that managed to make me laugh, gasp and cry at and when i mean cry i mean full blown sobbing rofl. The whole relationship between the pack was stunning and so touching and then when cheza came onto the scene it became something more.

Comedy

Ouran high host club is one of the funniest animes i have ever seen and i have watched this so many times already but still it cracks me up. Then it is followed by fruit basket which was another one which was amazing and made me laugh so much.

Horror/Gothic

i have two fovourite ones here one is blood the last vampire as it had everything i wanted at the time and was so dark. Second one was vampire hunter d which once again was stunning. Very dark and the whole storyline was old scale same with the graphics but it just touched something.

Azumanga Daioh
This is for when I just want to watch a little bit of something without investing time in it. There may be an over-arching plot, but none of the episodes are really connected to one another so it's something you can just skip to a random episode on and enjoy it all you want :)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
No matter how many times I watch this, I still come away at the end with a profound sense of FUCKYEAH and the urge to let out a manly roar. Unfortunately I would probably sound like an idiot if I did that just because I watched TV, so I hold it in. Still, a fun series XD

Hellsing OVA
I have a limit on happy/fluffy stuff, but at the same time I like a good ending and I've never been one for truly beat-down-the-main-character moments. Hellsing manages to be darker than a lot of series, but there's still that optimistic feeling that the good guys (even if they are monsters) will come out on top :)

Karas
Because most of the other anime movies I own are either segmented (Gotham Knight) or full of mindfuck (Death and Rebirth, End of Evangelion), so every now and then I like a good shoot-em-up action movie. This fits the bill quite nicely.

Akira
Despite what I said in the Karas entry; every now and then I like mindfuck as well, and End of Evangelion usually mandates watching the entire series beforehand. Akira's a good standalone.

Basically in order. I'm not even going to bother censoring spoilers, so keep that in mind:

Fullmetal Alchemist-Both the 1st & 2nd anime have amazing stories. They both feature war crimes, developed antagonists, absolutely badass protagonists, deep emotional turmoil, intense combat, pretty much the right mix of everything.

Both do kind of get off-track towards the end. In the 1st, there's a parallel universe involving Nazis. In the 2nd, for some reason, Pride turns out to be a being with the ability to manipulate shadows in a world that has been, thus far, based off of magic-like alchemy that still followed the laws of physics. However, both seem to manage to reign it in & make it work.

.hack//SIGN-At the risk of making this weird, it's beautiful. Excellent artwork, great tracks (which I hear were chosen for specific reasons relating to the characters), & a mind-bending plot. This show really lacked combat &, to some degree, memorable characters, but it made up for it in the overall package.

I'll probably never forget when Tsukasa & Subaru meet in real life. It was very touching that, despite the fact that they were very different from what each thought the other was, they just didn't care. It was a match that was made in impossible odds & the hope that was born from that gave birth to Aura.

This led into the rest of the .hack series, which is also pretty damn good, until G.U., which decides to just ruin everything. Many of the AIs, who were FINALLY being tolerated, were hunted down & destroyed. Kite was permanently removed from The World. Aura was missing for some unknown reason. The Phases were back, again, for some unknown reason. And Tsukasa & Subaru broke up. It took at least 3 novels, 4 games, 1.5 anime series, & a 3 volume manga for this franchise to build up to such an emotionally satisfying conclusion, & G.U. just brought it all crashing down. The only reason I don't consider this show ruined is because I take it & the 1st series on individual merits, & basically discontinuity G.U.

Bleach-Okay, sometimes it's compared to DBZ. However, the key difference is that the characters are diverse with equally diverse abilities & the plot is not episodic. It doesn't become monotonous. It had a great set-up for one of the greatest villains ever, Sosuke Aizen. And, while most people don't like the Fake Karakura Town Arc, & while it is dragging on a little bit, it's housed many of the most awesome moments of the series.

The main character, Ichigo, seems traditional on the surface, but is actually meant to be counter to the usual Shonen protagonist. He has a good family life, he's a good student, & he's fairly intelligent, despite the directness of his methods. He's not like Inuyasha, who will dive headlong into a trap just because Naraku is there. If Ichigo does that, sooner or later, he'll reveal some kind of reasoning for why he had no other choice, or why it was the best option at the time.

Even among the supporting characters, it's hard to find someone you can really "hate." In particular, Ulquiorra is an honorable mention. He pulled off a role that is incredibly hard for a character to pull off. He was a cruel, nihilistic villain. He even had some redemption at the end. And he did it all without coming across as whiney, sympathetic, or hammed up.

======

Naruto-Allow me to clarify. NARUTO IS COMPLETE SHIT. So, why is it on my list? Because it used to be great. In the opening, we had 3 characters who honestly kinda sucked, but they progressed rapidly as they came of age. This series also liked to cut the "good vs. evil" bullshit. Loyalties were not that simple. In fact, one of its greatest plot points was how Sasuke's desire for revenge caused him to lose sight of what was important.

The backdrop was a political drama, and back then, it didn't feel as "soap opera" ish. That's something I feel that a lot of anime are mising: The actual presence of different factions. This only increased when Orochimaru & the Akatsuki were introduced.

Orochimaru is, in my opinion, one of the greatest villains ever. He just does absolutely everything. He's sadistic, a master strategist, a mad scientist, creepy as all Hell, & powerful to boot, but not overpowered. His "death" made him look more human without cramming it down your throat. He wasn't any less evil or any more sympathetic because of it, you just understood him. The Akatsuki were pretty kickass, too.

This thing gets a lot of flak for "not featuring real ninja," but it was never supposed to. If you look at Shinto and ninja mythology, you gain a whole new appreciation for what it is.

I even came to terms with Itachi being a hero. It felt like an asspull, but at least it made sense. However, once the Sharingan started being able to do anything the writer wanted it to & Madara Uchiha, the worst developed villain ever, took center stage, this series just spiraled downhill fast. Orochimaru was re-introduced only to be shafted &, recently, the entire Akatsuki was brought back to life.And, of course, Kishimoto just completely forgot how to use his supporting characters, especially the women. Hopefully, Tsunade won't suffer from that. Honestly, I think the only reason I still read it is because I'm hoping for Orochimaru to come back.

Last edited:
Both do kind of get off-track towards the end. In the 1st, there's a parallel universe involving Nazis. In the 2nd, for some reason, Pride turns out to be a being with the ability to manipulate shadows in a world that has been, thus far, based off of magic-like alchemy that still followed the laws of physics. However, both seem to manage to reign it in & make it work.
Actually if we're talking accuracy to the manga, the second FMA series has been quite on-track based on all I've seen and heard.

Orochimaru is, in my opinion, one of the greatest villains ever. He just does absolutely everything. He's sadistic, a master strategist, a mad scientist, creepy as all Hell, & powerful to boot, but not overpowered. His "death" made him look more human without cramming it down your throat. He wasn't any less evil or any more sympathetic because of it, you just understood him.
This. I have to say what I really liked about Orochimaru is that he didn't even have to perform any real action to be creepy. They just showed him standing there and you'd have VILLAIN ALERT alarms going off in your head on the spot. It wasn't that he was scary; it's that he didn't have to try to be (something almost none of the Akatsuki have been able to pull off IMO).

Mine is bleach like usual but theres other anime that i want to get into,such as the iron man and wolverine anime(maybe) it looks pretty awesome.theres an anime called heroman tht i wanna get into one day. Theres an anime by square enix called korutsisuji or something and the main character,his name is sebastian,maybe one day i will get into that.

theres a reason why bleach is my favorite still, the storyline keeps gettin more intresting and anime has recently gone back to the canon storyline!

Nauto- I have been watching it since 2006 and its still my all time favorite. I love its mix of Action, Comedy and Emotion. It has a host of interesting characters that you either love or it. I hopes Shippudden is just as enjoyable as Naruto.

Soul Eater- The newest edition to my favs, omg how I love it. This maybe sorta dark, but it haves laods of laughs still.

I have a few favs, so Im not gonna list them all.

It used to be Macross Frontier, but now Claymore
or Dgrayman...man too hard to choose.

Macross Frontier: The mecha;s were awesome. I loved the music in it and I simply HATE musicals or shows with too many music elements in them (where they sing along) but in this show I was blown away.

Claymore: Action packed and cool women owning Yoma non stop. Suspence in every single ep.

Dgrayman: Action packed, cool characters with each his/her own unique weapon, awesome demons/yoma like the lvl 3th ones.

Mod's Edit: Can you please input reasons why these would be your favourite animes? Thanks. ~ Faith Crest

Last edited:
Madaraki: I was mostly comparing the plot of the manga & anime because I'm too lazy to post in the Favorite Manga Thread. I think TV Tropes said it best: Fullmetal Alchemist started pretty straightforward but has been steadily sliding into WTF territory.

Back