Thick or Thin hair?

Catnip

Auto-Haste
Veteran
Gil
I have friends who have thick hair who would die to have thin hair. I myself have thin hair and would absolutely kill to have that gorgeous, full head of nice, thick hair. I have this shampoo that does an amazing job at thickening my hair (for a little less than a whole day), and I just wish I had that permanently.
Thin hair doesn't look nice when it's down in my opinion. I like my hair to actually cover my neck on both sides and the back.

Anyway, I could go on and on about this, but I'll stop right here.
What would you prefer: thick or thin hair and why?

I used to have really thick hair, but the shampoo I used is crap so now it's starting to thin out. Don't really like it all too much. I prefer thick hair since I guess it's because my hair felt fluffy. Also, ever since my hair thinned out, I ended up having to cut it short. Now, I look like a guy. Another reason why I miss and prefer my thick hair.

Trust me, thick hair is a pain.

I use to have long hair and it was very difficult to keep tamed because my hair is so unbelievably thick, I was a white guy with an afro if I didnt straighten it. Shoulder length.

I'd kill to have naturally straight, thin hair.

Trust me, thick hair is a pain.

I use to have long hair and it was very difficult to keep tamed because my hair is so unbelievably thick, I was a white guy with an afro if I didnt straighten it. Shoulder length.

I'd kill to have naturally straight, thin hair.

^This, this, and only this
Trust me, thick hair is a pain in the ass. I have thick hair, and I'm not allowed to cut it because when i put it into a ponytail, its like a friggen ball! Its the worst when you try to tie your hair, and you elastics keep breaking, but I think thats just becasue I have a lot of hair...

Bottom line: Thick hair=Bad Thin hair=Good

I'd rather have thin hair than thick hair, mainly because, when I grow it out, I have to spend about 45 minutes straightening it or my hair just goes EVERYWHERE. It's not even funny.

My brother has thin hair, and he can get away with not straightening his hair. I have really thick hair, so if I don't straighten my hair, I wear a hat >_>

Only consolation is, the men on my dad's side of the family all go bald about the time they hit 40, and they all have thin hair, while my mum's side of the family tend not to, so it looks like I never have to worry about going bald >_>

it all depends on head shape, heart shaped or more thinner shaped heads look alot better with thin hair, as people with more round heads look better with thicker hair

I'd rather have thin hair than thick hair, mainly because, when I grow it out, I have to spend about 45 minutes straightening it or my hair just goes EVERYWHERE. It's not even funny.

My brother has thin hair, and he can get away with not straightening his hair. I have really thick hair, so if I don't straighten my hair, I wear a hat >_>

Only consolation is, the men on my dad's side of the family all go bald about the time they hit 40, and they all have thin hair, while my mum's side of the family tend not to, so it looks like I never have to worry about going bald >_>

That's definitely another thing.
My cousin has really thick hair, and it's absolutely beautiful. Honestly, I love doing my own hair, makeup, etc. So I wouldn't mind straightening my own thick locks (if I were to have any that is -.-)

Middle hair >.>
Thick hair is an absolute shitter to keep tamed, and even straightening it is horrible, however, it looks good if you get it right but thin hair is far more easier to work around, but sometimes it just doesn't look as good or hold position D:

Middle hair >.>
Thick hair is an absolute shitter to keep tamed, and even straightening it is horrible, however, it looks good if you get it right but thin hair is far more easier to work around, but sometimes it just doesn't look as good or hold position D:

That sounds nice. Some people are fortunate to have hair like that.
Not too thick. Not too thin.
If only..

I used to have thick hair and I HATED it, now it's a fair bit thinner (being pregnant didnt suit me at all, I wasnt one of those women who GLOWED) Actually it's loads thinner compared to what it used to be like, I hate it, I'd well take the thickness back in a heart beat, I have all this paranioa about it all dropping out ¬¬

Thick hair was a pain to manage, I suppose thats the plus side..and I never really straightened it much because there was no such thing as a decent pair of straightners way back when.. ¬¬ Although my hairs fuckign long now, so it still takes a year an d a half to straighten anyway

I just dont think thin hair LOOKS as nice, if i plait it or stick it in pigtails it just looks like a bit of fucking rope 8F

Give me inbetween anyday of the week ¬¬

I hate my hair :gonk:

The hair I was born with was reaaaaally thick. It WAS hard to work around it when it didn't behave. :ffs: I got it rebonded (a treatment that makes the hair straight for a minimum of six months) when I was thirteen, and that made it quite thin. The effect faded after a year, and now my hair has been wavy and somewhat in the middle of thick and thin. I'm thinking of getting it rebonded again, but I'll have to save up and I cbf. D:

So...having had both thick and thin hair, I'd say a balance is nice. Thick hair is awesome, but only if it's still manageable. Thin hair is alright too, but only if it doesn't look like you're balding. :gasp:

So basically.. thick hair looks nice but is a pain in the ass to handle. And thin hair is easy to work with but it definitely doesn't look as good.

They both win and lose, I suppose.

Thick hair is really a pain in the arse at times but, I think in the long run would probably be best. Thin hair im sure you lose faster as so says my gma who has reaaaally thin hair and she says that if she would've had thick, might have her hair well, more hair on her head then she does now XD.

The only bad thing about having thin hair is that it's extremely difficult to get and KEEP that full, thick look that most people with thin hair usually long for. As much as I wish I could have slightly thicker hair, I think that it would most likely be a pain to have to take care of.

I have always had really really thick long hair.

It is a pain in the ass to take care of that's for sure. It's very curly too so it takes forever to get the hair straightener through it.

It definitely is worth the hassle though. It's nice to have a full head of hair. At least I know I won't go bald any time soon. :gonk:

Last edited:
My hair is thick, and I must say that I love it. I couldn't imagine having thin hair. It's rather annoying to brush/comb at times though. Other than that, I effing love my hair. :D

I have always had really really thick long hair.

It is a pain in the ass to take care of that's for sure. It's very curly too so it takes forever to get the hair straightener through it.

It definitely is worth the hassle though. It's nice to have a full head of hair. At least I know I won't go bald any time soon.

I have to agree with this. My hair is long and thick and while it takes me forever to straighten, I'm always happy once I see the result. It's extremely curly though which can be a pain if I don't straighten it. If I don't put some sort of moisturizer or mousse on it before it dries, it poofs out and I look like an 80's popstar. I've always gotten a lot of compliments on my hair and that makes me feel better. :ryan:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have really thick hair.

Its insane how I manage to have so much of it when whilst I wash it and style it every other day, I loose so much of it.

I usually flat iron it when I get it dried so it looks like I have it tamed and makes it a bit more managable.

If I don't dry it and sleep on it I get massive waves in it so I usually use the larger of my curling irons on it so its curly with some massive volume :ohoho:

Either curling it or flat ironing it easily takes at least 20 minutes though...I have a ton of hair :gonk:
I've always been complimented on my hair though, so I guess its one of my better traits of my appearance. People love how its soft and thick...and they like my new cut :lew:

I have very thick hair.

If I don't take care of it on a regular basis - which I don't - it just gets unnaturally long and yeah. I think it comes from my dad's side because he has thick hair, my grandpa had thick hair and just about every one of my aunts on his side of the family has thick hair. It must be a man thing. xD I think because of the thick hair I have, I always get it cut to a buzzcut level. I just cannot deal with the thickness of my hair. :sad3:

My hair is thick. THICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every time I go to the hairdressers they thin it out for me with some special scissors and they always say without a doubt "oh my god, your hair is so thick!" like it's the thickest hair they've ever had the pleasure of touching :-)grin:)

I hate it, I wish I had thinner hair, when I straighten my hair (almost everyday) it look thinish... no one would think it is as thick as it is.

Though it makes it annoying because if I don't want to straighten my hair I am stuck with a poofy afro!

Back