Kuja...Female?

I like his thong <.<

And i always wondered...are those two feathers in his hair growing out of his scalp or did he stick them there or what? o_O Cuz the rest of his hair is normal, but in trance he's UBER feathery...kind of a weird trance too, because his clothes seem to meld with his feathers/body, unlike Zidane and Amarant who just go nekkid.

I thought those feathers were just for adornment. But... maybe you're right. The whole feathered-trance Kuja seemed odd given that nobody else changed so much during their trance.

Oooh -- Kuja.

:inlove:

A lot of the FF Villains look completely different for your last confrontation with them... Sephiroth, for example, turns into an angel. So I don't see why everyone finds it so weird for Kuja to look different. All characters change when they are in Trance mode, so it makes sense for the bad guy to be designed in a way that makes him stand out.

I did reiterate it to you and that was to illustrate the latter option you just gave. You said it was written as "ku ji a" and i said you were wrong and showed you how it's actually spelled and for some inane reason, you're sticking by that? I'm not entirely sure because your reply is so jumbled.

Either way this is a stupid thing to continue arguing about because i showed you how the name is actually spelled, your spelling is wrong, there's no denying it and besides, his name has nothing to do with him being an effeminate male.
then reiterating an earlier post doesn't make sense. mind you I'm just clearing this. didn't I tell you my mistakes? and then you'll say I'm sticking with it? read again.

okay my mistake, the last character is "ya" instead of "a". and yeah "ji ya" is romanized as "ja"
well if it's jumbled to you then fine. I'll still defend you obviously got me wrong by what I meant on "how the katakana characters of his name are lined up", it's just simple as substituting those syllables with their corresponding kanas. now we're just both entitled to our opinions but I won't argue it either that's all I have to say.

I think the feathery points on his head were actually part of him. The Genomes already have monkey bits, what would stop Garland from adding a bit of bird as well?

Also... why the hell did Kuja escape the fate of having the same design as the other Genomes (aside from the obvious ramifications it'd have on the plot)?

And why did Garland decide to go back to the original design of monkey people with identical hairstyles when he made Zidane?

I think the feathery points on his head were actually part of him. The Genomes already have monkey bits, what would stop Garland from adding a bit of bird as well?

Also... why the hell did Kuja escape the fate of having the same design as the other Genomes (aside from the obvious ramifications it'd have on the plot)?

And why did Garland decide to go back to the original design of monkey people with identical hairstyles when he made Zidane?

Kuja got a special makeover cuz he was Garland's original angel of death and i suppose Garland felt he needed to be unique. As for why Zidane and Mikoto reverted to monkey people...maybe Garland thought that looking like an individual led to becoming one? Obviously Zidane proved him wrong on that one (assuming that was Garland's line of thinking).

Because Garland said that Kuja was hiding his true identity (this was when Zidane pointed out that Kuja didn't look like the rest of the Genomes), I assumed that every aspect of Kuja that was different was something that he did himself. To make himself stand out. He could have used magic to do it.

*shrugs*

I never thought he was a female, I admit he looks feminine and nothing more.

I re-watched the Kuja cut scenes on YouTube. Now I'm thinking that you're right about the feathers. It kind of looks like a lot of the bulk of his "hair" in the back might be matted hair mixed with feathers.

There doesn't appear to be anything keeping the feathers that are pointing out on top of his head attached... they do look like they're growing there.

Kuja is clearly a male.

- All characters use the pronoun, "he," when referring to him.
- Zidane and Kuja are brothers.
- He lusts after Garnet on more than one occassion.
- Brahne referred to his "girly face" at the end of disc 2 - why would she mention that if Kuja was a girl? Wouldn't it have been a given?
- He has no breasts.
- In 'Dissidia,' he is voiced by a male.
- He refers to Brahne as the "Elephant Lady," suggesting that he is condescending towards woman; which is emphasised and justified by his actions towards both Garnet and Eiko.

Granted, he doesn't act entirely masculine; he is, instead, very magestic and angelic with an almost frail aura. Regardless, it's clear that he is male.

He definitely has a feminine touch too him... but I'm not sure-I think he suits being a guy

I've always thought of Kuja as a man. But last night I had a dream that (to my surprise) he turned out to be a woman. It was the most weird dream ever. o_O

Kuja is clearly a male, and pwns you.
Granted, he does dress like a
transexual stripper
, but he still has a male physique. And in trance he looks like a red man, and doesn't dress quite so homosexually.

Dissidia is an action game being made by Square for the PSP apparently. It has various characters from the FF series in it, including Kuja and Zidane.

Sweet, I'll look forward to that. Anyway back to topic, I thought Kuja's sex was well enough explained in the Dagger Cid chat when you get to Lindblum on Disc 1. She talks about a strange man who is visiting Brahn's castle
now and then. I also think that he is titled as "strange man" when you see him in Burmecia castle. Of course I could be mistaken, I haven't played it a couple of months.

Back