RPG Inferno Suggestions Thread

If the spell is that potent though it'd rip through mp in no time, they would have to be brought in MUCH later

Yes and also it would make the game hard to play fairly so there should be a 2 ADR requirement. Otherwise the attack types would get used to make a character impossible to beat.

Can we get back to suggestions? Lol, I like how someone other than me is suggesting stuff but this is getting a bit off topic.
Here's a fairly weak pet from FFIII:
Name: Rust Bird
Specialties? Points spent under DEF are only worth 1 each, but points spent under EVA and SPD are worth 3.
Special Spells? None

So it's basically a ninja-type pet.
I sent a load of suggestions to Gabranth recently, and I'll try to send a few to both him and Tielknight later. This is NOT a reasonable hour for me... zzz...

I wish the RPG was like the first one, i miss battling Sin and Evil Julius. I liked it better when we weren't forced to follow a certain path.

How so forced into a certain path? you get to choose which way you wanna go as in class, and there are multiple side areas of the last one.

Also, i would like to see maybe instead of a monster pet, perhaps an "ally" which you can control, but is a pet. For example in the storyline you meet up with a stranger that has the same goals as you and then you can "pay him/her" for his services by buying him/her at a store. So there could be multiple character looks and you can choose which one you want. Then once you pick one you make a trigger so that you can't buy another one. Each friend could have its own unique ability and picture.

I just thought it would be cool to have like a Bangaa that teams up with you or something. Not sure if you can equip weapons on pets, but if not you wouldn't need it.

How so forced into a certain path? you get to choose which way you wanna go as in class, and there are multiple side areas of the last one.
I think he means the Tunnels/unique cities and exclusive spells/pets/attack types, etc.

Also, i would like to see maybe instead of a monster pet, perhaps an "ally" which you can control, but is a pet. For example in the storyline you meet up with a stranger that has the same goals as you and then you can "pay him/her" for his services by buying him/her at a store. So there could be multiple character looks and you can choose which one you want. Then once you pick one you make a trigger so that you can't buy another one. Each friend could have its own unique ability and picture.
Thats what i mentioned as well, just not that well-specified. I fully support this idea, Pets shouldn't be just summons/monsters but characters with their unique attack types/spells.

I just thought it would be cool to have like a Bangaa that teams up with you or something. Not sure if you can equip weapons on pets, but if not you wouldn't need it.
I don't think you can equi anything to pets other than an attack type, but it would be great if they had at least a Weapon instead of Fists.

What i ment was to be able to travel everywhere like in the original RPG fight will all the monsters, not having to increased my stats only to battle mage based monsters or warrior based monsters, in a way i enjoyed the old RPG of 2007 much more.

No you can not equip a pet with any weapons. As for the trigger it would have to be a special area that you can only go to before you get to far.

How about a fairly all-around pet available from the beginning?
Name: Chocobo
Special Spells? None
Attack types? Chocobo Kick (Gives 50% to STR)
Specialties? Points spent under SPD are worth 3.

These fuzzy little critters are available in almost every game. As the RPG progresses, you'll be able to get upgraded Chocobos like Black, Red, and Brown Chocobos.

That wouldn't be too hard, but they would have to check if they can make a trigger to disable the area if you don't have the bird.

In FFXII there were special areas you could only access by Chocobo... I think you're pretty smart! They could make an area like that, but only for Yellow Chocobos, as they are the only ones that you can ride.
Legend Killer, I forwarded all the suggestions to you. Thanks for accepting them!

I think we should have characters from different universes appearing in the RPG as NPC, the old RPG had a few but i would enjoy seeing more of them. Mixing in different characters, and changing the theme of the story a bit.

The RPG 2nd version which had us begin our adveture in the Black Pearl was pretty good.

I already have NPC's covered. The game will start off in FFIII, so there will be characters like Sara Altney, Cid Haze, Takka, Refia, Desch, Luneth, Arc, and Ingus.
Legend Killer, the Storehouse, the rest of Cid's Airship, and Ur will be in Suggestions v5.

Moogle could you post these suggestions? It would allow people to criticize them and make them better. Also the RPGInferno mods are in charge of the direction of the game not the members.
Julius how is the staff making going, assuming that you are going to place the staff in the inferno again.

Yes, Marsh is right. The Directors decide what is going to be implemented in the Inferno, and not members. However, we do consider these suggestions and decide if we should or not implement them.

Assuming that the Game will start in FFIII is kind of pushing the subject into the game, and to be honest we haven't decide if we will keep the game to one linear storyline. Much more, we still don't have a map.

I thank Adrammalech for your suggestions, but for future reference post your suggestions here in this thread from now on. If you want me to check them, send me a link to the post. Other members have the right to give their opinions as well.

So far we have already cleaned the ACPs (yes it took us hours to do so because we had over 500 things to delete....)

Okay, I haven't contributed any to this thread in a while, I should bring up some suggestions, be they crappy or not. They don't have to be used if deemed so. :P

Spells

Name: Sacrifice.

Description: User sacrifices some of it's own HP to restore an ally's HP by double (like the Chant skill in Final Fantasy Tactics).

Arcane Skill Requirement: 50.

MP Cost: 55 (+3 per level up).

Spell Miss Chance: 20% (-1% per level up).

Caster's HP -200 (-20 per level up). Targeted Combatant's HP +400 (+40 per level up).

Max Spell Level: 16.

Name: Trinity Illusion.

Description: A dark spell that creates multiple illusory copies of the caster to deceive opponents, making the user much harder to hit.

Arcane Skill Requirement: 80

MP Cost: 69 (+3 per level up).

Spell Miss Chance: 33% (-3% per level up).

Caster's EVA +30, lasts 5 turns (+1 per level up). Caster's EVA +50, lasts 3 turns (+1 per level up). Caster's EVA +70, lasts 1 turn (+1 per level up).

Max Spell Level: 8.

Well, that's all I've got for now...not sure if anyone will like them or not, and if either were used, some of the numbers could be changed as seen fit if these are a bit high/low. ;)

Nice, then I made good suggestions! ^_^ It actually took me longer than some may think to come up with all the numbers, the names, and descriptions of just these two spells, but not too long, I have had these ideas in my mind for a while, just started filling in the blanks to post them here as suggested spells.

All things considered, Trinity Illusion has less boosts than Berserk did in the previous RPG. It has a total of a 150 point stat boost, while berserk boosted two stats by up to 100 for a total of 200 points of stat boosts, and it lasts a lot longer once mastered than this spell would.

And lastly, the lesser boosts last the longest. As the illusory copies fade one by one, EVA gradually drops towards it's norm. :P

And you are an RPG Director, no? You can be whatever you want whenever you want, right? I guess you'd just have to stick to using strictly to using things from your preferred class for any PvP battles, but other than that you have complete freedom, don't you? :)

I'll try think of different suggestions now then, I have contributed with these spells, I should think of something else now, even though I plan to be a mage, so spells are what is most useful to me. >.>

This spells are for each of the starting classes.
After Image
Description: User enhances their speed by learning how to become faster
Arcane Skill Requirement: 10

MP Cost: 10 (+10 per level up).

Spell Miss Chance: 100% (-1% per level up).

Caster's Spd +1 (+1 per level up). 100 max

Max Spell Level: 100

Brutal Fists
Description: User enhances their strength by learning how to become stronger
Arcane Skill Requirement: 10

MP Cost: 10 (+10 per level up).

Spell Miss Chance: 100% (-1% per level up).

Caster's Str +1 (+1 per level up). 100 max

Max Spell Level: 100

Mage's wraith
Description: User enhances their magic by learning how to become wiser
Arcane Skill Requirement: 20

MP Cost: 20 (+20 per level up).

Spell Miss Chance: 100% (-2% per level up).

Caster's Mag +2 (+2 per level up). 100 max

Max Spell Level: 50

All effects last for 10 turns

Those are great suggestions... however, I don't think EXP is added to a spell if it misses. Therefore, I think there could be a new set of spells for boosting. The MP gains per level up are also too big.
Haste/Hastera/Hastega... Boosts EVA and SPD.
Faith/Faithra/Faithga... Boosts MAG and DEF.
Bravery/Bravera/Bravega... Boosts STR and DEX.
In the previous RPG they had Berserk, Energy Focus, and Haste, so I've decided to give them more FF-ish names. And to make it better, the boost/turn caps will be the same for all the spells, as the last RPG gave Warriors the advantage with a spell with a max boost of 100.

Back