Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Would you like to see a sequel to this game, or maybe a movie....or a prequel? Maybe you'd like to see it remade on any platform of your choice

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like/dislike, or do you think that it should be left alone altogether?

Please remember no flaming, and people are allowed their own opinions, even if it seems like a stupid idea to you ^_^

There are dozens of remakes of this game already. LOL :P

That wasn't the point of the thread. It's asking generally. Would you like to see a spin off or a remake maybe on another platform, this post contributes nothing to the thread - further posts will be deleting

I personally would love a remake... the game itself is very good, story wise, but as far as side-quests go, it's kind of weak, I wish they'd make one with more side-quest content.

Well I can't see a point in a spin off considering the story was pretty simple and everything was wrapped up just fine. As for a remake, I'm not about to beg for one, but if SE released a remake on a next-gen console with FFXIII quality graphics, I'd buy it.

If there was a remake done with:

- voice acting
- a better plot
- more character interaction
- names for each character
- a playable character called Warrior of Light
- better graphics

...then I'd be inclined to buy it. Otherwise, a remake would be pointless, since remaking games is a chance to correct the blatant shit mistakes made the first time around,

No and No. Well, the first is a qualified no: If Sakaguchi was forced to omit certain things the first time around and really wanted to add them I'd be down: A kind of Director's Cut of the game if you will, but I would not want to see a remake just for the sake of Graphics and throwing in a superfluous plot.

As said before a spinoff would make no sense: The game is virtually a closed universe, with the Light Warriors having no backstory and the threat being completely resolved at the end. I guess we could learn more about Garland and Princess Sara, but you would have to work pretty hard to turn that into a spinoff.

D4D

I would definitely like to see a remake of any of the final fantasy games but especially the older ones. I'd love to see this one remade. If they had better graphics and added a little more depth to the story. I mean not take anything away unless it was really bad but add to it. Give the characters more depth and development backstories and what not make them more individualized. Update the game a bit and I'd be all for it.

Do not touch a legendary game! It has no need for spin-offs since the game is pretty... well how should I say this? simple and there is nothing else to gets explained (perhaps the wicked timeline problem though)...
And about a remake... Well! Enough of the remakes! They´re already *counting* about 4-5 remakes.

Given the fact its already seen remakes on the Wonderswan, PS1, GBA, and PSP, I don't think this game needs another remake that rehashes the same game yet again. I love FF I, but what more can be added to the game? Another bonus dungeon , rebalanced difficulty and 3-D graphics are the farthest they can go while retaining the spirit of the NES FFI, and at the end, it would still be a rehash, only prettier.

FF I is a classic title, but Square Enix needs to move on and start remaking FF V-IX

I wouldn't be to fond for a remake. If not for the fact it's been remade several times on multiple systems, then for the simple storyline. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash the game in any way, as it was pretty advanced for it's time, but nowadays, it's storyline is boring, if it has one at all.

Yes, I think it would be nice...I just got Final Fantasy Origins...And I like it...Nice and simple, but I'm a sucker for graphics...I always look deeply into them and critisise how his head just went through the wall magically xD

But, yes - a nice new remake would be nice...Maybe keeping it's 2D-licious look...But with the REALLY GOOD 2D software...I'd like to know more about the light warriors...
Oh and funfact I found out today...
FF Origins (FF 1 and 2) was Finished in 2003, while FFX was finished in 2002... :O
HeeHee...:3

personally i would love a remake with the current graphics like XIII, but it would require too much time, then we would have to wait 10-12 years for the next FF instead of 4-6.

I guess I would most desire a spin-off that finally closes off the damn plot. Something that gives us at least a bit of background on the Warriors of Light, explains the link to Dissidia, & shows what becomes of Garland.

I would definatly support a remake. Especially with todays graphics. This is the classic. But modernizing it wouldn't hurt much.
A movie, maybe. I think that with this storyline they could do wonders.
Prequel? how do you make a prequel to the first game in the series, that would go nowhere.
As for a sequel, also it would go nowhere, this storyline is finished.

A MOVIE? Ohh man that would be crazy. Remakes? I think there are plenty to go around. Spin-off? Well it has been rumored that
Dissidia: Final Final Fantasy leads off to where FF1 begins which is pretty cool

i dunno, its had an insane number of remakes already (none of them too different), but a fully 3-D version on ps3 or PC would be nice.

I fear a remake of this game on next-generation consoles with improved graphics and such would ruin the "magic" if you will. And the way Square Enix Final Fantasy games have felt to me lately I probably wouldn't like it, but that's just a guess on my part. This game is better off being left alone to the 2D style that was around upon its creation. The 3D graphic intro that was introduced in the PS1 version was enough for me.

It may sound stupid but yes as long as they don't mess it up.
I think it may be what is needed to bring a sense of perspective back to Final Fantasy. It should keep to the same story though almost word for word.
It could be a good idea for a re-make but I don't personally think a spin off would be good.
If they don't think they could do a good enough job I'd say leave it alone well alone.

Back