Achievement of the day

I kicked my boyfriend's butt on a videogame.

It just proved that even after SUCH a long time after not having played a FPS on a normal console controller, I STILL kick ass.

Ya'll better watch out, cause once I get my PS3 I'm gonna kick your ass ;)

I completed my first placement on the PGCE course. A bit upsetting in a way. :sad3: I became part of a community, then I had to leave. =/ I'm in the next placement for 4 months, so that'll be nice, and I am far more confident in my role as a teacher, so I shall hopefully start off strong. ^_^

I feel like I kicked major arse on both of my interviews this week (I had one yesterday and one today)...I'm not the overly confident type at ALL, but I feel good about my interviews. I walked away with a good impression of both of the unit managers, and I'm actually really excited about the thought of possibly working the job I interviewed for today. :melody:

I made THE BEST egg in the hole. ever. (an egg in the hole is where you cut a circle in a slice of bread, set it on a buttered pan and crack an egg (from a chicken, of course) inside the toast. I think the secret is low heat and slow cooking.

MMMM :cookie:

I finally made it to 1,000 posts! After November 26th, I'll be an official veteran member! XD Can't wait. But anyway, this is such a big achievement because I did it having only played 1 FF game completely through, and with limited knowledge on others. So I had to get most of my posts in Costa Del Rioooooooooooo

*reviving thread because why the fuck not? Forum is dead anyway."

Waking up at a reasonable time was my achievement of the day. Fuck everything else. Not only that, but I'm actually outside! In public! Omg!

Finally catching up on all the sleep I lost over the last few days. Basically an 11 hour nap. I really accomplished nothing but I'm holding this one up there with the bigger achievements this summer.

I've managed to get fit and healthy in a very short space of time. I have always been quite interested in exercise and stuff, but I do tend to go through phases with it. When my girlfriend and I got together we would go out for meals, a lot. Coupled with lifts to work thanks to her (I've always walked everywhere, school, Uni, work...) I managed to reach an all time high in terms of body weight. I'm 6'4, but 17 stones is a lot more than I'd like to be.

So, 9 weeks and two days ago, I made a whole manner of changes. All drinks have been replaced with water (lots of) and green tea. I haven't had chips/fries, crisps, chocolate, biscuits, pizza in that time. I'm eating lean foods like pasta, brown rice, salmon, chicken breast. I am maintaining an active exercise plan, involving strength training and cardio.

I have managed two lose 2 stones so far, while adding muscle and just being generally healthier, fitter and happier. All kinds of things have changed. My skin is softer, I sleep better, I never have heartburn, I don't sweat and feel uncomfortable in hot weather.

I just went to my first job interview, and being very shy made it so hard. But I made it! I was hesitant, but as I frequently think about death (not in morbid way ok? Perhaps I'm just a closeted Goth), the phrase "memento mori" came up to mind, and I realized it's just a simple interview, and that it was too little to make me worried the way i was.

All the girls were very nice, even though they didn't looked that way at first, and I could speak clearly and with confidence. It's just a grocery store, but it's a very important step to me. This post really can't describe how good and confident I'm feeling at the moment, really.

I finished making my (for the moment) Tumblr background, complete with Shield and purple everywhere, and bright patches of light. I also finished my playlist on my profile, which only took all day and a half. So now who every visits will get to hear *some* of my favorite songs ever. It's an achievement. It's fucking done. I no longer have to deal with it.

Today I secured quite a lot of work translating German and Russian in the banking and insurance sectors. This is a huge step for me because I've not dealt with much translating in the finance sector before. Having received my first task at 6 this morning I have just finished and sent it off. I am very pleased with it and am very proud of myself :)

I always try and set myself goals to keep me focused... otherwise I'm all over the place :gonk:

I guess I had two main accomplishments today:

1. Started my job applications
2. Cleaned my room. :argh:

but yet... I still feel stressed :sad2:

I finally dug out all of my DVDs that were boxed away in the shed (after our move to my parents) and took photos of everything I want to sell.

I can't believe the crap I've bought. Half of the DVD's were never even opened!

I have a friend who wants me to send her photos of everything I've found so far so she can go through them and see what she and her family wants. Hopefully she takes a big chunk!

Not only will it remove at least three boxes from the shed that we won't have to cart with us again when we do move, it will also give me back some of the money I wasted on the damn things!

I have more boxes of DVD's and TV shows in the shed somewhere still too. As I was going through the boxes I noticed that I was missing at least five sets of TV shows.

I just need to sell them quickly before I get all attached to them again. >.<

I got in a pretty decent cardio exercise for the first time in a while. I didn't go as long as I had planned, being short by about 10 minutes, but the good news is I'm gonna do it tomorrow. And the day after that and the day after that and so on until I get rid of this squish I've accumulated on my torso in the last couple of months. But I shall succeed. :gonk:

I have not achieved it yet, but will be soon. I am planning to have one bolw of oats for dinner and nothing more to loose weight.

Back