Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Just nosying around the 'what are you currently playing' threads made me notice that some people like play several games at once, I will occassionally say Im playing 2 games but I'm predominantly (right word??) only ever playing the one

I can't get into several games at once, I have got CC on hold while I play FFV which I am only happy with doing because I have completed it once. There's no way I could start another game (especially an RPG anyway) and play it at the same time

I see people playing like VII, VIII & IX for example and Im like how can you do that and not get confused or lost or whatever?

Or am I just a weirdo that likes to play one game at a time? Unless I give up on V (which at the moment it's really beginning to hack me off) I won't be able to play anyhting else, and if I DO give up and go back I will have to restart the game :gasp:

Yep, I'm in the same boat as you.

Whenever I try to play two games at once, I get lost so easily. I'm now trying to play FF9, Okami and War of the Lions at the same time, but its not going to well :elmo:

Yeah, FF9 is getting the most attention, followed by WoTL (which is about half an hour a day) and played Okami about 2 days ago :gasp:

If you're a weirdo than I must be too. :gasp: I don't like playing more than one game at a time. It gets too confusing for me because I like to concentrate on just one. I don't wanna get the two mixed up when it comes to wondering which of my characters it was that needed healing before I saved, etc... Or I'll end up neglecting one game and playing the other religiously. So no, one game at a time for me thanks. I guess I'm just funny like that. :wacky:

I have to agree; if I play game, I only focus on that one particular game. If I switch to another one, it's 'cause I gave up on the last one. And anyways, one at a time seems the best way to me -_-

And also, I have a hard time playing a game file that's like 6 months old after playing different games; almost always I end up deleting the file, even if I made a lot of progress and just start over >_<

Technically, I currently have about 20+ games I'm going through, but all but maybe 5 or so are on the backburner (the older the further back, it seems)...Recently, I've tried to relegate this list by focusing on a select few and only having one of a certain type at a time...

Currently, for example, I've got 1 RPG (Pokémon Crystal), 1 SRPG (Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone), & 1...uh...other...? It's Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorny (I guess it's sort of a game novel/puzzle game?)...I was also playing Mega Man ZX, but then I came across a baddie that was waaaaaaaay too tough (I'll either need to look up a strategy to beat him or find another energy tank to beat him, I think)...

My current rule is also that I must complete one of my current games before getting any new games because it's really gotten out of hand with how many I have yet to complete...All in different stages of progression as well...V_V Oh well, I can't complain too much because at least I've got games TO play, which is always nice.

I don't think it's any more or less difficult than reading more than 1 book at the same time, I guess? As long as the stories & characters aren't too similar, I can usually get along fine. But the more time that passes, the more I forget about w/e game/book I've put off and I'll end up wanting to start fresh, which can be frustrating...

Last edited:
I never knew there was confusion to be had in playing numerous games at once, I've never actually had a problem switching between games (even when it is a bit quickfire) I can even shuffle from an RPG to an action game to a fighting game without any problems. Guess because I play games so much I can easily adapt to the new games without any lost feelings, and any I do have end up going after a few minutes of play.

I probably have no life though. :neomon:

I can't play more than one game at any one time. :wacky:
I find it difficult to have the TV on and playing a game at the same time because I get easily distracted so it would be the same playing 2 games, as soon as one game got interesting or boring I'd start focusing on it too much and completely forget about the other game I am playing. >.<

I can play multiple games at once; when I had my PSP, I was constantly switching between Silent Hill 1 to FF9, to Metal Gear Solid 1, whilst also playing games on my PS2 and PS3. Although you don't get the full experience when playing more than one game. :/

Depends on the games that I'm trying to juggle at once. I wouldn't want to play more than one Final Fantasy game at a time. I could pull it off, but doing so would inhibit the experience of playing each game. Instead of focusing entirely on one game, I'd be dividing my attention among several.

On the other hand, I can play games like Gears of War, Halo 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl at once. My skill at one game may diminish slightly as I become used to playing another game, but it only takes me a few minutes to get back into the swing of things once I switch again.

I used to play one game at a time because of the simple fact that I would get lost if I played multiple games at a time. However, recently I found myself playing two-three games at the same time (like one day I'll KH2, then stop, and two days later I'll play another game on my PSP/DS, then stop, and so on and so on.) But like Mister Poop said, it depends on the game. If it's the FF series, I'll definitely concentrate on that one game. But if other RPGs or games like Nintendogs, then I may play two games at once.

I haven't been playing any games for the past three weeks now though, so I really must get back to it. xD

I don't really focus on any one game. I just play what ever I feel like playing at the time, so I'm like V. I've got a lot of different games on the list to beat:

Disgaea, Crisis Core, Phoenix Wright, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Chrono Trigger, and so-on and so forth.

I generally can't play more than one game at a time, especially if it's from the same series, But from time time to time I'll go on a gaming spree and play games from different series. I could never play more than one FF at a time, for example. And when I play more than one game at a time, one game will always get more attention. Right now it's Final Fantasy IX, lol.

I play alot of different type of games at a time, it keeps me from getting bored especially if ive already played through it once before.

Most games I've played at once is 27, most of them were RTS or RPG, but a couple were action/adventure or fighting. I won't name all of them. FF7, tekken 3 and Civilization 2 were 3 of the 13 that were PS1, and Chaos Legion, FF12, FFX-2 and Tekken Tag Tournament were a few others, and I never got confused. Not even once.

This is not bullshit.

I always play multiple games, 'cept when I really get into one, but that hasn't happened since my first play through of FFVIII.
Currently I'm playing Digimon: Digital Card Battle, Monster Rancher 2, MRBC Epi. II, Halo III, and FFVII again.

I usually play one at a time, I'll only play two games at a time if one of them is a sports game like FIFA or Rugby. I tried playing through MGS3 Snake Eater while playing through FFXII before, didn't work out, because I'd spend most of my time on just one, so ended up waiting until I finished MGS3, then restarted from the beginning on FXII.

I get wrapped up in the game I'm playing, not satisfied until it's finished, so find it difficult to play two storylined games in the same time period.

Playing Multiple Final Fantasies Simultaneously

Do you guys do it, or any other RPGs for that matter? Does it hinder your concentration from one game?

I can't find myself to play multiple RPGs at once. I feel I must embrace one at a time. It's not that I'd confuse myself playing two or three at a time, but it just feels weird. I havve to finish one before I move to another game.

Sure I do. Right now I'm playing KH2 and FFX. Mainly because FFX is starting to bore me, and I miss KH. It's nice to know you can swap over if you get stuck or bored, except then sometimes I forget where I'm meant to be going.

Sometimes. I like to play one at a time by now and again I'd like to play another for a while before going back to the other. Right now I got III DS, IV DS and V on the go.

I am playing crimsongem saga and FFVIII.playing them both keeps me preoccupied and allows me to never get bored of one for too long.but i do forget some aspects of each game from time to time

Back