XBox Eternal Sonata

The music is my favorite part of the game. I'm used to Sakuraba's rock style of music, but this caught me by surprise. Each track is done beautifully, I love Pyroxene of the Heart.

The battle system also very different than I'm used to. It's simple, yet fun.

Eternal Sonata...is a very awkward game. It's one that I should love to pieces, but I just can't get into it. The OST is second only to NieR's, the graphics are absolutely stunning, and the battle system, whilst not unique, is reminiscent of Valkyrie Profile, which tri-Crescendo also had a hand in, and happens to be one of my favourite PS2 games.

But...the story in this game is so UNBELIEVABLY DULL. Seriously, it's like FFIX all over again - a cast that is an unbalanced mixture of awful and awesome, and it's very difficult (read: damn near impossible) to empathise with any of these characters. A beautiful world, but nothing really goes on in it. It's not even remotely interesting, and for some reason that makes it so very, very hard for me to play for any sustained length of time. I love it, but I can't get into it.

I am on chapter IV I believe. I want to finish the game sometime. I was stuck on the pirate ship Dolce for quite awhile because I did not have any healing items. Once I went back to get healing items and grinded a bit, I kicked Dolce's arse. I have not played since mid June-July or so. I will finish it sometime hopefully. I am in the place right after the ship.. and I believe it is a snowland or something.

Back