FFI - Worth Getting?

Hahaha awesome post, as so true as well.

I liked it. Only thing I actually didn't like was how equipment and magic became so ridiculasly expensive so quickly, forcing you to fight masses of easy battles which then by the time you moved on, the game is too easy because you've levelled up too much...but hey thats just a nit-pick.

Heh that was basically a staple of all first gen rpg's. Every time you got to a new town, there was new equipment, which meant spending a couple hours outside that town killing monsters for cash for the new equipment. I hated, but yet I miss it so much =). Looking forward to getting both 1 and 2 for Christmas. I put it on my list for my wife to buy it for me=).

I'd say yes its worth getting mainly for the reason just to see how the series started out.

Of course this game is worth getting, it's the fantasy that started it all; a real must-have for any true fan of the FF series, if you ask me. Even if you aren't a hardcore Final Fantasy fan, it's still a true staple for anyone into video-games. A classic if I've ever seen one, in other words. Yeah, you could say that the story is lacking when compared to today's RPG's, but who plays ANY NES Game for the intricacy of its plot? Nobody, that's who. We play NES mainly because of nostalgia and the difficulty some of its games offered, and in my considered opinion, there's no game more nostalgic than the original Final Fantasy. Come on, it was one of the original sword-and-sorcery Console RPG's, not to mention the starting point for arguably the greatest video-game series ever conceived by mankind.

Besides, who doesn't enjoy playing as a bunch of archetypes once in a while? I agree that the characters were bland to the extreme, but isn't that one of the reasons why so many people go back for more? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a deep protagonist as much as the next guy. In fact, I thrive off of them. However, that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy returning to a simpler time every now and again to play as the typical "save the princess" knight and "woo mystical arts!" mage as they struggle against a guy who is evil for sake of being evil. FF1's simplicity, in other words, is my main reason for coming back.

Not to mention the replay value. I've got to say, for an NES Game, it sure takes a while to become dull. You could go for a basic Four-Man Party, do a No Class Change Run, a Solo, a No-Magic Run, a Low Level Run...the list goes on. That alone is enough to make me play through it again. FF1 was simply incredible. Even in our modern age of "spiffy graphics," bishounen, and brooding heroes, I would recommend it to ANY RPG Fan. This game is timeless, plain and simple.

...BUT, I strongly urge you to avoid Dawn of Souls like the plague.

It's definitely worth getting, I think the story line was actually very good despite the lack of personality the playable characters had

I'd say it is by far the best Final Fantasy till 6-7 in my opinion. The music score, the simplicity of the story line, the freedom of class choice. It is a must have to any Die hard fan.

Duke Nukem played this game while young. On a NES. In Japanese. (Okay, that last is a stretch.)

Real RPG gamers play FFI at some point. No F-ing question about it.

I can't say I enjoyed this game all that much. It's worth having just to complete your collection I guess but to be honest I just found it quite dull the story was ok; I like the whole crystal thing although the characters were poor as hell

The ending was a total dissapointment aswel

*well if it were me id get it cause im a final fantasy freak! haha :D just because of its classic features, i mean this is the game which evolved into one of the greatest games EVER! :)

*but if your not familiar with final fantasy games ,just curious and wanna play to try it i suggest you dont,cause youll probably be disappointed :)

I believe the game is worth buying if you are a serious final fantasy fan because it'll be good to see where the game started, but some part of it i am finding rather tedious i have to admit

Along with it being the first of one of the greatest video game franchises to hit the planet earth, it's a fun game. It's not too long, and not too short, and it's also not easy, but it's not hard, either!

It's a fun game, and I think any true FF fan would have it among their collection.

Dont listen to the people who are like "well is the first game, so its obviously going to be insanely good". I love classic games but i hated this one. Final fantasy 3 is the oldest i can bare (really like that one:)).

That the game is first in FF's isnt a reason why it should be good,but definately a game that should be played,because it is that what started it all and it's a really good game in my eyes.The mana system(in older versions) is really something new for Final Fantasy players,who have played other games but not this one,also its really cool and intresting.If you want something new then nowadays Final Fantasys,then FF I and/or FF II is definately the right thing to play.

I've never played a Final Fantasy game, but I still really like the series. My goal is to start, so I'm planning to get a NES so I could play the first game.

I just remember when this game first came out for NES, my bro was playing it and did not have a strategy guide. I picked it up and muscled my way through it. The transition from characters being young to old was definetly the most interesting thing, along with the boat and airship.

I miss this game. I would emulate it, but i'm afraid without a guide these days I wouldn't wanna waste brain cells in order to beat it again.

GETT IT!!!!!

DEFINETLY WORTH GETING NONE OF US WOULD BE ON THIS SITE IF IT WASNT FOR THIS GAME STARTIN EVERYTHING OFF SO EVERY TRUE FF FAN SHOULD PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!

final-fantasy-origins-1.jpg

I absolutely love this game. It is a solid RPG to me. There is no real character development, which was my only issue with the game. The gameplay is solid, that battle system is what you would expect it to be, and the storyline, though not deep, is good enough. I am actually going to start playing it right now...

I really enjoyed the game. It had a decent story-line and there were enough side-quests and such to give u at least 40 hours of gameplay, which is a lot for those games back then. I also have the PSP version, which has some extra quests and a whole new dungeon at the end, but i wont say much else because i dont want to spoil it. It's nice to see how Final Fantasy got its start, so i would reccomend it to anyone.

Back