12 "easy" resolutions for '12

I didnt read past a few sentences. It was alot of shite quite frankly.

My resolution is to have a better year than last year. Not that 2011 was bad, because it wasnt. It was great. But i think its a healthy target to aim for.

i scanned it and it sounds like a load of crap to me.

mark morford is obviously a fucking paedophile.

Very well, then. Do, pray tell, clarify which part of the article draws you to that conclusion. Specifics, please. And if you are going to present unsourced statements, it'd be good to use rational thoughts, not puerile name-calling, trolling, and overly shallow preconceptions.

'Stupidly easy resolutions' or just plain stupid? The guy is very blatantly trying to be funny and failing massively. All twelve of those resolutions are ridiculous and even he knows it.

sincerely?

you wont get specifics because as i just said i scanned the document. the stand out "resolutions" are just crap. but if you find humour in that then good on you. i dont. imo its a pointless article. if this is not good enough for you. im afraid thats just tough titties.

I think what finally broke him was what happened a few months ago, I was in the kitchen holding my face, and he asks, "ah sure jaysus laddy buck, what's wrong with cha a tall a tall, boyo"

I explained that I had been messing with my fringe and accidentally poked myself in the eye with it, which really hurt

what contradiction?

It's impossible to determine whether something is "a load of shite" if you only read the first few sentences. That contradiction.

'Stupidly easy resolutions' or just plain stupid? The guy is very blatantly trying to be funny and failing massively. All twelve of those resolutions are ridiculous and even he knows it.

The title puns in each section notwithstanding, I don't read it as comedy. I read it as a multilayered effort to achieve a higher degree of inner tranquility.

For instance, one can interpret "gentler grip" in the context of its title alone. One can also interpret it by actually reading the paragraph in question.

We all hold on far too tightly to the things we love, the things we hate, the personal stories we're so desperately convinced of, because if you let go of them, well, what's left?

It's a very true bit of commentary on human nature - a side of human nature that prevents people from achieving inner peace.

Who are you, really, without that car, spouse, haircut, job title, attitude, sneer, Facebook status, enemy, body issue, income level, family trauma, abusive relationship, broken heart, need for attention? Who are you when you soften the mad grip and realize the nature of consciousness is an ever fluxive cycle of expansion and contraction, over and over again, forever?

Is definitely something worth pondering. It's something worth stopping for a moment, evaluating who one is without those things people cling to so desperately, particularly given the "slippery slope" it approaches as people get more and more attached (detached?), and thinking critically about what that says about oneself as a person.

To be honest it sounds like you're the guy who actually wrote this article

It wasn't very exciting or captivating, and sounds like every other 'Be the best you that you can possibly be' article/book/show/dross out there

People who wait til new years to have a resolution or goals are dumb fuckers. No one ever goes through with it because you're just making the goal for the sake of making a goal :hmmm:

Also all those goals in that link where crapola :(

To be honest it sounds like you're the guy who actually wrote this article

I'm not, but thanks for the longshot assumption.

It wasn't very exciting or captivating, and sounds like every other 'Be the best you that you can possibly be' article/book/show/dross out there

It's not meant to be "exciting"; quite the opposite. It's meant to encourage people to become calmer, more peaceful, happier. It's meant to encourage self-reflection.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone here who isn't some shallow troll and who has actual discussions about anything?

Exciting writing means it excites you, gets a reaction out of you, it did none of this, it was very lifeless

I assumed you wrote it because I have no idea how anyone else would think so much of such a common and piece of writing

do you always take everything so literally?

If you mean "do I expect people to actually talk and have rational discussions about something (including specifics about what they don't like) instead of just trolling," then yes, I do.

I think everyone has said the same, it's just not much good

It is full of spirituality and lined with vague assertions

Mainly though it is the same thing hundreds of other authors write about and there is nothing new, dynamic, or interesting there

I think everyone has said the same, it's just not much good

It is full of spirituality and lined with vague assertions

Mainly though it is the same thing hundreds of other authors write about and there is nothing new, dynamic, or interesting there

Except the part where I don't remember saying it was new or asking about its writing style; I remember asking how many of these things people would try. If you have no intention of trying any of them and seeing how they affect your mood, why post at all?

As for the spirituality dimension, I don't see any of that. All I see is stuff about moods, thoughts, attitudes and feelings.

mal said:
in that case, you're a very naive person

Actually, I'm just a firm believer in the philosophy that when people say something, it should serve a purpose, i.e. be productive. It should serve some sort of goal, such as helping people get through something, furthering lucidity and consciousness, making people feel better about themselves, developing a deeper degree of understanding of the self and others, or just as acts of kindness and decency. There's nothing naive about any of that; it's called trying to deal with the people you have to share this planet and this life with, whether they treat you well or not. Trolling serves no purpose; it does nothing for anybody. Therefore, I don't see a reason for it.

I'm not, but thanks for the longshot assumption.

It's not meant to be "exciting"; quite the opposite. It's meant to encourage people to become calmer, more peaceful, happier. It's meant to encourage self-reflection.

Out of curiosity, is there anyone here who isn't some shallow troll and who has actual discussions about anything?

if you want a serious discussion try fucking off to a bar instead of hanging around a finaru fantaji website. you're not looking in the right place for the intellectually superior adults you seek.

He talks about life force and uses numerous Christian symbols

I will say what I damn well please about this article, you asked how many will I try, and how easy are they. So far you haven't acknowledged this either

I will be trying none of them as they are all vague ideas with no real substance and no clear meanings. It mentions true breathing,

And then there's other kind. There's being fully, exquisitely aware of how you're moving life force through your body, through your pores like it was vodka traversing the blood/brain barrier, like cocaine being passed around the Last Supper, like 1,000 naked angels wrapped around your body and they were squeezing you like a divine accordion made of sex and blood and really strange dreams. Choose wisely.

Which actually shows all my criticism in one nice paragraph

Back