[01/12] Archylte Steppe looks like Thunder Plains in this new FFXIII-2 screenshot and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

C i d

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
12012011_17.jpg

12012011_16.jpg

12012011_15.jpg

12012011_14.jpg

12012011_11.jpg

12012011_12.jpg

12012011_09.jpg

12012011_02.jpg

12012011_10.jpg

12012011_24.jpg

Source: RPG site
Check out the link for more screenshots

Lol will there be another lightning dodging minigame?
Chocolina looks...unique and sexy.
I love the looks of the towns and new archylte steppe.

:rofl:
I can't be the only person who completely mis-interpreted that...or did I? It's hard to tell from that outfit :ahmed:

The Live Trigger things looks awful...bland, boring decisions. They could at least have some Paragon/Renegade options or something. I want to have Serah kill Noel, or make a baby with Caius that then goes on to destroy the world, or...something. Something exciting. Something this game will almost definetely lack.

I don't think the fact that this game will look pretty was ever in dispute, though. Although the title does seem to suggest that they just plain copied Thunder Plains, and the first screenshot in particular suggests that as well...this is feeling more and more like FFX to me :hmmm:

I can't be the only person who completely mis-interpreted that...or did I? It's hard to tell from that outfit :ahmed:

The Live Trigger things looks awful...bland, boring decisions. They could at least have some Paragon/Renegade options or something. I want to have Serah kill Noel, or make a baby with Caius that then goes on to destroy the world, or...something. Something exciting. Something this game will almost definetely lack.

I don't think the fact that this game will look pretty was ever in dispute, though. Although the title does seem to suggest that they just plain copied Thunder Plains, and the first screenshot in particular suggests that as well...this is feeling more and more like FFX to me :hmmm:

Actually I made that title myself lol. I just felt that the first screenshot resembles thunder plains a lot.

Chocolina looks a little...exotic dancer-ish...doesn't she :wacky:

Anyways...the Archylte stepp looks very similar to the original one with a few additions...like thunder poles and a darker sky in some areas. I remember those stupid thunder wraiths that they show in the third pic quite well...among many other recycled monsters from the original XIII that they've shown already. ...but wait. They did add at least one cool thing to the monsters I know. Sunglasses on some of the Flans :wacky:

...and I'm sure they will offer a lot of weaker monsters for purchase after you don't even really need them because you will be at parts in the game when you are up against harder monsters..because I remember the monsters that you battle got harder at the Archylte step. The whole fun of "catching monsters" almost sounds a bit silly when you can just purchase them in a store anyways at some point.

It will be interesting to see if this game takes off or not when it's available. ...which, now that I think about it, is coming up pretty quickly :hmmm:

I can not be the only one who thinks those giant chocobos look similar to the shoopuffs in Final Fantasy X. Look, near the water and everything too! Even bird women need to be showing off their bodies and skin all the time? Well of course this is Japan we are talking about. Chocolina looks pretty terrible in my honest opinion. Who would have thought the shop girl would be some chocobo whore? :mokken: Yep, the beauty is all her's indeed. Why can we not just have a regular shop girl? xD. XIII-2 revolves around chocobos too much. Now, Caius is saying Noel contradicts the timeline and has every reason to eliminate him? Something tells me these two were comrades before. :hmph: The new Steppe does resemble thunder planes a little bit. I can definitely see that somehow. You can make the steppe and XIII Stormy by touching one of those cie'th stones as well. Nice to see a little bit of human life on the steppe, but why have the turtles not tore it down yet? Those things are dangerous.

Why is there a random prostitute in this game? You can order a prostitute in this game?! Fuck, I'm sold.

So Spira can sue Pulse for copying both the Calm Lands and the Thunder Plains? :jess:

If that were a bigass cannon instead, that would make an awesome minigame. Who cares about your stupid Chocobo races and all that.

FFXIII-2 will be a good game?! Hahahahaha. I will believe it when giant chickens fly.

= "Lightning's way too macho for you, sorry."
O = "Would you like to help me kill my bastard of a fiancee who still refuses to marry me even after 3 years and is evidently rubbish in bed?"
= "Can you please go away? I'm trying to fill out a form here to get another protagonist!"
X = "Can you please stop staring at my tits?"

...would be my option choices. :mokken:

I can not be the only one who thinks those giant chocobos look similar to the shoopuffs in Final Fantasy X. Look, near the water and everything too!

Yes you are. Giant chickens don't look anything like dinosaur elephants.

Odd, I assumed the chobobo woman would look more Nomadic, more covered from head to toe in a chocobo outfit, rather than stripperiffic :hmmm: well that's a poor alternative to what I was expecting :sad3: considering she travels through time with you, would be appropriate imo

Also, completely agree Olive-Ear, a minigame where you play fort defense with a giant cannon against Adamantoise would be badass :ohoho: I might even buy it :trollface:

Yes you are. Giant chickens don't look anything like dinosaur elephants.

No no no. Not look the same. I meant they are similar to the shoopuffs in terms of the scenery there. I know the difference between a giant chicken and a giant dinosaur elephant. :hmph:

LOL what a misleading title man. Why did you title it this way..its like you are acknowleding that FFXIII-2 is basically a mash up of FFXIII and many other ff titles like FF7 and now FFX and FFX-2.

lol I thought you were reallly positive about this sequal .. tell me are your opinions the same as in the beginning? :P

Also I dont think those lightning bolts even hit those conductors do they? :hmmm:

Cid Raines you shocked me with your thread title man :lew:

That outfit of Chocolina is too lame for words man..how can I take someone like that a serious professional business woman? WTF is up with that outfit that dont even remotely resemble a chocobo for God's Sake. THATS A PHOENIX OUTFIT!

God this game fails more and more when more info comes out.... :ffs:
Maybe I am overreacting.

Wow, that hell is that lady wearing o_O.

Graphics look beautiful as expected. The Live Trigger looks great. I don't know why some people think it sucks, well I guess it's just another reason to complain about the game. Not to single anyone out, but if you don't plan on getting the game or you think it's terrible and is a disgrace to SE, then why post on every single thread "I'm not buying this" or "Another terrible addition" "This feature is so stupid" or any other variant on how terrible you think this game is. Sure, it's your opinion and you are allowed to express it, but is it honestly necessary to say some of the things I just stated on EVERY single thread that contains news on XIII-2? I don't mean to sound b*tchy, it's just something I've been wondering about.

Thanks for the update.

Wow, this game looks stunning! There's so much attention to detail... You can't knock the workers at Square for their artistic eyes! :)

I am very much looking forward to exploring these areas. The first three images in particular suggest that it's going to be aesthetically varied and extremely interesting to explore! :D The general feel also seems a little different to Final Fantasy XIII. It'll be great to see how the world has developed since the events in FFXIII!

The giant chocobos do look a bit silly, though... WORSE are more wacky than the shoopuffs in Final Fantasy X! o_O

The little red monster reminds me of Pokemon... It looks a TINY bit like Plusle... xD

Wow, this game looks stunning! There's so much attention to detail... You can't knock the workers at Square for their artistic eyes! :)

I am very much looking forward to exploring these areas. The first three images in particular suggest that it's going to be aesthetically varied and extremely interesting to explore! :D The general feel also seems a little different to Final Fantasy XIII. It'll be great to see how the world has developed since the events in FFXIII!

The giant chocobos do look a bit silly, though... WORSE are more wacky than the shoopuffs in Final Fantasy X! o_O

The little red monster reminds me of Pokemon... It looks a TINY bit like Plusle... xD

The little red monster is Cait Sith :P

Ohri-Jin
My opinion has always been the same. I am always positive about the game. I just thought having allusions to previous FF titles is a good thing. That's not agreeable to everyone, but to me, FF is all about change AND throwbacks here and there.

I didn't think the first one did well enough to even warrant a sequel. Maybe I overlooked how well it did financially or the haters were just louder than the actual fans of the game back when the first one was still new. Though with the additional of Versus XIII it looks like this is getting its very own compilation which makes me wonder, is Square Enix trying to make this the next Final Fantasy VII or what?

I didn't really care for the first one that much so not sure if I'll check this one out upon release. Maybe a rental like I did with the last game if I have the extra cash to burn just to see if it improves from the first one.

I didn't think the first one did well enough to even warrant a sequel. Maybe I overlooked how well it did financially or the haters were just louder than the actual fans of the game back when the first one was still new.

Believe it or not, Final Fantasy XIII is actually the fastest selling game of the series yet, regardless of the fact that it's received quite a bit of negative feedback. While I'm a bit fuzzy with statistics, I imagine it's reached 7 million worldwide at least by now. So financially, yes, it does make sense to make a sequel.

Then again, Final Fantasy as a name sells on its own anyway. Advertise it a bit and you can easily make it to the high millions. :dave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back