Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Basically i want a Yiazmat killing machine of a team, not sure what jobs to give my characters, been through once and made use of each job, but i am not bothered about this now i am ready for a second rather belated run through and can't remember the jobs and what was good haha. i dont care if everyone has the same jobs i just want the best over powered team so i can kick some butt

So what did everyone else go for, pro's/cons etc.

I've only played the IZJS on the PS2 (which won't allow you to hybrid classes) but I remember any jobs that have the 'stat breaks', trivialise all the end game bosses. Yiazmat ends up doing 2/10ths of his original damage once you use Shear, Addle etc.

As for the jobs, I went for Hunter, Uhlan, Knight, Black Mage, Monk and Samurai. The Monk and Knight have mid/end-game healing (use potions before then), Black Mage is insanely strong - often dealing 10-40k+ of damage with the -ga spells (oil). Uhlan for breaks and high damage. Samurai and Hunter for high combos end game. I suppose you could swap one of them for a White Mage if you really want to....but its honestly unnecessary.

The only cons to this team would be difficulty healing, no Hastega or Dispel spells (although you can get both via Mote, the latter can be bought), very late game Protectga/Shellga and limited against flying enemies.

Reactions: Shu
I could be wrong, since I haven't gotten the chance to play through ZA yet, but my brother got the Platinum, and I was there for a lot of the harder stuff. Anyway, I'm fairly certain most of the super bosses and such were nerfed for the IZJS and ZA versions, so that you can't easily plan yourself into a corner. So at very least I can pretty safely say you shouldn't have to worry about screwing up to the point of needing to restart :D

After reading the above posts does it really not matter what jobs you pick?

I've just got penelo in my party and my first instinct after getting my first party member was to make them a white mage as obviously a healer is always useful. But surely some characters are better at certain jobs based on their base stats. The only problem is at level 2 there isn't much variation in stats between her and my main character.

She does have slightly more MP so white mage does seem a logical choice.

Back