Your favorite location

SapphireStar

♥ FFF's Matt Bellamy Pervert ♥
Veteran
Gil
You battle in every single area of this game lol. But which is your fav in general?

Mine would have to be Nautilus, City of Dreams. Reminded me alot of Deling City mixed with The Golden Saucer! I loved the bright colours and the damn cute animals on display. Plus the parade was amazing and my fav summon Carbuncle was present XD

Plus I loved Vanille's reaction to the cute animals:
"Look at these wooly lil' things, I just wanna SQUEEEEEEEZ THEM TILL THEY pop!!"

I was in stitches larking. Plus Sazh has a connection to Nautilus and he seemed more at ease there. Heres a video on it, but dont watch unless you are past Chapter 8!!!

Whats yours?

Last edited:
I'm still on Chapter 7 and I'm bored of Palumpolum after about two and a half hours. My favourite place so far I suppose is the Sunleth Waterscape - not all of it, just the section before you encounter the weather-changing bubble things.

I like it because it's simply beautiful. SE have flexed their graphical muscles on this area. I love the view you get when you'e proceeding downhill towards those Scalebeasts (I hate them though).

there are two places i really loved in FF XIII.. one is the Sunleth Waterscape because.. the view was just.. WOW!. I really like that part.. its just too beautiful to look at.. and the music, love it.. but I fell asleep for almost 2 hrs.. the only thing I hated is the weather changing device..
the second place i like is the Archylte Steppe.. it reminded me of the Calm Lands from FFX...

Have to agree with Nautilus and Lindblum. One of my favorites was also the Whitewoods and the Forest area (cant recall the name)... in chapter 6.

The Central Expanse is breathtakingliy beautiful. I'm in love with it.

Absolutely Central Expanse on Final Fantasy XIII, it's so immensively awesome place!

Let's try and put a bit more effort into the posts here everyone. This is a post count section. It would be nice to see a few reasons why you like the places that you do. Thanks. :)

My favorite was the beggining and middle of sunleth waterscape because they were soooo pretty!!! i love going back to an old save and running around there. also because you get to run around as vanille that part.BUT I HATE THE BOSS BATTLE!!! :gasp:
Im still stuck on it :(

Oh by far chapter 11 in the plains. It was just a beautiful place. I could have had a picnic in front of my 60 inch tv when being there.

Call me strange, but I love Oerba. It's beautiful with all that crystal dust. If it wasn't infested with Cie'th, it would be even more breathtaking. ^ ^ Of course, I would have loved to see it when it was actually inhabited, but I don't think it would be as great as it is ruined~~

Eh, I would like to say Nautilus 'cause that was a really epic place, but Gran Pulse just edges out barely. :hmmm:

I like how large everything feels in Gran Pulse and even though it's literally incredibly dangerous I can see the beauty in the varied landscapes that dot the place.

My favourite location so far is Nautilus (so far means I've literally only just left that place).

It's a shame you can't go on any of the rides in the amusement park, or do any side-quests or mini-games there at all. They missed such a golden opportunity there. Sure that's already been done with the Gold Saucer in FFVII, but that doesn't mean that we can't have fun in another theme park since they decided to add one anwyway.

Regardless I enjoyed running around in there, even if that was all you could do. The carnival was great... It reminded me a lot of the show Fantasmic at MGM in Disney World (and a lot of things there) only magnified x1000 in terms of technology and wow-factor. Those Carbuncle discs were great.

The chocobo ranch with the sheep was great to see, even though you couldn't do anything there.

Last edited:
I have been very anxious to get to Gran Pulse, and am to Chapter 9 so far, stuck at that Barthandelus boss, the evil old fart... xP And I don't have any Phoenix Downs. <.<

Anyways, so far my favourite place is by far The Sunleth Waterscape. Love the sights, love the music (favourite song from the entire game so far as I've reached, and can't see that changing. Heck, I got the lyrics. :D). Beautiful place to behold, and accompanied by a song that manages to be both very catchy and pretty.

I did manage to take down a Scalebeast there, btw. >.>

My favourite place was Oerba village, I really liked the apocalyptic look of the place and all the little traces of life you could examine. Great atmosphere, great visuals, smashing location.

My favourite place was Oerba village, I really liked the apocalyptic look of the place and all the little traces of life you could examine. Great atmosphere, great visuals, smashing location.
I too like Oerba, for the reasons you listed. The place is just so eerie...

Oerba. It's completely rubble, but yet it's somehow beautiful. Like an organized mess or something, I suppose. Maybe it's the way the sunset looks. Yeah, that's probably it.

Still, I love Oerba. Vampires are up there for my favorite enemies, so that just helps.

My favorite area is the Yaschas Massif. I really liked the landscape there, especially the ruins of the buildings. To me, the buildings looked like the modern buildings of today, and it just gave the area this mysterious and lonely feeling. I also really liked the music here too!

I'll have to say Nautilus. I'll have to agree that the lack of riding and minigames, but it still had a stunning atmoshere.

Back