You may call me "V"

Dean Winchester

Keeping you alive by killing what's in the Dark...
Veteran
Gil
Due to the fact that I watched the movie, again, I am in a "V" mood, hence why I made a signature and avatar.

Now I would like to see your opinion:

V-for-Vendetta-Signature.jpg

I like the avatar, it looks quite cool. But I'm not a huge fan of the sig, I think it's a tad blank =/

Blank like...there isn't much going on in the background, just a huge blob of black and then some red. I like the scanlines in it though, and the overall sig is nice =]

The avatar is good, but the sig is... meh.
The font looks kind of cheesy, so I'd recommend either downloading some good fonts on a font website like dafont.com, or eliminating it from the tag. The tag looks a bit too dark and simple. Instead of taking patterns and manipulating them in photoshop, use a C4D. Gradients are also helpful. The elements in the tag are too spread apart. Don't put stuff on opposite sides and leave the middle empty. But you also don't want to make it too crowded. You also don't want to crop only the head in the tag. You'd want to show the shoulders and then place the image somewhere near the middle. You'll also learn a lot by reading tutorials. ACF's GFX section has some good ones.

Hope that helps ~ :neomon:

It's definitely better. Me personally, I'm not really a fan of scanlines, but that kinda works. But the middle part still needs something going on...although I can also understand if others think it's fine the way it is. It may clash with the V logo, and you probably don't want that.

So, I say it's fine. xD

It's definitely better. Me personally, I'm not really a fan of scanlines, but that kinda works. But the middle part still needs something going on...although I can also understand if others think it's fine the way it is. It may clash with the V logo, and you probably don't want that.

So, I say it's fine. xD

Thanks, I could try to add something as "Remember, Remember, the fifth of November..." In red text on the V logo. The text would be small and in red. How about that?

I wouldn't really know how to improve it. Honestly (and brutally :S) I would say start over. Sorry...

Spend more time thinking about composition. Without good composition you won't make a really good sig no matter how good it is in other respects. Also, its probably better if you only have one focal for now. Multiple focals can be very effective, but only if you get it exactly right.

I know it applies mostly to much larger stuff, if you apply rule of thirds to a sig, it should also help.

Well I guess it's better to taste the bitter truth than sweet lies. Thanks for being honest. I guess I should discard this one.

I'll come back later on, as soon as I find a way to make a better signature.

!!! Already sooo much better. I'm not sure about the text. I'm not a fan of fancy fonts (or text at all to be honest).

However it is looking a lot better. I already mentioned I actually didn't like the text, but the way you've positioned it in correspondence to the arm is excellent, it really shows thought (and stuff like flow blah blah), so well done. It's just better in general ;)

Much better, Julius! I'm lovin' the color theme and style. The text seems alright to me and fine where it is since the angle do correspond with the image (mainly the arm stretched out like that).

Back