Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Andre the Adamantoise
Zell
FFXIV
Ilyena Frost
FFXIV Server
Lamia
So with the announcement that we'll be moving to XF2 a bit sooner than we had planned, we have a really important task at hand: picking a new skin! Seriously, we want the site to still look pretty. We will also be contacting the pixelexit team to find out about banner support and we'll update once we have more information. For now, I am linking the available XF2 skins. Feel free to try out the demos as well.

https://pixelexit.com/products/omni.32/ - Omni

https://pixelexit.com/products/apex.10/ - Apex

https://pixelexit.com/products/core.1/ - Core

https://pixelexit.com/xf2demo/?theme=Edge - Edge

https://pixelexit.com/products/fusion-gamer.2/ - Fusion Gamer

https://pixelexit.com/products/flat-awesome.25/ - Flat Awesome

https://pixelexit.com/products/blackened-pro.17/ - Blackened Pro

Omni. Please for the love of god. It's smooth, it's compact. It has a nice header that won't overwhelm people or look too busy. It's also a pretty easy customization skin, too. At least it looks like it to me. If i stumbled across a forum with that skin, I would def sign up and feel more at ease. nothing is worse than a forum with a bad skin. and like i said, this one doesn't make me feel like i'm on a early 2000s board

Also, I appreciate the chance to vote, but I don't feel like the average forum-goer really has the best opinion to decide this sort of thing. It should be made by the graphics team or the admins. I've asked people for my blog for their graphical input and (i love em) but it's just not the best decision to go with usually.

either way, y'all better for omni. :mokken:

Omni. Please for the love of god. It's smooth, it's compact. It has a nice header that won't overwhelm people or look too busy. It's also a pretty easy customization skin, too. At least it looks like it to me. If i stumbled across a forum with that skin, I would def sign up and feel more at ease. nothing is worse than a forum with a bad skin. and like i said, this one doesn't make me feel like i'm on a early 2000s board

Also, I appreciate the chance to vote, but I don't feel like the average forum-goer really has the best opinion to decide this sort of thing. It should be made by the graphics team or the admins. I've asked people for my blog for their graphical input and (i love em) but it's just not the best decision to go with usually.

either way, y'all better for omni. :mokken:

Lol! Yeeeeeeees. Someone finally agrees on Omni! :sad3: Such haters.

I love Omni too! Gorgeous skin. Fusion Gamer is a second choice for me.

Regardless, I rather have something that's compatible with site banners, so if it ends up being a different skin and it has compatibility I'm happy either way. :D

I liked the fusion gamer one more, looked nice easy to navigate and also melded colors well to help make things stand out.

I liked the fusion gamer one more, looked nice easy to navigate and also melded colors well to help make things stand out.

Colours are most likely customizable for all skins, remember that. :lew: Not trying to persuade :ahmed: Just saying.

Well too bad, I already voted and ya not getting me to change my vote. Besides why you giving me grief woman when it was your second pick at least :mokken:

Flat is justice! ... or something like that.

AHEM! Yeah, FlatAwesome has pretty much had my vote on this from day 1. There's a reason gradients and chrome are a last-decade design trend. Minimalism can be overdone (underdone? Looking at you, Google) but FlatAwesome keeps the variety while still being very clean-feeling and visually distinct, which is ideal for attracting visitors.

aright. i may, hypothetically speaking, give you my gil or whatever if you just choose omni :ahmed:

I voted for core because I think it's the prettiest.

And we all know MY opinion matters the most ever in the world ever.

I like Flat Awesome a lot. Looks very modern and fresh :hmm:

I voted for Omni last night but on second thought I probably should have waited, haha. OH WELL. Both are nice

Omni (Mist). Look at that black, white and teal fondant colour combination. After a bit demoing I conclude it's objectively the best one and anyone who disagrees with me gets a Chun Li kick to the face by Tami.

Apparently I'm missing something, which isn't surprising in the least, lol. But they all look more or less the same to me. With that in mind, and the fact that they're apparently NOT the same, the most I can say is that I like the color scheme of Apex.

GOD, just seeing a new skin is making me excited to be back here! Are you guys going to customize it to have FF themed buttons and whatnot?

Reactions: Six
GOD, just seeing a new skin is making me excited to be back here! Are you guys going to customize it to have FF themed buttons and whatnot?

I’m sure we’ll be editing the skin once we get the one we’re actually “going for”. This is a temporary one after all.

Super excited too, Cali. I can’t wait for things to fall into place and get active again with some of you guys! ❤️

So, while the Xenforo Dark is meant to be temporary, I think a few also likes it so it can actually stay. We don't have to stick with just one skin, after all. =] I personally like it, but I know a handful of you would like to see Omni (Mist) in action too so if you guys still want that, no problem! Just please state your interest here. :P

Been playing around with color themes for the Xenforo dark. Is the Califonia Poppy (yellow-orange) too bright? What about the teal version? That was added recently this morning.

Feedback always welcome.

Personally still would like either Fusion Gamer or Omni Mist added.

The main Shades of Grey: Californian poppy looks a lot better now.
Teal could still use some improvements when it comes to the actual teal colour itself. I'm thinking a little bit more to the blue/teal side of things.

We're heading into the right direction, that's for sure. :D

I think Omni Mist is the best one. Fusion Gamer is ok but its just not as good imo.

@Lord Golbez - Would it be alright if we get the Omni Mist? The current one we are using is a default Xenforo skin (dark) and although we’d like to keep it, the additional skin would be a huge welcome if that’s okay. But if it’s something you’d rather wait on, that’s understandable too since we do have other mods we need for the site. I’ll leave it to you to decide.

I don’t mind pitching it on for the skin. The offer still stands. :P

Last edited:
Back