Serious Worried about my grandmother

SapphireStar

♥ FFF's Matt Bellamy Pervert ♥
Veteran
Gil
K, my nana has a mole on the back of her right shoulder blade and also one further down. She said its itchy and shes going to get in touch with the doctors tommorow ASAP and get an appointment sorted.

We're both worried as my aunt had cervical cancer, luckly she had it removed and has been fine *touch wood* since. I cant bear to lose my grandmother, shes the most important person in my life and I hope they are just normal moles, not something dangerous.

Has anyone experinced this? Are they just moles? I dont know what to think, I cant stop worrying.

Regardless, she's found these moles and gotten them checked out early.These often turn out to be infected moles or harmless cysts and are no danger. However, even if thi turns out to be something more, she's caught it early, and that means a hell of a lot. Think positive. These often turn out to be something harmless.

I and my mother have found moles on our bodies that have just turned out to be cysts, easily removed, even though lung and cervical caner runs in the family.

They are both small and black moles. No jokes please. Although my nana is making a song up about a mole living on her back, as in animal. Least shes keeping us smiling and laughing. It maybe nothing, but regular moles.

Moles are nothing to worry about, now if there was swelling around the mole, then you need to go in ASAP. Is there any swelling (or a lump) around the moles?

No, they dont look like that hun. Ive only seen from a distance, and they just looked smooth and flat if that makes sense. And I cant see any swelling. I may just be getting OTT with this matter. But at least shes making an appointment in the morning, so get it sorted.

Well, does one side look different than the other? Is there a border irregularity, Color variation (two or three different colors in the same mole, such as black, brown, red, or white), is the Diameter over 6mm (pencil eraser), is there Elevation (raised above the skin surface), and is there Growth (noticeable increase in size)?

I know that's a lot of questions. But to ease your worry I need to ask.

Thanks hun, I do appriciate it. I cant really see a border, its just black. And yes the same as a pencil eraser. No elevation or growth, but I only seen them today.

Its a circle, no blood. Its a flat, smooth (looks anyhoo), small, black mole. Thanks hun. I think and hope its just a normal mole, cause they look like other moles Ive seen on people I know. Thanks hun.

Because she's an older woman, it could just be age spots. Basically just discoloration of the skin that isn't harmful to ones health. There are a lot of things it could be, and most things will not be harmful to her health, but you are doing the right thing by having it checked out just in case.

I suppose I can't really give you any more than that. I'm not a doctor and I know nothing about moles or the like. But I'd say the chances are good that it's not harmful.

They are both small and black moles. No jokes please. Although my nana is making a song up about a mole living on her back, as in animal. Least shes keeping us smiling and laughing. It maybe nothing, but regular moles.

Well, it is good that she's trying to stay lighthearted about it, she sounds like a really cool person ^_^ I honestly don't know very much about moles, only that if they change size or shape then you do need to pay attention to them. But I think doctors can usually sort them out pretty easily, so hopefully it will turn out to be nothing. Anyway I hope everything's okay and that you get good news after she goes there :)

Lol, she is Gamingway. Love her so much. Well she went to the docs this afternoon and he has assigned her to get the moles removed, which Im happy about. But then she was due for a hair appointment and before I asked anymore, she was out the door! But before she basically ran out of the house she said she was ok!

One of them is underneath her bra strap and has gone crusty and raised, but I think thats cause her bra strap is rubbing on it and making it worse. The other is in the middle of her back, but its not affected by rubbing from clothing, thats just a plain black mole. Me being OTT as usual.

So hopefully we've got nothing to worry about. But thank you guys. Its been helpful and its helped me calm down <3

Back