L

Iller than Radiation
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ellen Stone
FFXIV Server
Adamantoise
do they discourage you to stop swearing within the vicinity of the internets? They don't stop me. Even if something is censored, I'll say it anyway, because I don't care much for censoring at all. It kind of makes me laugh to myself at how many sites actually have word filters, despite the fact that the series they're based on contains plenty, or a reasonable amount of cursing. It's just fucking ironic, you know. :wacky:

I actually once visited a site that changed your curses into images, but I continued cursing, just to take the piss until I got banned. xD

Gawd, I play PSU and that has bloody filters its fucks me right off. I cant say ''put a'' without it coming out as %&&!#$ yet it accepts ''wanking'' & ''fucking'' When I used to play PSO yu couldnt even say ''saturday'' without all the stupid symbols coming up because it had the word turd in it >_< is totally pointless because theres always a way round it anyways

Gawd, I play PSU and that has bloody filters its fucks me right off. I cant say ''put a'' without it coming out as %&&!#$ yet it accepts ''wanking'' & ''fucking'' When I used to play PSO yu couldnt even say ''saturday'' without all the stupid symbols coming up because it had the word turd in it >_< is totally pointless because theres always a way round it anyways

Hahaha, what the fuck? xD

Is PSU/PSO is something Playstation related? :wacky:

Lmao@the saturday filter.
Although... if you find other ways to express yourself, rather than use profanities, it never becomes a problem (excluding the stupid 'turd' filter, for example, Rofl)

Its Phantasy Star Universe, Pso was on the dreamcast and PSU is on the PS2/PC/XBox. The caps filter is fucking gay. There are so many words you cant use it's beyond a joke. Even PMS is counted as swearing :wacky:

Its Phantasy Star Universe, Pso was on the dreamcast and PSU is on the PS2/PC/XBox. The caps filter is fucking gay. There are so many words you cant use it's beyond a joke. Even PMS is counted as swearing :wacky:

Oh, so that be another reason not to buy the shitty game, aside from the fact you can't shoot a flying boss character with a gun. :P

But that really is sad, that you couldn't even say Turd or PMS. I bet you they probably censored urine and feces as well. Not to mention ass, shit, whore, bastard, and most indefinitely fuck. The best swears evar. :wacky:

Fuck is censored but fucked and fucking arent. Same with wank & wanker. Bloody stupid. ''Put a'' is definately the most annoying and if you leave gaps between your l e t t e r s it couns that as swearing to :wacky: Im pretty sure ''bin'' is censored too

Word filters don't stop me from saying what I please. If I'm bored enough, I might look for ways to say what I want without having it censored.

Runescape has a pretty solid word filtering system. You can't say anything on that damn game. Many of the people you play with are choir boys. I got reported several times for using inappropriate language. What the fuck? Oh, shit...don't crucify me and my foul mouth.

Word filters don't stop me from saying what I please. If I'm bored enough, I might look for ways to say what I want without having it censored.

Runescape has a pretty solid word filtering system. You can't say anything on that damn game. Many of the people you play with are choir boys. I got reported several times for using inappropriate language. What the fuck? Oh, shit...don't crucify me and my foul mouth.

runescape? Terrible game, you need an intervention my friend.

Word filters are annoying when they filter normal words for reasons you don't understand. I guess they're dirty in other languages.

Aslong as the words aren't used offensively then why do people give a damn about swearing? It's especially annoying when a forum or whatever has an age limit anyway, yet you still get the stupidest of words filtered out. I've seen 'poo' filtered out before. o_O Besides, everyone knows or can guess what you are meaning to say anyway...

@ Bambi: That's pretty ridiculous that PMS was filtered out, I bet it was a man who did that...

Runescape is oddly amusing! I just walk around and cut down trees and make fires. Oh, and I cook rat meat.

Your Xbox Live motto is pretty restrictive. I couldn't use the word, "puke," in my motto.

If a word filter is user, I'll try to avoid using the words, because if people don't want to see swearing on their forum then fair doos, it's their choice. But, if I disagree with said word filter, or the words they filter out, I'll continue to use them as normal. It's pathetic how they try to censor people anyway :oy:

Last forum I was at had a filter for racial slurs, I guess that makes sense. Of course, I could only talk about eating crackers if I was eating more than one, since cracker was censored.

lolol, cracker can hardly be considered a racial slur. The way I see it, something can only be a racial slur if it's actually offensive.

The problem that lies within censoring the word "cracker" is that it, in no way represents the white man, and has nowhere near as much impact as the word "******", and is ironically is rooted from the word "negro", which means black.

Zomg, filter cracker so I can't say im in ur kitchin eatin ur cracker wif sum peenut buttah. I don't think there's a single word that could be classified as offensive to the white man that represents their race.

I feel like I could argue with anyone about how stupid their word filters they put in place are today. :monster:

I've never been to a site that filtered words. ACF I think tried it once but it failed big time, and I think was meant for more of a joke. I don't curse that much anyway so it's not like it will affect me so much

I dont mind word filters since most of the time they are there to protect the younger population of a forum/game. I rather like the funny word censors like one of EOFF forums which replaces fuck with "Smurf" and shit with 4 skulls. Ahhh good times :D

Back