KHII Without Disney or Final Fantasy

AddleBoy

Invader from the Bottom of the Sea!
Veteran
Gil
I have really enjoyed playing both of the KH games, but I was wondering if KH would have been better without Disney and Final Fantasy characters. I know that they were important aspects of the game, but some of the Disney worlds felt like a waste of time. And even though I really liked to fight along side or fight with some of my favorite FF characters, they weren't really needed. I guess what I am trying to ask is if you think the game would be better only using all original characters (like Sora, Kairi, and Riku) and worlds replacing the Disney and FF ones.

I agree Lunairetic here. That's what makes KH...well, KH. ^_^ If we replace the Disney and FF characters and world, then it'll totally be a whole new game, environment, and storyline.

I like the game just fine. Don't think it needs to be changed at all.

Mitsuki is right, Disney characters make up a HUGE part of KH, and without them, the game wouldn't be as original as it is right now.

It would not be a KH game without Disney or Final Fantasy it would be just wrong without it to

The sole reason I bought KH was BECAUSE of the Disney characters. I ended up loving the FF characters just as much, and am starting to get more interested in them.

I love the game just as it is, I think it fits nicely together :)

I'll admit when I first started playing it i felt a little childish and sorta stupid, but once the plot develops and you get used to the characters, then you don't really mind, and FF characters are just cool.

Both the Final Fantasy characters and the Disney characters are much too important in the game and it would not work without one or the other.

i remember seeing my cuzzin play this and laughed at him lol.. then he said try it and. got hooked even with the disney characters .. and have always been a ff man so that made much sweeter of course but one without the other maybe it could work if you lean on more ff looking characters... or not even just more serious looking characters like in the ending movie of kh2 they looked hardcore... was exciting

You get rid of either it isnt Kingdom Hearts without Disney characters I wouldnt have played it probably and without Final Fantasy characters I wouldnt be here right now it wouldnt be the same

The game would lose it's... persona, for a lack of words here. If the game had different worlds and no characters, it would need a different plot, different envorments... and lose a lot of fans along the way.

I agree. And it's high time that we Disney fans had a game that wasn't geared for the primary-school kids.

The KH series was a definitive success for Square. I don't think anyone could have predicted how well it has done. But there's a lot of us that are not surprised.

And the disney characters are what give this game its personality. If they were gone, the game would bomb. Even the interface is the best that it can be. That's why it changed so little between KH and KHII. When KHIII comes out, I know I'll be right there to get my hands on one of the first copies I can.

I agree. And it's high time that we Disney fans had a game that wasn't geared for the primary-school kids.

The KH series was a definitive success for Square. I don't think anyone could have predicted how well it has done. But there's a lot of us that are not surprised.

And the disney characters are what give this game its personality. If they were gone, the game would bomb. Even the interface is the best that it can be. That's why it changed so little between KH and KHII. When KHIII comes out, I know I'll be right there to get my hands on one of the first copies I can.

Thats a Ditto on every word LITERALLY I MEAN IT

Without Disney or Final Fantasy, this wouldn't really be KH now, would it?
I mean, yeah, I felt that some worlds were unnecessary but then again, the joy of just fighting alongside Disney characters is just awesome, in my opinion.
Besides, I like going to the various Disney worlds, it gives me an insight into the game as a whole.

i think that its fine the way it is, it just wouldnt be kingdom hearts without the disney or the ff characters

KH wouldnt work without Disney characters but maybe without FF characters. We see alot more Disney characters thant FF ones and most of them do nothing important.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I have to agree with...um...Pineapplenipple:blink:. Disney is the crux of Kingdom Hearts (more so with KH than KHII, however), whereas the Final Fantasy characters are the proverbial icing on the cake. Basically, I imagine it was a ploy to draw Square's FF fans to the franchise, but it worked amazingly well regardless.

Back