Who still plays?

Abstract Debauchery

High Mage of Loathing
Veteran
Gil
If I recall correctly, a lot of you were on some other server that was inferior to Balmung.
But probably has a better economy than us.
With the latest update I got to wondering who all here was still playing. If you are, what are you up to these days? Did any of you manage to make it through Final Coil yet? How about that World of Darkness? What's your ilvl? Game is pretty baller and I'm enjoying RPing and raiding in it. What are your thoughts on the story so far? Looking forward to dat expansion?

These days I'm still rolling with me BLM at ilvl 114 and rising. I'm just now starting to get into Coil all late and shit, but am doing rather well regardless. The story is pretty neat, but nothing too great to write home about, but I think they're setting it up to be something nice. As for the expansion, I'm looking forward to DAT DX11 AND BIG ASS MAPS WITH MACHINIST AND FLYING MOUNTS. Fucking hell, shit looks great as fuck.

i got to turn 4 of coil but then i never resubbed after early sept so havent played since, i do wanna go back, but i know il be bored again after a week :/

I think the most I've gotten to is t1 of Second Coil. You should give it another go if you've got the time. So much shit has been added since then. Hell, even if it's only for a month, a few sheckles can net you a good time.

Now that I've said that, that can easily mean renting out a hooker. :hmmm:

So basically, if you ever find yourself picking between hookers and blow or a month of FFXIV, a month of FFXIV might be a good bet yo.

i'll have to weigh those options up hahahahaha

dont think i can afford to at the mo anyway, got a recurring WoW sub and im not playing that either, il just get bollocked for wasting more money :lew:

He's actually right, I was massively impressed with how much they've added. I quit when the pre 2.3 patch came out...when they added sightseeing, but it was quite 2.3 yet.

Primary was a 98 WHM, but I was focusing on three starring all my crafts before I quit. Got a bit side tracked with that. I haven't hit coil yet, but it's on the to do list.

Last edited:
Sightseeing is a pain. :jtc:

I've just renewed a couple of days ago for no real reason, but with my spotty internet, I'm a little afraid to run any of the endgame dungeons or trials at the moment. My highest is an ilvl 68-ish Summoner, though I've been thinking of ditching it for Scholar as a main. At the very least if I can slowly arm up my Scholar, I can hopefully be semi-ready for the expansion when we have access to the Astrologian job.

I'm horrendously behind on the content, but I'm not too fussed at the moment. There's a small catalogue of things I have to do first, like acquiring something as basic as Swiftcast. I have to say, I did not miss these DPS duty finder waiting times.

I'd love to still play, but man my backlog of games wanting to be played extends farther and farther the busier I get...and they don't come with a subscription fee. Unfortunately that sort of kills FFXIV for me. Only way I can play is to block out a month where I know I can dedicate enough time to make it worth it. If not for that there'd be the odd days I could hop in for a couple hours, they're just too unpredictable and sporadic for me to keep a constant-running sub. Hopefully I'll get around to the PS4 demo and sneak in a couple free weeks. Already used up my trial time on Steam, and got maybe 2 hours out of it--that was dumb of me.

Anywho, I've had the game well over a year now and still haven't gotten to level 50 on any class. Too easily distracted :P I like to try everything the game has to offer and in the end I don't do much grinding up levels on any one thing. Last I played I was level 48 though, almost 49 I think, so I'm getting there. All the new content I'm missing looks great, too. I'll have to get back in sometime.

sightseeing was introduced just as i left, it sounded like a pain

Well hello guys...it seems Im the only one still playing avidly lol.

I started as BLM but my main is whm now.

ilvls:
WHM 123
BLM 119
PLD 112

I cap my poetics almost every week.
Managed to clear t9 4 times now. t10 attempt was a bust. I couldnt hear my static on teamspeak at all for some reason. I joined an outside fc static because my FC used to be so huge , but has been shifting people and inactives so much its a shame... I met the coolest people.I suppose most (hopefully) will come back when the expansion hits.

My goal lately has been to get the Kirin mount. I have 4 ponies out of the 6 needed. I just need the Ramuh pony Markab and Shiva's pony, but its taking ages obviously.
Harlequin Im still waiting for you to transfer to Cerberus!

YOU ARE NOT STEALING MY TANK D:<

Thomas the Tank engine will remain on Lamia. It is you who needs to transfer and play with us instead!

Also, hello, Ohri <3 We have missed you.

YOU ARE NOT STEALING MY TANK D:<

Thomas the Tank engine will remain on Lamia. It is you who needs to transfer and play with us instead!

Also, hello, Ohri <3 We have missed you.

Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guys please consider transferring to Cerberus! You have a spot there! We on teamspeakeruu all the time and shit!
Im part of the True Kings (privileges hehe)
Missed you guys too, I know real life can be a bitch sometimes, but when Tom tells me you guys dont play tht often anymore it gives me a sad face :(

Well hello guys...it seems Im the only one still playing avidly lol.

I started as BLM but my main is whm now.

ilvls:
WHM 123
BLM 119
PLD 112

I cap my poetics almost every week.
Managed to clear t9 4 times now. t10 attempt was a bust. I couldnt hear my static on teamspeak at all for some reason. I joined an outside fc static because my FC used to be so huge , but has been shifting people and inactives so much its a shame... I met the coolest people.I suppose most (hopefully) will come back when the expansion hits.

My goal lately has been to get the Kirin mount. I have 4 ponies out of the 6 needed. I just need the Ramuh pony Markab and Shiva's pony, but its taking ages obviously.
@Harlequin Im still waiting for you to transfer to Cerberus!

Dennis my brother how u been? yeah man we've got a good group going on Lamia u should join us if ur FC is dying. I'm putting in mad hours right now man getting all my crafts to 50 shits real. I'm hyped for the expansion too man so I'll be going for some time. I haven't even touched coil yet I get the impression u need a dedicated group all on teamspeak etc, I'm a TT addict though, I'm trying to get 60 cards for tomorrow's tournament, I've got 58 so far but the last few are crazy drop rates Gaius van Baelsar is a bitttch man. Ranked 15th on server last time I checked!! Next tournament ill be going for top 3 but some of the guys I spoke to on the leaderboards think the top guys boosted their results...

Anyway yeah man u should think about a transfer if u can it would be sickkk have my good friend Dennis playing.

Dennis my brother how u been? yeah man we've got a good group going on Lamia u should join us if ur FC is dying. I'm putting in mad hours right now man getting all my crafts to 50 shits real. I'm hyped for the expansion too man so I'll be going for some time. I haven't even touched coil yet I get the impression u need a dedicated group all on teamspeak etc, I'm a TT addict though, I'm trying to get 60 cards for tomorrow's tournament, I've got 58 so far but the last few are crazy drop rates Gaius van Baelsar is a bitttch man. Ranked 15th on server last time I checked!! Next tournament ill be going for top 3 but some of the guys I spoke to on the leaderboards think the top guys boosted their results...

Anyway yeah man u should think about a transfer if u can it would be sickkk have my good friend Dennis playing.

Man I wish you guys could transfer instead lol. I met some amazing people that have been playing with me since I joined the fc Clash Of Kings.
We have been through a lot. Progressing ever since.

I havent done any crafting way too lazy for tht ahaha.
That Kirin mount man omg. I have 58 as well but yeah its damn hard getting the last few. My fc fella Vivi Longshadow always has that mad luck bro. He be getting Gaius, Raubahn like few tries even Hildibrand card that took me like 2 days of grinding.

Cerberus that server that hosts a lot of UK players, Aussies, Frenchies, Germans, dutchies and even Americans here and there. I adore this server its vivid and alive. ;p

I took a small break this weekend and didnt tell my static haha they be mad doing t10 trying to find a replacement. I hope they didnt clear it in my absence.

EDIT:
Yes you can boost. Some dude in my fc did it with the help of my fc leader haha. I did not rank top 20 myself pfff 11 won out of the 15 matches about 1200 points. Well done bro!

Man I wish you guys could transfer instead lol. I met some amazing people that have been playing with me since I joined the fc Clash Of Kings.
We have been through a lot. Progressing ever since.

I havent done any crafting way too lazy for tht ahaha.
That Kirin mount man omg. I have 58 as well but yeah its damn hard getting the last few. My fc fella Vivi Longshadow always has that mad luck bro. He be getting Gaius, Raubahn like few tries even Hildibrand card that took me like 2 days of grinding.

Cerberus that server that hosts a lot of UK players, Aussies, Frenchies, Germans, dutchies and even Americans here and there. I adore this server its vivid and alive. ;p

I took a small break this weekend and didnt tell my static haha they be mad doing t10 trying to find a replacement. I hope they didnt clear it in my absence.

EDIT:
Yes you can boost. Some dude in my fc did it with the help of my fc leader haha. I did not rank top 20 myself pfff 11 won out of the 15 matches about 1200 points. Well done bro!

I know what you mean man, the problem with transferring though is all that investment goes to waste. We'll have to see though you never know. I only won 8 of 15 but got 1391 points, the trick is to play tougher opponents even if u draw u can gain more points in some cases.

I know what you mean man, the problem with transferring though is all that investment goes to waste. We'll have to see though you never know. I only won 8 of 15 but got 1391 points, the trick is to play tougher opponents even if u draw u can gain more points in some cases.

Also never ask for a rematch. I did that couple times dumb mistake. :lew:
If you transfer all your investment goes to waste? Really? wtf thats unbelievable. I didnt know that bro...

Also never ask for a rematch. I did that couple times dumb mistake. :lew:
If you transfer all your investment goes to waste? Really? wtf thats unbelievable. I didnt know that bro...

No u keep all ur inventory, currency etc but FC stuff. We have our own house and a chest full of HQ mats. You can only take what you can carry with you :wacky: we're a small group but I kinda like it that way you know?

EDIT also yeah I rematched a few times too luckily I realised before I wasted too many games :lew:

No u keep all ur inventory, currency etc but FC stuff. We have our own house and a chest full of HQ mats. You can only take what you can carry with you :wacky: we're a small group but I kinda like it that way you know?

EDIT also yeah I rematched a few times too luckily I realised before I wasted too many games :lew:

I see oh then you wont like our fc at all then. About 315 members total and peak days about 60 online average. ;p It used to be more.. I miss some guys but thats life.

And 9 million Gil in the FC chest. Don't forget the Gil. More will be added soon.

I finally returned after six months break. Actually I didn't think I was going to return to the world of Eorzea for a long time (if at all) since I got burned out around August of last year. At the time it was only me and Tom around too, so there really wasn't much to do except craft / mine for darksteel and nugget ores (which required keeping tabs on game time and waiting before I can log/mine, etc.) and watch the Market Board. I did a few dungeons with few people I met through linkshells, but it wasn't the same.

So I took advantage of the free login with much prodding from Kira...and I almost gave up again. xD Let's just say, it was frustrating as hell trying to get back into the groove. I had to do a lot of reading on other sites about rotations for my classes, which skills goes best with which, etc. I'm slowly getting the hang of it again.

@Ohri-Jin How about making an alt on Lamia then? Sure you probably won't be around much, but at least you'll be able to chill with us from time to time. We do need extra hands in case a few of us goes inactive for a few weeks/months. And what's teamspeak? Voicechat? Is that mandatory...?

I wasn't sure if I was going to sub again anytime soon. I was thinking around April before the expansion comes out, but then I figured...I'm gonna forget some of the stuff I had to re-learn again. =/ So, might as well use this time to catch up on story if I'm gonna touch that expansion anyway.

---

Edit: Actually there was one time I almost signed up again (couple months ago) because I had a dream some random person in our FC had leadership (since all of us were inactive) transferred to him and took all our Gil and HQ materials. I remember texting Kira about it.

See, that would be my only thing. A lot of work was put into that FC chest. It was mainly the one thing that kept me playing because I find contributing so much fun.

^ Yeah, roll an alt for when you just want to mess around. No big commitment to anything. Not a bad idea.

@Mitsuki Teamspeak is like Skype, but with a dedicated room so people can drop in/out at will. Lots of raids have VOIP of some kind mandatory in order to communicate easily. Very common for end-game MMOs, hardcore players and the like.

we're a small group but I kinda like it that way you know?

This. Actually I realized the importance of not recruiting random players we don't know in-game. With the way leadership transfer works in FC, a random player can take off with our HQ mats and Gil if leadership is auto-transferred while all of us are inactive. That would be devastating...

Not to say that it will happen with randoms, but we can't rule out that possibility. I've heard stories about that happening in many FCs.

@Ethics - Ah, I getcha. Figured that was it then.

Back