What Magic to choose?

albajos

Ex-Soldier
Gil
As you know there are more magics in the game, than a character can carry, so what magics do you choose? Do you divide different magics to different characters? Do you upgrade and delete all fire, thunder and blizzard magics to their highest states? (or do you keep all states so that you can be immune to those magics)

I was very annoyed when I realised this, since I didn't want to throw away magic I've spent a great deal of time drawing. And I didn't know what to get rid of since it could come useful later.

At least there are som magics that is the best in junctioning your character to the best stats, but these can't really be used since that weakens the same stats.

So the choice is easy if you don't use magic, but that means losing out of a great part of the game.

Power vs. usefulness is the question here.

For the record is these magics the most useful in statbuilding:
Ultima (all except Spd and Hit)
Full-life (HP/Vit/Spr)
Meteor (Str)
Triple (Spd/Hit)
Aura (Luck)
Meteor (HP)
Meltdown (Vit)
Pain (Mag)
Reflect (Spr)
Haste (Spd)
Tornado (Eva)

so 11 magics junctioned on 9 stats.

But still there is 21 spaces left (I think you can draw a total of 32 a character)

So the real question is which 18 should be left out, since there is a total of 50?

10 magics can be upgraded but is also useful for junction so you can be immune to those.
1 can be replaced Life -> Full-Life.
Apocalypse may only be useable in the last battle, so that spot can also be freed.

You can replace Meltdown with Doomtrain. This summon also gives enemies Vit 0 which is the same as Meltdown.

You can get 100 deaths, it will make you immune to death. This is most useful when fighting Omega Weapon since the first thing he cast is Level 5 death. Most likely your characters are level 100 by the time you fight Omega Weapon I presume.

As for Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, it wouldn't hurt getting 100 of those. There are a few bosses in Ultimecia's castle. Other element spell....Water, Quake, Bio, and Tornado.

Useful spells - Curaga, dispel, esuna, float, haste, scan, protect, shell, regen, double, triple. Most useful out of those are haste, curaga, dispel and esuna. Scan is pretty useful but just have it on one character.

I dont know, I have a habit of trying to aquire all magic... though this game limiting what you can draw sucked... plus not knowing that there are limited monsters/bosses you can draw certain magics from, and the whole drawing summons from them too... I lost to many chances at magic and summons because I really just didnt know...

Aggrivated me to no end...

Unfortunately you will always have to get rid of magic but there are certain magics that every character should have:

Ultima, Meteor, Full-Life, Triple, Meltdown, Haste, Pain, Curaga, Flare, Esuna, Tornado, Quake, Silence, Blind, Berserk, Bio and Death

These magics that i listed are very good for junctioning especially Blind, Pain,Berserk, Silence, Bio and Death in the Magic Defense Junction.

Well, it obviously depends on your character’s levels as to what type of magic is available and when, but here’s the magic I’ve found to be the most useful - casting and jucntioning.

Firaga
Blizzaga
Thundaga
Bio
Water
Zombie
Confuse
Demi
Holy
Flare
Quake
Tornado
Ultima
Curaga
Full Life
Aura - Limit Break Can Be Used More Often (One of my favorites).
Triple
Sleep
Meltdown - Causes Enemies Vitality To = 0 (Another one of my favorites).
Scan
Full Cure

Of course, everyone has their own strategy and style of play as well as juctioning techniques. However, when talking with most, it usually comes down to personal preferences in magic used.

Get all the magic with the 'aga' suffix, the status (and status curing) magic, and the stuff you can find on the Islands closest to Heaven and Hell. That's the stuff you want. If you want to get it all, then divvy it up between everyone. That way you can customize everyone's strengths and weaknesses, which can be both a blessing and a curse. =P

Back