Help What is Irvine’s most damaging ammo for his limit break?

lodgamer

Gil
Hi. I would like to hear your opinions on what is the best ammo to use for Irvine’s limit break. I have tried experimenting with him, but I haven’t had any luck figuring this out. I have tried using pulse ammo; while each shot causes 9999 damage, the load time is so slow that I can only shoot about 2 or 3 times. On top of that, the ingredients needed to make pulse ammo are very rare and hard to come by. I have once read somewhere that fast ammo is the best ammo to use for Irvine, so I tried that. While the loading time for this ammo is very quick and I can get many shots in, it causes very weak amount of damage(about 1000-2000 per shot).What do you guys think?

The pulse ammo is what I use. The recoil does slow down his shots, but the damage is great. The fast shots dont get enough damage done, even with the amount of time and the speed of the shots. The pulse ammo is stongest in my opinion.

I'll shift this over to the FFVIII Help Booth, please remember, each FF has a help booth section for questions like these :yay:

-Thread Moved-

Also, I would have went with Pulse Ammo as well, since I think it's the hardest to obtain, and is a component for Squall's Ultimate Weapon.

When your luck reaches 90+, I believe Fast Ammo outweighs Pulse Ammo in damage over time. But for the main game, Pulse Ammo is better. (though difficult to obtain)

When your luck reaches 90+, I believe Fast Ammo outweighs Pulse Ammo in damage over time. But for the main game, Pulse Ammo is better. (though difficult to obtain)
This pretty much. If you get Irvine strong enough, quick ammo does more damage than pulse ammo. Obviously not per shot but over the time that you have for his Limit breaks. I can't remember, but meltdown will probably make quick ammo do even more damage, whereas pulse ammo can't do more as it does 9999.

The best would be the one that does a canister shot, and pulse (pulse is really to valiable to waste), also fast shot is perfect if you max his strength with some spell at 100 quake or tornado. I forgot what I used in my strength slot. also use strength 60% 40% etc. that will make each shot that much more powerful. so rapidfire can do ultimate damage if junctioned correctly

Back