What if they made an FF theme park?

Valvalis

THE BROODWICH CANNOT BE DISASSEMBLED!!
Veteran
Gil
Hoping this is in the right section, but anyway...

If someone were to make an FF theme park, what should it be like?

What attractions, rides, and/or exhibits would you like to see there?

What merchandise would you like to be able to buy in the gift shops?

Should they make a park that featured all the FFs, just some of the FFs, or only one of them?

Thought this might be fun to think about, even though it might never happen. There are tons of things they could do with one, but some of the things I would like to see would be:

-A replica of the Lindblum districts and castle from FFIX that you could walk around in

-The Mt. Nibel reactor and test subject chamber from VII. For some reason, seeing that up close seems like it would be interesting--very creepy, but in a thrilling way :hmmm:

-Some sort of airship ride, of course :jess: Preferably in Setzer's Blackjack, but the Strahl would be nice too.

-Good quality posters for sale from IV, VI, and IX, and a crapload of T-shirts and babydoll tees with all different characters on them

-A live Blitzball tournament stage show, if there were some way for them to do it and make it look awesome :hmmm:

There are probably more, but what does everyone else think?

Hell yeah! :woot:

I used to dream about this all the time. :sad2:

Ideally I’d love it to be fairly large, and to have different worlds arranged by theme. Seeing how each game would probably require its own world if it were to be done like that, then perhaps they’d have to lay it out a different way.

I’d love to see a water rapids ride set at the Lethe rapids, with Ultros popping out of the water to squirt you. :awesome: Perhaps they could use fire during the ride too, and have Ultros scream “Yaaaaaoch! Seafood soup!”

I’d like to see performances of I Want to Be Your Canary (from FFIX) and the Maria and Draco opera (from FFVI). They could even put a performance of the play in FFVII too, as that was fairly comical and would be great for both kids and adults if the actors were over the top.

I’d love to see them create an animal park and call it The Veldt. Perhaps there could be a safari or something and you are driven around to look at the animals, but see a kid dressed like Gau acting like the animals among them. They’d have to figure out a way to make this safe for the kid, obviously. :D Perhaps they’d use a robot for Gau, but then it would also need to be safe for the animals. Tricky, and almost impossible, but it would be awesome to see.

I’d love to see Phantom Train as a sort of ghost train… However unlike most ghost trains (which have small carts for the passengers and the spooky stuff is outside of the track and inside a building), the spookiness would be within the train itself. Kind of like a walkthrough spooky train, but the train will be moving, and at times speeding up. That’ll be truly epic. :O It could also double as transport from one side of the park to the other, and could be either underground or kept in darkness somehow (tunnels or woodland) to give it the right atmosphere. (EDIT - That said, I wouldn't want it too spooky and lose the character of the train from the game. It would also need to have the humour seen in the game at the right moments, such as the dinner scene for example).

I’d suggest chocobo racing but sadly chocobos don’t exist. :sad2: I could see them still attempting it with a ride of some sorts though.

Another cool ride could perhaps take you through the void. Perhaps you can be either in a carriage which is designed to act as Gilgamesh, or you are there as a party to help Gilgamesh (or something), and you end up getting lost in the void. It could start with the FFV void locations, but then take the visitors on a whirlwind tour of some of the locations in other FF universes, hopping in and out of the void. It could be a rollercoaster of some sorts, but have fantastic visuals.

The gift shops should sell those potion drinks that keep being released but aren’t accessible to most people (though I’ve heard that they apparently taste like turtle, so I’m not sure if I want to try them :wacky:).

Other than that… Chocobo hats and moogle costumes, etc. The full lot. Figures of minor characters would be a treat too.
Should they make a park that featured all the FFs, just some of the FFs, or only one of them?
I’d say that it would only be fair to attempt to include something from all FFs, and therefore catering to everybody. If it was to fall too heavily on a few games (FFVII, X and XIII for example) then despite still enjoying some aspects of it I’ll just be irritated at the lack of anything else being there.

Last edited:
Ohmylorrd.

That would be amazing...I would love them to have a rollcoster with like.....Cloud's face on it xD

I have no idea how I would want it to be like, I'll repost when I think of something...but I know it would be very awesome.

gfgdfgd
Something epically huge in the form of one/all of the cities.

The roller coaster from Final Fantasy 7 =] Something involving Chocobo's for sure.
As you said some of the plays from the games would be awesome to watch!

Obviously I'd love to see some cute little Moogle and Chocobo cuddly toys, and some cos play costumes for those that are into that sort of thing.

All of them I think, make a few sections dedicated to each, this is assuming that square Enix would be to make it and have the money to do so!
fbdfbd

it should be somewhat like Gold saucer from FFVII a big complex place that has unique Rides,games,prizes

Hmm,for rides Id like to see a Chocobo Race Track that anyone could ride xD,games Id like to see a Cosplay Contest,Gunblade Kendo match type thing,or a Laguna fill the balloon game,and as mentioned before a Blitzball tournament((people can actually hold their breath like blitz players but all that tackling would cause problems)),as for exhibits Id like to see a Timeline of all the FF's and see their weapons on display

Moogle Pillows,Materia Jewelery,Mach up weapons from the Heros/Heroines,Clothing stores((Cosplay!!)),and possibly Anime/Manga's =o

I think could span it to like the FF's that actually would make good park stuff =o

I had thought of this idea a few days ago, before I read this thread. It was such an 'eureka moment'. I spent the whole day thinking and brainstorming about this. In fact, I am now working on the plan, map, rides, etc of an FF theme park. It's disneyland style where the worlds from the different titles are separated. Planning to include FF classics (I-V), VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII and XIII worlds. Going to post again when I have completed it.

Just a sneak peek on my FFVII world section of the park:

Final Fantasy VII world

The world consists of costa del sol, rocket town, gold saucer and midgar slums.

Outdoor BGM: Main Theme (Day). The Great Northern Cave (Night).

Costa del Sol

BGM: Costa del Sol

• Costa del Sol Beach – For normal beach recreation.

• Costa Bar (drinks and snacks)

Rocket town

BGM: Cid’s theme

• Cid Highwind’s Rocket Launch (Drop Tower) – A drop tower based on the rocket launch in the game. The rocket will suddenly plunge and rise randomly at high speed.

Gold Saucer

BGM: Gold Saucer

Unlike the real Gold Saucer, there is no cable car service. Guests can just enter through the lobby, which includes a lift that will bring guests to the central hall. In the central hall, guests can go to any of the squares through the tunnels.

• Round Square (Gondola ride) – The gondola goes around the FFVII world section of the park.

• Chocobo Square (Chocobo Racing) – The chocobos aren’t real, obviously. This ride is basically a small scale train ride with routes and sceneries mimicking the real chocobo racing. Guests can speed up or slow down their chocobos at will through a control button. Suited for children and families.

• Wonder Square (Arcade) – A replica of the real wonder square with arcade games similar to the original game. Various other common arcade games are also added.

• Ghost Square (Hotel) – Also a replica of the real ghost square with accommodations for guests.

• Event Square (Events and Shows) – Shows about FFVII are held here. For example, a play that depicts certain scenes in the game, FFVII cosplays, contests, etc.

• Speed Square (Roller Coaster) – Replica of the real speed square too, including shooters and targets. That is why this roller coaster is designed to be slow.

• Battle Square (Museum) – A museum displaying FFVII compilation monsters. A battle simulation is also available.

Midgar Slums

Main BGM: Underneath the Rotten Pizza

• Seventh Heaven (Restaurant) – Serving western-style dishes. Waiters are dressed like Tifa :D BGM: Tifa’s Theme

• Aerith’s Church – Just a replica of the church, but not really an attraction. Hired Aerith cosplayer will appear at certain timeslots. BGM: Aerith’s theme

• Wall Market (Shopping area) – Selling FFVII merchandise and other things. Similar map as the wall market from the game. BGM: Oppressed People

• Pillar Panic (Flying Fox) – Based on the event where Cloud and co climbed the support pillar, and then managed a narrow escape by a rope before the pillar was destroyed and the Midgar Plate fell. The attraction itself is a flying fox. Queue line requires guests to climb the pillar. Of course, height of pillar is not as tall as the real one and there is a lift for tired guests. The exit of the attraction is in Wall Market. BGM: Hurry!

I have also done a rough map of FFVII world. Going to upload later.

it should be somewhat like Gold saucer from FFVII a big complex place that has unique Rides,games,prizes

Agreed. Gold Saucer would be the perfect example. They should just recreate it. Dear god, thinking about this makes my head spin. At least there would finally be a place where VII fans and VIII fans can fight to the death of the best Final Fantasy.

The Battle Arena would be hard to recreate though. Unless they used VR. :hmmm:

asdfghjkl THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! But, I'd totally fangirl over it. And imagine if you could kick Cat Sith off his "stead".

Oooh, this is a cool idea.

- A huge park where all FF worlds come together, like gold saucer from FFVII
- Balamb garden from VIII
- Luca from FFX
etc.

Well if there is simply a boat ride it should be a Balamb garden boat XD
And a rollercoaster from the cloister of trials in FFX
Everything from gold saucer
Shows in the Luca stadion.
Something with an airship!
And the FF voice actors should make an appearance.

Moogles
chocobo's
those stuffed animals Lulu holds.
Potion drinks
Accessories from the FF's. Like necklaces and (ear) rings from famous FF characters.
Swords and guns (fake ones :P)

All of them. So all FF fans can go there.

They should name the park Gold Saucer and have roller coasters of epic proportion for each iconic summon. You can win points in the form of GP and turn them in for prizes, and when you are tired, you can rest at save points.
At random, things will come out the woodwork and 'attack' crowds. If you 'win' victory music blows through the park, and others on the other end will know a 'battle' ensued.
7th Heaven will require ID, for they sell hard liqour and the waitresses wear light gray shirts half their size with short shorts with suspenders and have wet shirt contests. Another place that sells subs and fries, called the 'Shinra Submarine', would be on the opposite side of it. :D
Oh yeah, and there would be a water park called the Lifestream and the water would have a greenish blue tint.

Back