FFX-2 What I Think That X-2 Should've Been

mrdaggoth

Ex-Soldier
Gil
In my opinion, Final Fantasy X-2 should've been a story based on Summoner Braska and his journey to defeating Sin and bringing the calm during his time period.

Imagine leveling up a sphere grid for Auron and Jecht while they were in your party! It'd be so cool :)
I've also wanted to dig deeper into the story behind Braska and younger Auron.
This is just an idea, and I don't mean to insult any fans of X-2.

Well I guess I should state Im a big fan of FFX-2 and its my Favorite FF of all time but dont worry the game gets flamed just as much as FFXIII and FFXIII-2 so im used to people and their hate.

Anyway personally I liked that it was a continuation of the story just from Yuna's perspective and we even get Pain. but thinking on your idea if I had to go through the game playing as lord braska with auron and jecht I would probably question why call it X-2 but having another game that deals with their journey Im all for it since I would becuriouto know more details about his journey and maybe they culd add a new character just for fun. but having X-2 be like that I have to disagree just because the title would be misleading and its dealing wit something in the past before the events of FFX and it for it to be called X-2 I would wanna see someting current. still a good idea for the FFX series if they wanna do something after the remake xD

Yeah Final Fantasy X-2 is fine just the way it is in Yuna's perspective like you say, I agree :) Maybe they could call Braska's story like Final Fantasy X 1/2? Hahaha it seems silly.

I wonder what extra character they would throw into Braska's party? Perhaps Cid- Yuna's father could acompany for some of the story lol its fun to think what could've been

Thinking about it even more now, Baska would be a stronger summoner than Yuna and looking at how powerful Auron and Jecht is....tha would be one heck of a party...now i want to see this game happen .__.

The extra character or if they added moe than one could give braska more guardians we didnt know about and for whatever reason they just wasnt recorded in the spheres. Hopefully we wouldnt have to do the trials to get the summons in braska's story (I really hated those puzzles)

Yes indeed, and the trials confused me a little when I played Final Fantasy X. Yuna doesn't go through the trial to obtain her summon, she's in a completely different area during that time that Tidus is solving the puzzle as the player. Were the trials meant for a security against invaders like Tidus?
If there was a Final Fantasy X 1/2, would Braska be the main character? Perhaps Jecht?

There are very many things I would debate over this topic.

Would Auron's sphere grid be the same as X?
Would Jecht act like Wakka in the battle system with his blitzball?
Did Jecht ever even play blitzball when he was with Braska?

:mitsuru: how foolish of me, I forgot they explain that...when the summoner is in the temple "praying or whatever" receiving the summon only the guardians are allowed inside right. So what happens if somebody comes in not allowed their should be a line of defense but its not its just the trial. the point im making is.... I think Yuna has to go through the trials as well,If I remember right thats the whole purpose of having the guardians go inside with her to keep her safe or whatever. So when Tidus comes in alone its dangerous sure but its just the trial....their should be monsters or something to get him out. Even after Tidus gets made a guardian they still do it so its just a big mess either way.

Hmmm I think Auron would have the same skills just cause he seems just as strong maybe stronger with 2 good arms instead of one and lots of Hp spheres xD Jecht using a blitzball most likey not just cause at the beginning of FFX when tidus and auron are fighting the sin spawns in zanarkand auron gives tidus a sword and he says "it was your fathers" so I assume jecht would use the same sword auron gave tidus and we may even see how jecht lost it cause i have to wonder whats auron doing with it or did jecht give it to him before he died and told him to give it to his son when sin comes? As for jecht playing blitzball I forgot at the beginning of the game didnt they talk about how jecht was a big deal before tidus and the zanarkand abes became popular? I dont remember so i might be wrong on that one.

I think what we got of the Braska, Auron and Jecht adventures was fine. There's little need to have a game dedicated to their pilgrimage when some additional Spheres can playback some of their hijinks and important moments, and when we pretty much roughly know what would become of them in the end. I'd have been up for some interactive flashback to the earlier days of the trio's adventures though.

What I think FFX-2 should have been? I get what the writers were trying to convey in terms of themes. The world's moved on, and people are adjusting themselves to it, trying to find their new place in life. You have those who are conservative in nature who want a slower and more pragmatic method of going forward (New Yevon), and those hippy radicals that like to be loud (The Youth League), as well as a generational gap at work in the factions' dynamic. The problem is, it's just odd that Spira has adjusted to the knowledge that the hegemonic world religion governing them for 1,000 years has turned out to be a corrupt lie all this time. Everyone seems surprisingly ho hum about that, and I would have liked to see some evidence of citizens developing psychological issues in coming to terms with all the revelations.

And some of the very goofy crap in the game wasn't needed. The fanservice stuff I would have booted out in a heartbeat, but I'm not representative of the game's main demographic. Even then, few can justify how awkward playing through the Leblanc massage sequence was, and I'm sure many were repelled by the utterly pointless concert opening scene. Why was Leblanc having a concert with Yuna's face? How does the garment grid do that?...

The only problem with having Braska's story told is that you already know it all. All the funny/memorable stuff Auron mentioned during X. Also, you know how it ends, and you know that they all die for nothing since Sin comes back.

True but the difference is being able to actually play through it instead of listening to it/watching it through spheres. And it opens up the oppurtunity to add stuff to his side of story and maybe even see things through braska's point of view not just auron's. Im sure Braska went through alot more things on his pilgramage that we know about. Another thing would also be for hardcore FFX fans this would be another game for them to enjoy and not just a remake.

It's more the ending really that's the problem. You actually got to see how their story ends. So...it kind of takes away from the incentive in a game if you've already seen the cutscene at the end of it.

It's more the ending really that's the problem. You actually got to see how their story ends. So...it kind of takes away from the incentive in a game if you've already seen the cutscene at the end of it.

That could be considered a big spoiler, i allready see alot of people not buying it just for that reason. To me its not really a big deal and I still wanna play through it. But theirs always people that it take like that or for whatever reason similar like that so they wont buy or they hate on the game just because of it.

Hmm...I guess that would've been interesting, too.

But what I think X-2 REALLY should have been was a more serious video game compared to what it turned out to be. I think the game should have picked up where it left off with Tidus leaving Yuna on the airship. I know that's a heavy place to pick up, but that's how serious I wish the game would have been because I believe then it would have been like another FFX or even greater. I, too, would have liked to see the psychological affect on Spira in finding out that everything that they were taught was a lie and watch to see how they grow out from there, as well as Yuna's own personal growth, instead of starting the game with her all happy and upbeat right away. I want to see how she coped with Tidus before becoming what she did and since she is the last summoner, I want to see her continued voyage as to how she went about helping the people or letting them know about the situation. With that kind of story, I can imagine boss fights and normal battles like how X was...I don't know. I just see a better story and final product if the game had gone that way. Also, I did not like Paine - too stereotypical of a character and her character along with her clothes revealed her obvious stereotypicalness. I would have just enjoyed watching Yuna, Rikku, Lulu, Wakka, and Kimari and maybe some other new characters, too, who would be useful and original like the original cast, unlike Paine (ugh, even her name makes her stereotypical character obvious...bleh!). Seeing Yuna give up her aeons, finding a new adventure...I don't mind keeping the whole 'finding Tidus' thing - I mean, I think it's obvious that's what the fans would want to see, but the game could have done a better job at doing it in a more serious way that makes it an equal to FFX or greater, like how the RPG "Shadow Hearts: Covenant" overshadowed it's first part (it was the sequel to the first SH); it did a great job in being a sequel and is a model for what every sequel should probably be.

Also, also, lol - I liked Yuna's new design, but Rikku's? UGH! (And Paine, but considering I want to leave her out of the story...) What was Nomura THINKING!? The design definitely should have been more serious, too. X-2 definitely should have had the same serious tone and depth of emotions that X had as well with it becoming lighter as Yuna becomes who she is in what turned out to be the X-2 we have now, without the effects of Rikku in her. Her character should have remained mature, but light hearted at the same time, not immature in a bit of a dumb sense. UGH! They just weren't thinking in general! It was like a fast shipment to just finally bring back Tidus again. *Throws hands up* -_-

I always liked the idea of a prequel. Jecht and Braska are both great characters, and while Auron is a great character, the younger version is whiny, cautious and "clean". It would have created a very interesting dynamic, and despite the fact we essentially would have known the ending, they could have taken us on all kinds of twists and turns.

ShadowStar Mila said:
Hmmm I think Auron would have the same skills just cause he seems just as strong maybe stronger with 2 good arms

I know it's irrelevant to this thread, but I thought I'd post this just for general interest. Auron's arm wasn't damaged in his fight with Yunalesca, and both of his arms are actually fine. Auron walks around with one arm out of his sleeve as a reference to the samurai. Leaving one arm out of its sleeve when not engaged in combat was a sign that said warrior had failed his master - which would make sense concerning Auron as he thought he had failed Braska, the man he considered his master.

I'd have enjoyed if X-2 had covered Braska's pilgrimage instead. It wouldn't have mattered to me that we know the outcome, I would just have enjoyed seeing more of Spira from other people's perspectives.

I think that would be an amazing idea for a future spin off regardless of how X-2 turned out, but as mentioned, I think the ending would take away from the game a bit, like how crisis core did, it was awesome playing as Zack. But through the whole story you KNOW whats going to happen to him and then when it does it's still as sad as you imagined, so you would get given so much more backstory and development for Jecht and Auron aswell as Braska... Just to get upset again!

nonetheless i would still play it if they ever did decide to develop this! :)

i think its a good idea, and they could add a more epic epilogue. star wars episode 3, did a good job giving a great epilogue.

Back