What did you think about the Gilgamesh Hunt

Davey Gaga

Under you like a G.U.Y.
Veteran
Gil
I thought that the latter battle was a tad more difficult but it was only because I was unprepared for the status changes that he could cause. Once I adjusted my Gambits, though, I was safe. I managed to do it in one battle but I was caught in a revival loop, for a while. The first battle was ridiculous, though most likely because of my high level.

I think he was only put in there for a bit of nostalgia for veteran games, more than anything.

By this time of the game I had my characters fairly souped up when facing enemies. I loved sitting back and watching Gilgamesh's humorous intro's each time as well as his take of leave in the end where he sneaks back in to grab his dropped fake Wyrm Hero Blade.

Overall, the battle was epic as he's a repeat appearance from previous Fantasies and the references made just by the swords he was wielding in the game from past main characters in FF games.

Dave, how very off topic off you

I moved your post from a thread that was in the help booth asking about the seer hunt, so I just created a new thread for it :wacky:

Although In hindsight, I should have editted the thread title before I did, although, if you read my post in there, you will see why I moved it

And uh, on topic ....>_>

I really quite liked the first part on the bridge, the whole scene before was really funny, it was just the second part, I almost died on my way down there and I never DID beat him. The arse -__-

The hunt was hard, it took me about a hour and a hlaf to beat the guy, maybe if i was more leveled i could of done better but it takes so long to level up in the game but other than that it was alright ;-;

i quite liked the hunt, i found it humerous and the second battle a little more challenging.

and like BustaMo said, i like how he is weildng weapons from past characters

i relli didnt like it, i thoguht i took too long to do and also when he kept running off annoyed the hell out of me, ok the old weapons were good touch but he was relli annoying, the last fight too ages for me to do but eventually i did it

I thought the fight was fun...all the past references with the swords and him sneaking back to take his sword back was funny

I found it to be one of the more entertaining hunts. I found the scenes quite humorous and the references to the old swords amusing. The fights themselves where quite fun actually, I know the second one gave me some trouble, but it was still enjoyable.

But what I liked most about this hunt was Gilgamesh's voice, his voice just seemed to fit his character perfectly. If I'm not mistaken Gilgamesh was done by the same voice actor who did Wakka and Kimahri not to mention Bender from Futurama.

I think I was disappointed by Gilgamesh's banter. But then I think at the time I was getting confused with Odin >_<

But by the time of the last fight I think I'd grown to him and did find him amusing. The battle wasn't too bad either as I'd just obtained Zodiark so I had to be hard for that!

I really loved this hunt the first time i played it. The gilgamesh theme from V made the battle a pleasure to fight.

Its awesome it shows the true face of the master swordsman gilgamesh jaja he is joyfull and deadly he is very easy to beat actually i got scared when i saw his weapons jaja they are great.

I thought the hunt was pretty fun and entertaining. The second half of the hunt was kinda hard. I mean im sitting here trying to steal the rest of his items and getting attacked for 2000 points of damage lol

Out of all the Final Fantasies, that battle was one of my all time favourites. Funny, tough, interesting and throwing in weapons from past Final Fantasies was just the icing on the cake

Best thing about this fight was when yuo beat him the second time and go to leave the run, then yu see him run back for his sword xD

I didn't struggle half as much as I did first time, so I was actually able to enjoy the fight rather than wish he'd shut up and get on with it - doing his dog off first made it a whole load easier aswel >_>

Best thing about this fight was when yuo beat him the second time and go to leave the run, then yu see him run back for his sword xD

That had me annoyed, after I beat him, I was running around the sword like crazy trying to pick it up anmd wondering why I couldn't get it. Then just left and seen him poke his head around and grab it. :omg:

You meet him again for the gone fishin' side quest to, in the Barheim Passage, where he gives you the Matamune, as he thought there was a legendary sword there, but it turned out to be a fishing rod. :D

That had me annoyed, after I beat him, I was running around the sword like crazy trying to pick it up anmd wondering why I couldn't get it. Then just left and seen him poke his head around and grab it.

I did that aswel xD, I was circling it for ages, then I jsut burst out laughing when I gave up and saw the scene after it

You meet him again for the gone fishin' side quest to, in the Barheim Passage, where he gives you the Matamune, as he thought there was a legendary sword there, but it turned out to be a fishing rod. :D

I just thought, oh nooo, not again :gasp:

The whole thing was really quite amusing

Been a while since i done it but i do remember the first battle being ridiculously easy and i went into battle with him again extremely confident. He was a helluva lot harder the second time round but i did manage first time. I think i remember only having ashe left and her mp was gone and her hp was at critical, and by luck the next blow she did finished him off.
It was a fun hunt seeing as it was gilgamesh, hes always popping up in places and its a laugh to see what his personality will be like, as its forever changing as the games advance.

goofie

Dang I was wanting to bring up the fishing part first. Does anyone know what it says on the Buster Sword? Its in Japanese and I can't read it.

Dang I was wanting to bring up the fishing part first. Does anyone know what it says on the Buster Sword? Its in Japanese and I can't read it.

More effort required & Keep on topic please, you can make a seperate thread to discuss Gilgamesh's swords ^^

We did actually have one, but I guess it's been archived D:

Back