[V1] What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently playing:

Octopath Traveller - A really solid classic JRPG! I love having 8 standalone stories to follow with party member and the battle system is good fun. The soundtrack is stunning and the voice acting works. I do however find the structure a bit repetitive. There aren't too many surprises when it comes to how each chapter plays. I'm making my way through the chapter 4s :).

Danganronpa V3 - I've played through this once before but it's good to replay. Lotsa killin' and bloodshed. This is also the game with some of the best twists imo. I'm just finishing chapter 3 :monocle:.

Spyro 1 (PS4) - Such a good upgrade to the original version. There's literally no reason for me to go back to the PS1 one now :). I've got my plat and I'm playing through a 2nd time now.

Resident Evil 2 (PS4) - Well ok, I haven't started this yet lol. I'll be starting it later today! I think I'm one of the rare resi fans that wouldn't call the original version of resi 2 my favourite of the series, but this is gonna be epic, I just know it ;).

I am currently playing Assassin's Creed Origin. I just finished the story, so now I am focusing on clearing the remaining quest that I have missed. I enjoy playing this game more than I did with Assassin's Creed Syndicate to be honest. The level system and the battle mechanics felt much better than it did in Syndicate. I always liked the Egypt and Greek culture, so that's why Assassin's Creed Origin is my favorite for now. I still haven't played Assassin's Creed Odyssey yet, so I can't give you my thoughts on it, but that will soon change once I get my hands on it.

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
I've not been familiar with the series (I don't really watch Anime in general (SORRY!)), but have put a lot of hours just trying to see if this game would be accessible - I don't want to walk into the game without understanding it due to a lack of context for the events of the series. The problem is the series is 152 Episodes long... From my understanding this game takes the story of the series but then takes it a completely different route with a new location, enemies etc. So it's taken some work to feel comfortable to begin the game itself!

I finished the first Chapter of the series (23 Episodes/ The Shin Saga) and noted that the games intro starts at the end of this event. So I think the game should be accessible by now, I've seen that even though they had the Battle with Shin at the start, they had the Devil Rebirth Battle a bit after (Which was set before The Shin Battle in the series). I'm sure the Lost Paradise story will jumble more canon events into the mix but with a brief introduction to watching the 1st chapter of the series, I think I can take this on.

I've only played a few hours so far but 3 hours in and I've only really just got access to the open world/city nature of the game. It has a very SLOW opening where you have to do generic fetch quests and helping NPC's outside the gate to the city. This was enough to put me off but once I got more into encounters I began to enjoy it more. The game plays very similar to Yakuza but the Anime aesthetic and intense gore factor make it unique - Having the gameplay break into animated segments where Kenshiro demolishes enemies with a stylish font and pause frame is very entertaining. I can see why the Yakuza team decided to adapt this, Yakuza's lead Kiryu feels very similar to FotNS's lead Kenshiro. I like what I have played so far and look forward to getting into the main game now after the initial opening has past.

Attachments

• 02.png
    02.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 257
I picked up Resident Evil 2's remake. I figured it would be a good little distraction from work and life's anxiety. Turns out it just caused more anxieties. Who'd have thunk.

I've been playing a lot of FF14, will especially pick up on Tuesday when the last story patch kicks in for this xpac.

Also been playing WoW (got a Dwarven Paladin (usually Retribution) that's at 112, working through the Legion storyline), and passively playing Super Mario 3D Land (Special World 4) and Pokemon Silver (Kanto region, Vermillion City). Sometimes play Apex Legend (Lifeline Main).

Finally found some time to get back into a couple of games! Yay!

I've been playing:

Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy - It's cute! And actually can be quite tricky because I've died in a few dungeons already ^^; But maybe that's just me rushing into things and not being cautious of enemies/traps.

Cuphead - The battles and stages are not too long but I find this hard! You have to learn each boss' attack patterns to be able to time things right and win. The graphics and music are really cool though!

I'm still currently playing through Final Fantasy V - It's been a long on & off process but still enjoying it overall.

I'm also playing Conan: Exiles on PS4, It's a 'Survival' genre game, which you start with pittance and proceed by utilising resources. Narrative is thin/objective based but the appeal is Online Co-op! I've had a great time playing with my friend online.

I also have been playing Dragon's Crown PRO on PS4 with my friend on Weekends - I played the original on PS3 but never did the post game content which is crammed full and by passes a lot of the Visual Novel story telling and gets into the real meat of the gameplay. Another great Co-op game I highly recommend!

Finished Lennus 2 (Might replay it bc it's got good replay value) and picked up a certain game called Kenshi.

I'm so in love with Kenshi right now that I've developed backstories and drama for my player-made characters. The really hard part is trying to resist writing a fancomic for it.

I am currently playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius on my tablet. I've been playing this game every day since I already finished playing both Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Assassin's Creed Origin on my PlayStation 4. I am trying to get my daily rewards as well try to continue with the story since it's been a while since the last time I played the main story. I've been doing some events in the past few months to obtain some valuable items and summoning tickets for future units. Now that I have added a few new units into my party, I can continue progressing with the game and enjoy the rest of the story.

I began playing Final Fantasy XV last month properly, after finishing Red Dead Redemption 2, but it has since been thrown to the side-lines for Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled. The online multiplayer and it's Pit Stop shop grinding for customisations takes up far too much of my time at the moment. FFXV will still be an ongoing project of sorts.

I’m actually trying to complete Grand Theft Auto 5 on Xbox One. I bought it probably 3 years ago and never got around to competing it. I’m maybe 1/3 of the way through it now, but I’m an Achievement Whore, so it’s been bugging me that I’ve only ever gotten 1 achievement done in the 3 years I’ve owned the game.

Just recently I beat Spyro 3 from the Reignited Trilogy for a pet project my brother and I are doing. I've never played the third installment and I regret not doing so when I was younger playing these games! I love the Reignited Trilogy, I thought they did a beautiful job!

Anyway, I was supposed to start FFVI a few months ago but I got sidetracked and busy, but I've officially started it today! I'm sad to say that I've never played this game beyond an hour or two, so I'm happy to finally get this one going with the intention of beating it! I hear that a lot of people consider this one the best of the series!

In order of frequency:

Playing FFVIII to learn how to break it. I'm in the process of farming Cures outside Balamb Garden so I can refine them into Curaras before I resume using Card to mine AP from the Fasti-- ... the Fasticu-- the fish things on the beach without accruing EXP, so I can keep the enemies artificially easy.

Playing Pokémon HeartGold for the first time. I'm a reforming Genwunner who dropped out of Pokémon in 2000 because I was more interested in a PS2 back then, and the nerfing of forward transfer in Gen. 3 really turned me off in the GBA years. Recently used a gift card from my boss to buy Gold on the 3DS virtual console. Loved it so much I just had to splurge for HeartGold. Now I'm almost to Gym 2, and it's making me horny for Gen. 4.

Playing the Wonderswan remake of SaGa using Bizhawk on my laptop. I'm about a third of the way through the game, just about to head down the whirlpool in the island world. I grind like a mofo to buy my two Humans stats boosts, and my two Espers nearly have their HP and Strength maxed out because of it. This is why I love SaGa--its wacky mechanics.

Playing Sword of Mana and FFVI in German using mGBA on my hacked Wii. RPGs on the system are a gold mine if you're trying to learn German, French, Spanish, or Italian, because for a mere 16 or fewer MB, you have a game that gives you a strong incentive to learn vocabulary. I know other people don't seem to care much for the GBA remake of Seiken Densetsu 1, but I can't stand the mobile/Vita version (waaaaaay too floaty hit boxes) and the story just isn't there in the GB original.

Plodding through Rogue Squadron 2 for the first time using a GameCube ISO on the hacked Wii with the Nintendont homebrew. I'm kind of resentful at the difficulty of even the training missions, but it's OG Star Wars, not the virtue-signaling excuse for a story that is the Disney trilogy, so I'm middling happy with it.

Kind of fumbling through Skies of Arcadia for the first time using another GameCube ISO So far it's not really grabbed me, but I do love the color palette and the steampunk setting.

Playing Pokémon HeartGold for the first time. I'm a reforming Genwunner who dropped out of Pokémon in 2000 because I was more interested in a PS2 back then, and the nerfing of forward transfer in Gen. 3 really turned me off in the GBA years. Recently used a gift card from my boss to buy Gold on the 3DS virtual console. Loved it so much I just had to splurge for HeartGold. Now I'm almost to Gym 2, and it's making me horny for Gen. 4.
If you are going back to those old games I do suggest giving generation 3 a go if you can. Emerald is a fantastic game and the remakes of Red and Green are awesome. Plus (as long as you got all the right gear for it) you can transfer your Pokemon from those to HeartGold/SoulSilver, Diamond/Peal/Platinum and beyond if you ever do that.

If you are going back to those old games I do suggest giving generation 3 a go if you can. Emerald is a fantastic game and the remakes of Red and Green are awesome. Plus (as long as you got all the right gear for it) you can transfer your Pokemon from those to HeartGold/SoulSilver, Diamond/Peal/Platinum and beyond if you ever do that.
I do also have Alpha Sapphire, have played a little of it, and like it (though not as much as OG Gold). I would LOVE to go back to the GBA days and do plan on buying FireRed and a back-compat DSi, but the OG Sapphire etc. feel like too much of a hassle to preserve given their use of save batteries. FireRed uses flash memory, so it will never require maintenance. So if I do ever try OG Gen. 3, I'm going to do it on emulator where I can benefit from practicing my German and Spanish with the PAL versions. But then, of course, I can't transfer unless I can find some way to save to flash memory on a non-issue cart. Not that transferring matters anymore, given the Gen. 8 news. If you can't just keep going and going into the future, then what's even the point?

Playing the Wonderswan remake of SaGa using Bizhawk on my laptop. I'm about a third of the way through the game, just about to head down the whirlpool in the island world. I grind like a mofo to buy my two Humans stats boosts, and my two Espers nearly have their HP and Strength maxed out because of it. This is why I love SaGa--its wacky mechanics.

SaGa was one of my first handheld games tbh, and my second jrpg (before I knew what rpgs even were). I always loved that game. Good to see it getting some appreciation!

Meanwhile I've been a bit crazy, bought an entire SNES (NOT the 'classic'-- the real thing) along with Paladin's Quest (aka Lennus) and a fan-translated copy of Lennus 2, which is still on its way. So I'm replaying a physical copy of Paladin's Quest and it feels real good. EDIT: When my hand is agreeable at least
(PS: Had to open up the controller and clean its gutties because the start and select buttons weren't working. No idea how it managed to get THAT dirty on the inside, but it did!)

I'm also playing Kenshi on the side some more, this time trying to place rules on myself for saving and how to handle battles. So far this run is being really interesting, and thanks to my five-step strategy, nobody has died! (I feel like a pro...)

Last edited:
Hello hello~ I myself currently am investing time in FFXV (Luna is the best, fight me behind dumpster if you disagree!). There's also DMC 5 and Fire Emblem somewhere on the horizon too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back