[V1] What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I'm pretty much alternating between Folklore and Batman: Arkham Origins.

I didn't expect Folklore to be such an interesting game. Not only is the story intriguing and complex but the game play is well realised and makes good use of the Sixaxis motion control capabilities. The music, artwork and characters are all top notch and instantly grab the attention.

Batman: Arkham Origins is, so far, a satisfyingly meaty game with good story and pacing of execution, coupled with a good number of side quests. Gotham City becomes free to roam very early on in the game which I find refreshing and pretty nifty having played plenty of games where free roaming comes pretty late, if at all (e.g. Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XIII, Tomb Raider, etc.). The combat system is decent albeit a little frustrating at times. My Batman looked pretty foolish while I got used to it. :lew:
Isn't that the prequel? Have you played the others as well?

I've been wanting to play the Batman games for a while now 'cause they look kinda fun. I wish they had been ported over to Xbox/PS4! I was going to get the new one but decided to hold off after all the issues I was hearing about. Plus all the people complaining about the batmobile put me off a bit >.>

Isn't that the prequel? Have you played the others as well?

I've been wanting to play the Batman games for a while now 'cause they look kinda fun. I wish they had been ported over to Xbox/PS4! I was going to get the new one but decided to hold off after all the issues I was hearing about. Plus all the people complaining about the batmobile put me off a bit >.>

Yes, Arkham Origins is the prequel of the series. I decided to start with the prequel so unfortunately, no, I haven't played the other games yet. The series is pretty solid though judging by the reviews and critiques, even fans were pretty much receptive, so you might as well bite the bullet and start in on Arkham Knight if you can get your hands on it. I'm enjoying Arkham Origins quite a bit and from what I've heard it's the step child of the Arkham family, so hopefully you'll find something to maintain your interest in the series in Arkham Knight (or any one that you decide to play first). :)

Couldn't sleep so played maybe an hour or two of the Witcher 3's new expansion tonight. A bit early to say but it seems to be just as good as the original game which I loved. Just a little more light hearted! Actually laughed quite a bit at some of the dialogue. Gameplay is a lot harder than I remember it being though. Some of the enemies are destroying me :3

I'm currently bouncing between The Order 1886 and Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. Wanting to finish Pokémon before Friday because of Xenoblade X.

I went out last weekend and went on a shopping spree for my PS4 since I didn't have alot of game. I recently finished inFAMOUS Second Son and I absolutely love it. I honestly didn't know what to expect because I'd never played the previous inFAMOUS games. It really reminded me of a GTA/beat'em up hybrid. Even with super powers it didn't get so wonky and goofy to where it was stupid. This game was alot of fun :)

Now I'm playing The Order 1886 and it seems pretty sweet. I love stuff based in the olden days, it really interests me. I already know how the game is and how short it is but I don't care. xD

I'm only playing a few games at the moment (LPs taking up my time).

FF10 - Gotten to Via Purifico. I really forgot how short the main story of this game is! Won't be too long until it's all finished and that's just shocking :s.

Higurashi: Watanagashi - There aren't too many visual novels that I like to play, but this is something that I've liked since seeing the anime a good...5 years ago maybe? Just like in the first arc, things have started nice and light-hearted, but I know just how dark this arc gets later on. I can't wait for things to pick up! :lew:

Zelda: Triforce Heroes - Just like Four Swords, this is a stunning bit of fun Zelda. No big adventure or grand plot. Just...fun. All online (or local multiplayer with only one game card needed between the three of you), if you were wondering. The three of you pick a map and a bonus mission and it randomly chooses one of them. You then go through a short stage and beat the boss (or mini-boss) at the end. It's soooo enjoyable.

FF14 - I'm trying to get Ifrit EX done but I waited a whole hour for the DF to ping last night and nothing so I don't see it happening. Even when I do get a party, no one can seem to avoid even the simple Ifrit charge attacks. I may put that on hold and go for Odin or Ultima Weapon instead for now :/.

That's it really. I really want to wrap up both LPs before doing anything else. FFX will be moving onto sidequest stuff soon which will be hard as hell and take up too much time. Fingers crossed on my sanity...

I'm playing FF XIV... Owait, my sub died.

I'm playing games very slowly since I'm back at school but I could get in maybe 2-3 hours a day on Rise of the Tomb Raider and Xenoblade X as well, hopefully. Now, a few words about both games I am playing.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: The game is fantastic so far. I am only in the beginning but I can already tell this is a Tomb Raider game and not survival horror. There was already a tomb in the first level! Croft Manor is also present like the older games, and I'm enjoying the story. I'm more used to Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft now since I played the first reboot. I realize that she actually does a good job with the character. I'm enjoying the gameplay, and nice throwback to old TR games with the infinite pistol ammo, however, she has two pistols in the older games, not one. There was an easter egg at the end of the first where she got both pistols; therefore, I am hoping it will happen again. Beautiful graphics and realistic expressions/mood are some of the things I like about this new entry. I have a feeling it will be a high rating when I finish the game.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: What can I say about this new entry besides the fact it is amazing? Let us see, I think it is very enjoyable. There is a variety of classes to play, the world is ginormous, and it takes ages to sprint to places. It is an open world RPG, but there is a story like previous Xeno games. The only gripe I have with this entry is the obnoxious rap music and the fact your character does not talk. Ah well, at least you can switch characters. I don't hate the OST, in fact, I heard some very good tracks but New Los Angeles is full of lyrical rap music and out of place music, and it gets tiring sometimes. The game is GIGANTIC, which makes me anticipate FFXV even more because it will have a map that is at least 2-3x the size of Xeno X. I made KOS-MOS as my character, and even found a fitting voice for her. KOS-MOS is my favourite video game character and Xeno character; therefore, I made my avatar look just like her. Sure, the censorship bothers me a little, but not much. The characters are enjoyable, atm. I thought I would hate Lyn but I actually like her.

Tales of Zestiria: Haven't started yet..... but I am going to play it soon.

Tales of Zestiria- I just got Rose. Love playing as her!

Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS- loving this game so far. Fiora is cuteeee.

Annnnd Final Fantasy Record Keeper. I'm addicted. :C

I'm currently doing some retro gaming on the ole ps3. I decided to play through Parasite Eve again since it has been awhile. That damn boss under the Brooklyn bridge took me quite a few tries. When it split into the 4 parts and started jumping around it seriously merked my face. I had to save it and get off for a bit after that lmao.

I ordered Parasite Eve 2 as well and have the strategy guides for both PE1 and 2 coming in the mail. So yeah that'll be pretty bitchin

I'm currently playing a new file of Pokemon Y with a different standard of difficulty to make the game a bit more entertaining and rewarding.

I never completed the XIII series, so I'm on disc 3. I have XIII-2 here waiting for me to play it once I finish the first one.

I'm also playing Black Ops 3 every now and then.

I'm currently doing some retro gaming on the ole ps3. I decided to play through Parasite Eve again since it has been awhile. That damn boss under the Brooklyn bridge took me quite a few tries. When it split into the 4 parts and started jumping around it seriously merked my face. I had to save it and get off for a bit after that lmao.

I ordered Parasite Eve 2 as well and have the strategy guides for both PE1 and 2 coming in the mail. So yeah that'll be pretty bitchin

Ohhh, I love PE1! The cinematics are stunning and really well directed (or whatever) :jess:. PE2...the first disc is just as good. I just really hated the second disc personally...it's why I can't replay the game. With the guides, that'll probably make it more bearable :).

As for me, still on the go with FFX (level grinding in Omega Ruins ready for the final dungeon!). Higurashi is still moving. Black Ops 3 is turning out to be pretty great! I'm still not a fan of this higher jumping lark, but it's better than in Advanced Warfare so I don't mind. It's also so fun to see someone try to wall run and fall off a cliff lmao!

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros is alright. I'm about 8 hours in and the regular battles are so fun (with the bosses being bloody hard most of the time :s). The music is this game's best point:

There's something about that track that's really quoite grand. The typewriters playing through it in that room :lew:.

EDIT: I love this track too while you're running around catching evil toads. Reminds me of a song from another game, but god knows what that is :/ :

Otherwise, I'm playing FF14 off and on, but not much at all at the moment. This is the game that's taking the backseat until I get my two LPs all wrapped up :monocle:.

If that fight gave you trouble just wait till the T-Rex fight you will have or the optional crab fight for the rocket launcher, their speed is what makes them ridiculous. If you liked Resident Evil as a series you will most likely like PE2's combat system then as it's very similar in a sense.

Let's see here with what I picked up again recently and am going through, I have a lot.

Suikoden 3- About to start the chapter 3 for each character and also have a separate save file for each of them, so each one can have a file where they are the current flame champion.

The Legend of Dragoon- Love this game still to this day with it's story line and cast of characters. Has it's own challenging battle system that you really needed a sense of timing for which also adds another element to it. Would love and fanboy all to hell if this ever got an HD remake. At the point where i'm going to go and try and get the Moon Dagger back.

Digimon World- Found my copy laying around and since never even still beat this game restarted and trying to now. Having a bit of trouble getting an ultimate so not really sure where to say I am, my city has a prosperity ranking of like 20 or 22 I believe.

Persona 4 Golden- On the new game plus so now trying for all max social links, completing my persona compendium since missing like 18% and getting all of Rise's lines.

FFXIV- on and off again just trucking through the main story line.

Well my gaming will be cut down quite a bit once school starts tomorrow, so I have been trying to just randomly game as much as possible.

Right now the main games that have my preoccupied are Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (currently working on Chain of Memories)

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends (only when I feel like slashing shit without any real thinking involved)

Fire Emblem Awakening is the one that has taken up the most of my time the last week or two.

That is basically it for now. Knowing how school is going go, I will probably at most play on the bus on the way to school and maybe a bit between classes :sad3:

I just restarted my PE file because I feel like my gear wasn't quite up to par where it should be. So now I started utilizing the tools and started upgrading my pistol and my armor. Now I feel alot better about how I'm progressing through the game. I managed to defeat Sheeva on the 1st try(which took me almost a dozen last time) and that was pretty satisfying. I just got out of the hospital basement and I'm heading up towards fighting the Spider Woman on top of the building. We'll see how that fight goes. She kicked my ass pretty bad last time. Avoiding the webs took some practice. I feel like I have a good grasp on it now so yeah. Hopefully after work I can kick her ass xD

Terraria - I just finished and of course nothing more to do other than beat the fish boss and moon lord. I don't have the patience for it really. It was fun, and no I didn't cheat to get items like most do. I just worked my tail off to go from nothing to having beetle gear. Though I figured out that being a tank in game is pretty boring actually. Reason being is you are probably stuck with a yo yo or a flame sword. You are probably also stuck being slow, unless you have speed potions and what have you.

Anyway, it was okay.. 7/10 on a "RPG" scale for a sandbox game.

I'm currently playing Persona 4: Golden on the PS Vita and I'm absolutely LOVING this game. I've played it for damn near 10 hours straight and I can't get enough of it. Everything about this game is awesome. Combat, music, building relationships, everything. Hands down the best video game purchase I've made in along time.

I'm playing a few games a little bit.
FF9 for android. Actually pretty great. The load times aren't the best but they don't kill it. I'm just at the entrance of one of my favourite areas: ice cavern.
FF: Dimensions. I'm not far in (still chapter 1) but if you like ff4 an 5 you'll probably like this. So far the characters are generic but the gameplay is great :).
FF14. Making my way across the dragon (chocobo???) lands to progress the story. Love this area. No more leveling for me for a bit!
Alundra. This is taking up most of my time but nearing the end now. About to visit nava for the final crest...nightmare of a dungeon incoming lmao.
All done trying out the mobile fff site. New experiences! :lew:

Mainly playing Final Fantasy XIV, but I will play other games occasionally. For Final Fantasy XIV, I'm currently gearing up by doing Alexander Midas, roulettes, etc. Nothing THAT exciting, but my Astrologian can hit an 11K heal now with synastry and my black mage can hit a 10k fire iv, which is very satisfying when it happens. I'm thinking what I will do next in the game in regard to progression, but eh, right now I think it is just best to stop leveling classes as I already leveled everything I wanted so far. I think it may be time to get into crafting, and eventually pick up warrior and play my first tank to change things up a little.

I'm on the final boss in Xenoblade X so I'm working on defeating it as well and doing some affinity missions. It has been a blast of a game but the story is definitely weaker than my past favourite Xeno entries because it lacks the depth of them and focuses much more on open world. That's just one personal gripe of mine but the game is fantastic either way.

In Rise of the Tomb Raider, I believe I am also at the end but I need to go back to it.

I started Tales of Zestiria but.... eh.... not sure I like it.

Just about to finish The Witcher 3. After that, I plan to play through the first Witcher game; I played the second game first.

I have also been playing Black Desert, a new-ish MMO. :)

Darkness Reborn- I am currently playing this MMORPG on my mobile phone. I've been playing this game for 5 days now and I am enjoying every minute of it. This is by far the best mobile game that I have played so far out of all the mobile games that I have tried. I highly recommend you guys to download it and try it out yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back