Weird things you do and can't stop doing!

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
I obsessively play with my hair. Mainly at night time when I'm in bed and thinking a lot before sleep.

I've always done it since I was a kid. I will even do it when I'm driving. I can't help it and don't even notice until someone tells me that I'm doing it.

I actually had someone say to me in class one day, 'Stop playing with your hair.' Though I don't know how it was affecting them in any way. <_<

I do the same with my earrings when my hair is tied up in a bun and unable to be played with. >.<

I can't think of anything else right now but I'm sure there are more.

I always chew my nails either when thinking or when I am nervous. I have no idea why I do it, and catch myself doing it even if not knowing it. It always bugs people especially my friends, but it does relax me also when doing it. That is my weird thing that I seem to been able to never stop doing.

I don't know whether it's weird or not, but I have to have an order of things..

I like my daily-boring routine of a schedule.

I make sure that everything ready even hours before it need be.

like I'll plan ahead of what I'm going to pack my gym clothing

or maybe lunch that day for my boyfriend

I think I have a problem :lew: I need a little change.

When I'm concentrating during a lecture or presentation I tend to waggle my right foot. My right leg would be resting on my left so I guess I look a little demented when I do it. :britt:

I also have this habit of always opening a new tab on Firefox in order to begin a new internet search, despite the fact that I know the "Home" button exists for a reason. It's a bit of a silly thing to do especially when I'm not even using my pinned bookmarks, but to tell the truth, it's a hard habit to break... :blush:

I'm not actually sure. I thought long and hard about this one, and I'm sure there's something that I do that's probably weird, but I can't come up with anything at the moment. I will say that my husband finds it weird (or funny) that I tend to tilt my head to the side when I'm talking to someone, especially when inquiring about something. But honestly, I don't think that's an odd habit. I see people do it when gesturing towards something or someone.

Anyway, my husband will sometimes mock me and by imitating the way I tilt my head, say something weird, then move towards me while keeping his head tilted to the side. Reminds me of a zombie.

Whenever I'm driving, I do an odd "dance". I would unknowingly sway/tilt my head from side to side as if enjoying a song on the radio (most of the time I don't even have the radio on, especially these days when I use up enough power for the heater). My hands tend to fidget on the wheel as well; I'm still holding onto the wheel, but my hands would still make slight gestures not too dissimilar to someone shaking maracas or something. It's kind of hard to describe and weird to think about. Rest assured, my driving licence is impeccable and I've not broken any road rules...as far as you know.

In fact, now that I think about it, whenever I'm delivering a presentation or doing any kind of semi-important speaking exercise in front of someone, my hands do a more exaggerated maracas shake thing. Either that or I look like a malfunctioning robot.

This one is probably not too uncommon, because I've known at least one other person who regularly does this, but whenever I'm thinking, I just snap my fingers incessantly. Normal people chew their pens it seems. I've had to wrestle myself to avoid doing it back at university in the library with mixed results.

For some reason whenever I watch tv, I always seem to cross my leg(either one) over the other, and lean forward with my elbow down on my leg, and my chin resting on my fist. I dont get it. I cant sit back when I watch tv. Even if its a show that I'm not the invested in, I still sit like I am fully invested in it. :hmmm:

I also smell my hair alot after I wash it. Especially when I get out of the shower and its dry. For some reason I'm obsessed with how my hair smells.

Alot of times I'll use catchphrases that WWE wrestlers have, and I'll use them in regular conversation. Or I'll quote old promos that were my favorites. It's completely random and I do it ALOT.

I talk to myself when I play video games. Sometimes my mom will be in the other room and she'll walk in and ask if I was saying something to her. I think outloud alot lmfao.

Whenever songs are on the radio I'll use my index finger and my middle finger and I'll slam one of them down, while lifting the other one.

Umm that's all I got for now.

I have this weird thing where whenever I'm looking for something to wear,

I'll like, rotate my clothes like I feel bad that I'm neglecting my clothes.

"Well, I haven't woren this in a while." *back of the closet, or bottom of draw*

Even if its not my favorite ya know? I spent money on you so i'm going to wear you.

And then I wonder why I'm not like most women..

I actually wear my clothes instead of buying more.
:wacky:

*Phoenix Down*

I've been called out a few different times for swaying back and forth when I stand & chat. I've done this since I was young but I think there are a few people who also do this a lot. I also do this thing where, when I'm standing, I'll swing my hands back and forth in front/behind me while clapping my hands. :LOL:

Also, I do this weird thing when I've completely turned my body around in a full circle when I'm at the store looking at something I feel the internal burning itch to circle back around 'the way I was facing.' It doesn't make sense but I can't help it!

Lastly, not as interesting or weird, but I press my writing utensils fairly hard into my paper when I'm writing. It gives me a real bad hand cramp sometimes! I don't do it to start out with, though. It's like the longer I write something the harder and harder I'll press into the paper.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
I don't know when or why this started, but I don't like to see drawers pulled out or closet doors open. I have to shut them. It doesn't matter how close they are to being fully shut, if they're just a little bit ajar, I have to fix it. Funnily enough, doors and windows are OK though, it's just drawers and closets.

The only other thing I can think of is when I'm making white tea, I heat up the milk before I add it. I like my tea burning hot, so adding cold milk just ruins it for me. Apparently not many people do that . . . . :blush:

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is when I'm making white tea, I heat up the milk before I add it. I like my tea burning hot, so adding cold milk just ruins it for me. Apparently not people do that . . . . :blush:
As long as you don't add the milk before the tea then we're all good. Otherwise I'm going to have to send the SAS to bring you to justice :mokken:

I don’t do it very often (almost never) but I have noticed that every once in a while I’ll find myself tapping my collarbone with my hand mid-conversation with someone

It’s not something I think about, so dunno why. Maybe it’s a nervous thing

Touch lightly then scratch the hell out my back.
Touch between eye lid and eyebrow.
And still to this day softly say "Diplomatic immunity!" to myself whenever I cross a road on foot safely.

Digging up ancient threads and making the FFF users wonder "wtf is wrong with this guy?" 😬 :ROFLMAO:

Nothing wrong with that! Just look above and see that Miko here did exactly the same thing when she first joined in 2019 and now she is a Global Moderator! :argor:

As for myself, I'm probably too weird in general, but I don't always realise it. Sometimes I think a thing is normal only because it became my routine. Not my fault that the universe wasn't made in my image!

There is one that I'm fully aware is weird though. I guess I must have some mild OCD or something, but I've always sort of hidden it. But sometimes if something 'didn't feel right' then I have to revisit it or I feel messed up. For example, I might look at something, then start walking away but I then I had the feeling that I didn't look at the thing properly and that if I walk away then I'll lose that moment forever without really living it, so I stop and look at it again. That counts as weird, right?

Nothing wrong with that! Just look above and see that Miko here did exactly the same thing when she first joined in 2019 and now she is a Global Moderator! :argor:

As for myself, I'm probably too weird in general, but I don't always realise it. Sometimes I think a thing is normal only because it became my routine. Not my fault that the universe wasn't made in my image!

There is one that I'm fully aware is weird though. I guess I must have some mild OCD or something, but I've always sort of hidden it. But sometimes if something 'didn't feel right' then I have to revisit it or I feel messed up. For example, I might look at something, then start walking away but I then I had the feeling that I didn't look at the thing properly and that if I walk away then I'll lose that moment forever without really living it, so I stop and look at it again. That counts as weird, right?

I kinda knew I'd stick out like a sore thumb, I do almost everywhere. I lived a series of conflicting double lives when I was younger, up until 26 when my body rolled over my physical peak and at 32 and a half, I just don't have the energy, or the giveadamn, to try to keep up with all the things anymore, so I minimized my life down according to finances because that seemed like the most logical course of action. I'm pretty hyper-compartmentalized, working with industrial machinery for a few years kind of taught me how to be...because if there's 2,000+ lbs about 45 ft. in the air above your head on a forklift, whatever you're feeling besides fear and whatever you're thinking about can wait until afterward. I try not to clutter too much, but some nights I just can't sleep, and I'm simultaneously too fatigued to really focus on anything. And admittedly, I really don't have a social life anymore. That got scrapped with the series of double lives at my physical peak. I have 1 friend outside of work IRL that I go see once a week at his place. He's agoraphobic, but I met him at a bar 12 or so years ago, and I go see him to try to give him some kind of a connection to the outside world, even though I really don't have one outside of work, either. I'm in management these last 7 years, so by the time I get to the weekend, I'm too burned out to go anywhere anyhow.

And no, that makes sense. I have mild auditory and visual hallucinations, though I haven't had them in some time, so I'm kinda twitchty and double checking myself all the time. I'm painfully aware I'm really eccentric, like I can't hide it and socialize at the same time, it just comes out naturally.

I can relate to this, though I've started to get better about it. Mostly the 'losing that moment forever' bit, which is stupid honestly when I look back at it, but I guess that's the OCD part. I hope it doesn't drive you crazy at least :lew:

Few other things I apparently didn't include (but apparently am now comfortable enough to embarrass myself with :wacky: ) is the need to turn back around if I've turned to face behind me. If I've made a complete right I'll have to turn to my left to return to my original faced position - it feels wrong if I just continue around going right and made a complete circle. It's stupid, it's gotten better, but used to drive me insane.

When I was a little kid I developed... I don't wanna say a tic, but for a lack of better words, a tic? Anyway, when I was a kid I would push my upper lip with my bottom lip to scrunch up and rub against my nose and sometimes flare my nostrils while I did it. :tearjoy: Writing it out it sounds like some kind of lizard mating face, but I remember crying over it when I was little & praying hard that it would go away because I just couldn't stop, especially when I went to bed. I only do it when I am really stressed now and people don't actually notice, but it's still kind of a pain. I usually hide it by rubbing my nose like it itches.

Now that I've got a kid I've seen these things kind of pop up in my own child. He has times where he gets very strange and sometimes aggressive facial tics that my pediatrician says is normal, but it's very alarming to see sometimes. :lew: Other times it's like watching your child.exe stopped functioning properly in a (slightly) humorous way. The more I asked around the more I found out that a few members in my family have had this when they were younger, so it puts me at ease. Sometimes the brain just be crazy.

:wacko: I also used to have auditory & visual hallucinations, but those are out of my control but also sleep related. Thankfully they're not scary but usually unnerving when you swear you hear a music box outside your room at 1am or swear your husband comes home from work early and then.. hasn't c:

I have a habit of buying Square Enix Merch. sometimes I know I shouldn't do it but I always end up with more of it ^^. Recently found a few buyers from japan to get my hands on some more of Square there very first (the 10 first) games. I spend a bit more money on them than I should sometimes because I know these items are rare and I'm afraid I won't be getting them ever again. So I look at them, again, again, and again until I make the purchase in the end.

Sometimes it's just over the stretch of like 3 hours. but sometimes it can be like a whole month, you just keep going back to it and it's like pulling you in. is the money spending or my love for SE? I honestly don't know. luckily it doesn't have to be expensive. if I buy a comic from SE I'm also satisfied so sometimes I just look for small stuff. I always make a joke, about how I collect anything related to it and then tell people id probably even buy a Turd if u stuck a flag with SE in it :S
for me it's more than just a hobby, it became a passion/lifestyle.

During our honeym0on in Japan, I dragged my wife across half of Tokyo to visit a store in the Akihabara district so I could buy some merch...

The problem with being a Square Enix Collectors is there's always stuff u don't have. Square Enix pops out more stuff than bunnies during spring.

Luckily I never get into money problems because it is spare money, but it does refrain me sometimes from buying a new car. I'm fine with 2nd hand car because for me it's a transportation device, and I enjoy my SE collection more.

Is this bad? I dunno. Some people smoke some people drink, I spend it on SE stuff, so to each his own, I suppose.

Luckily I have my limits, id love to have this. Maybe if I ever get bigger in my YT channel and I can commit fully to it I might be able to but stuff like this is a no no even for me. The price is just too steep. ill stuck to buying other SE stuff within budget.

https://store.eu.square-enix-games....rline-nierautomata-14-scale-statue-deluxe-ver

When playing Final Fantasy 14, wherever I am and happen to be idle, I run around in circles.

I either press the spacebar three consecutive times or nine consecutive times in a day. It just makes sense to me.

Back