Staff member
Global Moderator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Coloured Thread
Chocobo Egg
Shiva Snowflake
No doubt that these days the settings are usually already set up to a general liking, but I was curious if any of you start any of your games off by switching up a few settings up in the configure menus! Did any of you ever change the background colors on the menu screens for some of those older games, like in FFVII for example? :D

These days most I usually only switch up the axes as I prefer playing with inverted controls. Is anyone else out there an oddball like me? Though I definitely played with the colored backgrounds back when I was younger, but usually now if I have the chance I leave it default.

Also, do you leave your cursor on memory? What about setting your turn based games from wait to active?

Anyway, as I said, games late don't have much customization with settings anymore but I'm curious if there's any that you purposely go in and change when playing through older games. Or maybe you just suck it up and play as is? Lemme know!

I almost always invert the Y axis for camera controls. Well, except when in games that require me to fly planes. Also RTS games now that I think about it. In those cases I prefer to leave it on normal.

In newer games it's mostly done at a system level so I never have to think about it too much though :hmm:

hmmm the only game I’ve switched camera axis for is kingdom hearts :hmm:

other setting I always make sure is on is subtitles.... ALWAYS.

hmmm for turn based games I use the cursor memory whenever I’m grinding for items/exp, but normally it would be off.

Also if there was a battle speed cursor I would always set it to fastest, and text speed to instant.

Some games have battle animations, I usually enjoy them so I’ll keep them on until I get bored and impatient then switch them off :P

Back