Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Okay.... Now that the FFVII remake announcement is several days old now and all people have either died from their excitement (or concerns) or have recovered enough of their wits to be able to resume their lives it seems like the opportune moment to discuss some of the other things to come from E3.

Anybody else looking forward to Uncharted 4 yet?

Here is the latest gameplay footage revealed at E3:

Obviously this looks fantastic and action-packed, and it's lovely to see Nate and Sully being themselves again. Behind closed doors some people later got a peek at Elena too.

I'm quite looking forward to the story too. The history of piracy fascinates me, and the story of Henry Avery is a very interesting one. Avery was a generation before the so-called Golden Age of Piracy, but his ideals and the legends that formed about him (such as his Pirate Republic in Madagascar which this game draws from) partly inspired the ideologies of the pirates which followed him in the Golden Age.

For the gaming community it is quite good because it isn't just the AC: Black Flag historical backdrop all over again. This is a different sort of pirate. A so-called pirate king, and a pirate of whom many myths were created which the Uncharted universe can exploit.

Apparently this might be Nathan Drake's last adventure. :sad2:

What are your thoughts on UC4? What would you like to see, or what would you not like to see?

I think it looks fantastic! The UC games really pushed the PS3 for all it was worth, and it looks like Naughty Dog won't be cutting the PS4 any slack, either. Plus the Nate/Sully banter is great as ever :lew:

Still, feels weird to me that they'd go to all the trouble of recreating Uncharted for a new console generation just to quit. I know Naughty Dog says they don't want to get locked into one series for too long, but from a business standpoint that's a lot of expensive assets to just lock up in an archive after a single use. From the very beginning this is why I believed we'd get a trilogy remaster, assuming it used the UC4 engine, but now that the remaster has been confirmed nothing has been said to suggest that's the case. So call me skeptical that this really will be the last game in the series. For all we know it could just be the end of Nathan Drake's arc and in the future the series will follow someone else.

I'm more than happy for an Uncharted 4, but it needs to be more like the 1st 2 than the 3rd game. The 3rd game went too far into cinematics and completely ignored good gameplay elements; here's looking at the desert cutscene where you have to press forward for half hour while he drudged through as slowly. As. Physically. Possible. Also, it can't be anything like the Vita game. Awful stuff.

Anyways, here's looking forward to more treasure seeking and bloody addictive trophies ha.

LOVE ME UNCHARTED!!
Yeah, I've no PS4 (But start a new job soon) but I was really delighted with the trailer for Uncharted 4.
Mainly because it showed Naughty Dog hadn't gone up themselves after the success (Which it did deserve) of "The Last Of Us".
They've remembered Uncharted works best as an action comedy and haven't tried to change the tone.
There's still tense bits in the game, I can't have been the only one in "Drake's Fortune" to have shat themselves when walking down a quiet corridor and have the speedfreak skeletal superbeings charging towards Drake!
I noticed a good new dynamic in the game and that's when you aim before you take cover, it automatically locks onto your enemy once, and then you have to move the cursor.
I'm currently playing through "Among Thieves" and I'm pretty sure you can't do that in this one. But that's only because of the white heat that I get into to not notice I can do that! :blink:

I never did multiplayer anyway, but also coming this year for the PS4 is "The Nathan Drake Collection" all three PS3 games on one disc!
If I did splash out on a PS4 (And I don't like the fact you have to have it connected to the Net 24/7) I'd only be buying the Uncharted games and the FF remasters!

Thank you for making the thread, Dan. I was thinking of making one but I eventually got tired of it because there was too much news to post. I'm glad you didn't go through the trouble of posting everything since announcement like I did with the UC3 thread!

Anyway, I am INCREDIBLY excited about Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. I just don't have any words for how amazing it looks. It is definitely the most impressive game I have seen graphics wise, and animation wise. Although it isn't exactly open world, Uncharted 4 does have a unique way of playing levels. It isn't linear and you can take multiple paths through the campaign.

The things I would love to see. Hmm....

1) Drake and Elena's marriage should not go to waste. The reason I say this is because the third game really wrapped up their relationship so well and now that Drake has his brother and wife to worry about, things might get bad. For one, Elena never wanted him to go on crazy dangerous adventures anymore, and to me it seems like they are happy at the end of the third game. Now that Drake can potentially die, things might be very bad for Elena. The title of the game really does scare us, because well, this is Drake's last adventure and he may die. However, that is not to say that he will! The 3rd game really had a scare at the end, but none of the heroes really died, therefore, in 4, I think Naughty Dog will kill someone off. The game looks much darker compared to previous titles, so I am a bit worried. ND tried to kill off Elena once in 2, and they better not do it again! I want to see some trouble, but also some happy times. Killing off Elena or Sully would honestly make me hate the series, xD.

2) Sam. Drake's older brother played by none other than Snow Villiers himself. The thing about Sam is that I do not really find him interesting atm, and I certainly do not want a "oh hey you have Elena and I don't have anything, so I hate life" kind of thing. No, I do not want this AT ALL. Please, I want focus on Elena, Drake, Sully, and not just Sam. That being said, I do not know enough about Sam to judge him right now.

3) Chloe Frazier? If Chloe returns, I would love to see her return alongside Charlie Cutter. Who knows, maybe they developed a romantic relationship after he broke his leg. We cannot have Chloe getting jealous of Elena again because that would create moments of Deja vu, and well, we had that in the second game already. I would like to see more development if these two characters return.

4) Multiplayer. I want a multiplayer that is similar to two, but mixes some aspects from three to create something interesting. In addition, I want to play with my FFF friends like old times. I was a huge fan of TDM and co-op! I can see ND putting some TLOU skins in MP.

Those are my thoughts so far. You may now enjoy these magnificent screens and a technical breakdown of the demo.

e5ay4o5.jpg

tzL3UWt.jpg

Y6PsE3R.jpg

zh7F2ej.jpg

YaTDf0C.jpg

CVr3onF.jpg

JD8Eq2w.jpg

RxzD9rI.jpg

niKHBPb.jpg

ywd8wMQ.jpg

1WDPYNB.jpg

CBh3eCW.jpg

DtqVPNx.jpg

ZbRfNl5.jpg

ZHE6Oxg.jpg

Aren't they just gorgeous? Elena looks so good :inlove:

Demo breakdown. Watch it!

As Naughty Dog Promised, the extended gameplay has arrived. The extended stuff starts around 7 minutes in and includes additional amazing footage. See Nathan Drake have a muddy ride and see him go through typical near death experiences that the uncharted series is known for. Unfortunately, it does not seem like Elena is happy with Drake even though they are married. I wonder how Sam will react!

Uncharted-4-Demo_07-01-15.jpg

Source: Gematsu

I am just so excited. This game is really stunning!

I've not heard much about this in a while.

They only provided a very brief teaser trailer in TGS which didn't reveal anything new, as far as I'm aware.

I did, however, stumble across this:

Unchated4_rafe_et_nadine_19_01.jpg

These seem to be our villains. Rafe is the guy that Drake and Sully complain about during the gameplay footage that we've seen.

Who they are (other than being rival treasure hunters) I do not know.

It's interesting how young they are. They are at least of the same age as Drake and Elena, if not younger. Are we seeing here a mirror image of Drake and Elena?

Is much else revealed about them?

When Uncharted 3 was being developed we had revealed scenes of the villain, Marlowe, fairly early on. It's quite interesting (and perhaps wise) that we're not seeing too much of the UC4 villains yet.

Marlene from The Last Of Us? Is that you? :gasp:

Marlene from The Last Of Us? Is that you? :gasp:

The place where I found the above concept art speculated that Merle Dandridge who voiced and mo-capped Marlene might well be doing Nadine in Uncharted 4. Mele Dandridge put a photograph of herself leaping for joy in a mo-cap suit, and Neil Druckman has re-tweeted it (although he did it to joke that he'd love to do a new Half-Life if Valve would let him). People are linking her to Uncharted anyway.

It's not a long shot. Naughty Dog like to keep their voice cast close and cosy. Troy Baker has already been brought in to Uncharted, and we also see Robin Atkin Downes voice at least one character in each Uncharted game.

Uncharted 4 multiplayer sneak peek!

Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta begins December 4

U4-MP-Beta-Dec-4.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment and Naughty Dog debuted the first trailer for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer during Sony’s Paris Games Week press conference.

Expect the teamwork, over-the-top action-adventure, and detail-rich gameplay environments you’ve come to expect from the Uncharted series Multiplayer mode. We have greatly enriched multiplayer with elements you may have caught in the trailer.

One thing we’ve done in particular is introduce a number of systems completely unique to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Multiplayer.

• Sidekicks:When you are in a pinch you can call in your friendly Sidekick to help you. These are unique, AI controlled characters that come equipped with unique abilities that can help turn the tide of a battle.
  • Mysticals: These are supernatural abilities from the Uncharted series that give a player unique powers. See if you can recognize what Mystical abilities we are showing off in the trailer.
  • Last, you will be able to leverage the grappling hook in a number of locations in our multiplayer maps. We have also heavily leveraged this exciting mechanic for our melee. Yes, you will be able to land on people and take them out –would you expect less?

It looks like there are a few new characters in the trailer as well. Also, I'm not sure if I can get in the beta without buying the Nathan Drake collection but I really hope so. @Mitsuki @Dionysos @Six (get ps4) What do you guys think? I think it looks amazing! This is a co op/deathmatch of some sort.

Last edited:
Is that a Chloe? It may just be! ;) That accent, though. :D

If it was that easy to just get a PS4, I probably would've had one by now. :brooding: I think my time ended with Uncharted 3, though. Sadly enough.

Wow... That was rather interesting to see.

Although it couldn't be taken as gameplay footage it does show off that they have some interesting mechanics involved this time. Let's just hope that it isn't a car crash of an experience.

I'm interested in 'sidekicks' system (who are those people?), and the 'mysticals'.

I've always wanted to see the supernatural elements of the Uncharted franchise included in UC Online, since they are usually a big part of the franchise. You know when you are nearing the end of an Uncharted game when you see Nazi zombies, yetis, or genies hopping about in front of you.

These mysticals, however, don't appear to be the monsters themselves, strictly speaking. Instead, any character that you are playing can somehow gain the abilities of these monsters. And so we have Genie-Elena... That is interesting. I can't wait for Yeti-Sully! :argor:

I still hope for an infection mode sort of game mode, where players have to avoid powerful monsters, and when they die they become a monster. Perhaps we'll get that with this.

As for characters in this trailer, it's always great to see the return of Eddy Raja. He's one of my favourite characters for some reason. At 00.50 I do think that I spot Charlie Cutter! That's also excellent to see.

The rest were either the main cast or generic soldier grunts (I think) as far as I could see. I didn't recognise anyone else.

Here is a better look at the gameplay. Unfortunately, there is commentary but you can still get the idea. Personally, I'm not a fan of the down system. I've always disliked it in every shooter but everything else looks nice

It looks like AI buddies helping you will be a thing now. Looks interesting but the best part is the supernatural abilities. Yeah, @Dionysos Charlie and Marlowe are there. I'm not sure the others are generic grunts but we shall see!

According to the developer, the game’s multiplayer will run at 60fps and display at 900p, compared to the single-player which as previously reported runs at 30fps and displays at 1080p. I'm a bit sad about this but I suppose it is necessary to lower the resolution to get the best gameplay experience.

I really enjoyed the down system in The Last of Us multiplayer. It was annoying at times when you shot someone but couldn't get to them to finish them off before their allies healed them, but I still think it added another element to the gameplay. It made it more challenging at times, and it forced you to work together as a team.

I can see how it can be less appropriate for Uncharted, but I do hope that its inclusion at least encourages players to work together more. In other Uncharted games I noticed that most people just seemed to run off and do their own thing. Now that we have a down and heal system it encourages players to stick together, cover each other's backs, etc. It can be a positive thing in that way.

-

Being reminded of the supernatural aspect of Uncharted... I do wonder what the supernatural entity in the Unchrated 4 story might be! We're dealing with 17th Century pirates, but if we simply have ghost pirates then we are entering Monkey Island and Pirates of the Caribbean territory. Perhaps some local Madagascan folklore? Death-lemurs or something. Who knows!

There was a livestream today of UC4 multiplayer so I thought you guys would be interested @Dionysos @Mitsuki

ND are commentating the gameplay if that's your thing. They go over new stuff in the multiplayer such as allies, mystics, etc. It looks amazing and I am sadly going to be missing the beta if I can't get a code.

You can find the series of clips below.

Uncharted-4-New-Chara-TGA15-600x338.jpg

The game awards just revealed the first look at our new female villain played by Laura Bailey. Her name is Nadine Ross and she looks bad, mean, and well she wants it from Drake.

Looks like UC4 will have a male villain and female villain as a team just like the artwork we saw previously.

Last edited:
Back