Trema

Crystal

Red Mage
Veteran
Gil
Who has beaten Trema? How? and what items did you use?

I beat him twice, first time was really hard, because before you can face him, you gotta fight another beast who can kill you very easily.
I had Yuna in gunner, Paine and Rikku both in dark mage.
Paragon doesn't have that much HP so you can kill him in two turns with catnip and trigger happy lvl 3.
Trema comes up and that lil part takes very long before you can fight him.
Trema is really fast, but hits you with 2000, he also uses meteor a lot and demi. I had Paine with high defence using the items constatly, Rikku was hitting him with her strength and Yuna kept on shooting on him.

When he's defeated, you'll get an awesome item! It doubles your HP and magic and raises, strength, defence, magic defence, etc. with 100!

When you beat him you get iron duke wicked Item.

I think I must have beaten him only once, Make Yuna gunner and give her cat nip and when she has low HP make her use trigger happy lvl3 It should do 9999 each hit. It'll take alwhile since he has 999,999 HP

hes pretty easy just use cat nip + trigger happy when yuna in low hp
Paine and rikku just cure themselves
iron duke is good ^_^

Well I couldn't help but wonder...

We all cheated (essentially) and used Cat Nip, dealing 9999 damage per hit. There's an item called the Invincible which breaks the damage limit. Anyone tried combining this? I haven't ever tried it, and can't even be bothered picking up the game to even try it out.

As for fighting him, I only did it once. Couldn't be bothered working around all those Mega Tonberries, Elder Drakes... and Chac. Concherer was equally as annoying. (I chose to avoid using Cat Nip in these battles... because I'm like that.) Trema was a bit annoying, but sapping away his MP was a great start for me. All you then need is Protect, and bam, he's inferior. Great boss though.

Last edited:
Yeah MP Sap him and he's toast.

I used Dark Knights because of their high defence. Combined with an Adamantine and you're sorted.

Iron Duke is good but useless since you've already beaten the games' hardest enemy.

i think the invincible and cat nip are both accessories so you cant equip 2 on one person

Where exactly is Trema, and what does he look like? I tried googling pictures, can't find him. But he sounds so familiar....

You'll most likely recall his name from the story Maechen told if you gave the sphere to the Youth League. He explains how Trema, along with other Priests of Yevon, sought sphere to gain knowledge.

The same Trema is within the Via Infinito, at the bottom level. Lord knows how only a human could be that powerful...

Back