Total Lunar Eclipse

AddleBoy

Invader from the Bottom of the Sea!
Veteran
Gil
Did you guys know that there will be a total eclipse of the moon tonight?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080220/ap_on_sc/lunar_eclipse

They say that it'll be the last one 'till Dec. 20, 2010. It also says that we will be able to see Saturn. I wish that I had a telescope to see things more clearly, but at least the sky is very clear where I am. I won't have any trouble at all seeing the moon. They say that people on the west coast of the US will be able to see it at 7:00pm I'm not sure about the rest of the world, though....

Ah, I've seen it. I was coming back from dance until I noticed the moon, which was evolving into a full Lunar Eclispe. It was my first eclispe, I wonder if I'll ever see a Solar one.

Solar eclipses are cool. Lunar eclipses are just...eh...

I was too busy sleeping to notice.

Don't look directly at the sun while viewing a Solar Eclipse xD
Anyway, I saw the Lunar one last night. It was wicked watching it be covered. About 3 minutes until the full eclipse, Dave (hubby) and I went outside to watch the rest of the moon be covered and turn completely blood red. It was totally awesome to witness.

I wish you could've busted out your video camera for me, Mandi. :( I totally missed it because I was too lazy to go outside and take a peek. My husband called me from work just to tell me that there would be a Lunar last night...

I should've stepped out into the cold last night!

I had a looksee fifteen after ten, and it looked alright. It wasn't too amazing, but seeing another planet was pretty cool.

I took random pics of what I saw, and I thought it was cool, being the first Lunar Eclipse I've ever seen. I'm actually anxious to see the solar one. Cuz then I'll have seen the Northern Lights, a Lunar Eclipse, and a Solar Eclipse. I'll feel so accomplished. XD

I guess the coolest part was being able to see Saturn. Lucky for me there was a guy outside with his telescope. I got a good enough view of Saturn to see the rings.

I watched it for a while last night and tried to take pictures which didn't turn out all that well. I then decided to take a video of it which still didn't turn out that great, but was better than the pictures.

I always miss these lunar boys. Its already dark so I don't notice :wacky:

I rememebr the solar one tho :monster: Looking at the sun is not the best idea but it was pretty epic, I watched it all kick off on Eastenders aswel while it was happening in soapland

I saw the lunar eclipse start, but I was too tired to keep looking at it. Plus, the clouds were out and playing Red Rover in front of the show. :|

Back