Tokyo's Akihabara stores prepare for a Final Fantasy XIII Frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
With the highly anticipated game, Final Fantasy XIII, preparing to take Japan by storm, even though it's 2 weeks today (17.12.09) until the title comes out, Tokyo's Akihabara stores are preparing themselves for a mass frenzy!

2vc6a1k.jpg

2ynrl9w.jpg

zu2osz.jpg

svo01v.jpg

qs6x49.jpg

t6ecew.jpg

9ie44j.jpg

2v19ct4.jpg

333hhqq.jpg

2d5t0z.jpg

2hz5r7s.jpg

mx0vlx.jpg

ao6idx.jpg

2r2spz7.jpg

j6h73c.jpg

14aeqe0.jpg

295rfhd.jpg

trg8.jpg

Source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50945085.htmlAkihabara

Looks very nice, wish I was there, or wish they done things like that here in the UK :(

If I was there though, i'd probably run away with all the posters :p

The 2nd pic would be an awesome sigpic :P

The back of the case? Yes it would. I think i'm gonna work on something similiar to that now actually.

:tehe:

That is a LOT of advertisement, wow. I wish they got that excited here in NA, as well!
The poster of Lightning on Odin's horse is awesome.

Last edited:
Omg, I want all that promotional stuff! Dx

And I kind of giggled at the blurred faces of the random people xD

There were people in those pictures?

Oh hey I see them now >_>

I wish they went to that level of awesomeness in America too... Sadly, the ONLY things they seem to go to that level of advertisement for are Twilight and Miley Cyrus >_< Although, I probably would run off with half the posters for the Final Fantasy XIII stuff if they did that here lol.

Pfft, think how much advertisement we get here in Canada. American promotions look pretty sweet in comparison :P

Wow, Final Fantasy XIII is like the Modern Warfare 2 of Japan. I might have to move to Japan now, even if only for early release dates and not being ridiculed for playing Final Fantasy.

They've just posted more-

ff13-billboard-ads_top.jpg

ff13-billboard-ads_03.jpg

ff13-billboard-ads_04.jpg

ff13-billboard-ads_05.jpg

Pretty much the same stuff but now we're seeing all the characters on the billboard. I'll say it again, I reaaaaaally wish they got this excited about Final Fantasy in NA, in all honesty I haven't even seen one commercial for it.

I reaaaaaally wish they got this excited about Final Fantasy in NA, in all honesty I haven't even seen one commercial for it.

That's not really surprising. FFXIII's release for the West will be March 9, 2010, right? So why would they start advertising the game so early? :/

I suspect we can expect some ads for it maybe late February *shrugs*

Very true. I guess maybe I'm a bit ahead of myself :wacky:

Although I highly doubt we'll see more than one or two, I rarely do at least. There was one Dissidia commercial like, a week before it came out and then I never saw it again.

I wish I could drive into the city and see awesome signage like that of some cool game. >.<

All I ever see is boring news people off the T.V. <_<

I can't believe how much promotional material they've got!

I would love to stash that into the room I'm going to do up for myself when I get my own house, which will be full of all the things I love. >.<

Although I highly doubt we'll see more than one or two, I rarely do at least. There was one Dissidia commercial like, a week before it came out and then I never saw it again.
Meh, you'll probably see more FFXIII adverts than Dissidia ones. Wada's spoken a lot about the Western market so I'd presume that would also cover advertising since it's a large part of the western world. Dissidia wasn't that popular either and from what I've heard it didn't sell that well since it was more a game for already-Final Fantasy fans rather than a general audience whereas FFXIII seems to be trying to aim for everyone.

I wouldn't worry about not seeing an FFXIII advert :ryan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back