There's a new kid in town!!

Interlude65

Weirdo from planet X 👽
Gil
Hi guys, I joined this forum last Monday and have already posted here, but tonight I thought I might as well introduce myself. :-) I'm a music/audio engineering enthusiast who happens to have a casual interest in video games, and I also suffer from Asperger syndrome as well, which in turn makes me much more mentally intelligent than emotionally intelligent, lol. 😅

My big sister is a far more hardcore video game fan than I am; her all-time favorite game is Final Fantasy VII, and her biggest video game crush is Sephiroth as well. My all-time favorite video game would probably be Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak for the Game Boy Advance (with Kirby Air Ride for the GameCube being a runner-up), and Yuna from FFX/X-2 is my first (and only) video game crush (despite me making posts over at the FFX section about her where I had let my insecurities get the best of me, hahahahahaha :LOL:).

I've never actually played a FF game myself, but know various things about some of them largely due to watching my sister, Mom, and Dad play VII, IX, X, X-2, XII, and XIII, along with me watching playthroughs of X and X-2 (the original versions, NOT the crappy HD remasters). Also, for a music guy like me it certainly helps that VII, IX, and X have excellent music courtesy of Nobuo Uematsu (the undisputed God of RPG music himself), but the compositions that Masashi Hamauzu and Junya Nakano contributed to X are also top-notch as well. Hope to see y'all around sometime! 😃👍

Hey, you made a welcome thread after all! :yay:

I've never met someone with Asperger syndrome personally, would you say that impacts the way you perceive video games by any chance? My nephew is on the autistic spectrum and he's really into video games but it's hard at times to connect, so I was curious I suppose!

Anyway, welcome to the forums! I hope you decide to play an FF game for yourself sometime, but these games are great just for their story alone so It wouldn't really matter either way! :) I've never played a Hamtaro game but I loved that little hamster when I was a kid!

Glad to see you posting & I hope to see you post around some more! Hit me up if you ever wanna chat! :cool:

Howdy, thought I saw you around the FF topics, Welcome Aboard :)

Final Fantasy is renown for it's music and rightfully so, I find myself listening to the soundtracks at work on a weekly basis, I personally find Final Fantasy VIII's to be my favourite as it's tones don't get too high-pitch and it's very relaxing.

What's all this about the Final Fantasy X remasters being poo-poo? I played through them both and found them to be a great representation of the game. I didn't like the Remastered Soundtrack at all but thankfully in the PS4 Version you can choose the original. I still believe if anyone is going to break into the series the FFX Remaster is the best way to go, still retaining that classic FF Feel with all the Upscaled technological advancements, it just seems to make sense.

There's also a thread talking about upcoming Final Fantasy Music releases, there is a lot to sink your teeth into with orchestral Distant World performances, A New World Quartet Albums & even more recently Jazz Albums! I'm grateful to have these as it means I won't be listening to the OST's all the time and get fed up with them when I play them in-game.

Do you think you'll ever get around to playing a Final Fantasy game yourself? (Not trying to be patronizing, genuinely curious), I still haven't beat all the mainline entries, but I did manage to beat Final Fantasy V this year! :)

I hope you have fun around the forum and look forward to chatting with you :)

Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum new comer! We appreciate you on joining our community. Hope that you enjoy your stay, post a lot and stay active. Any questions please feel free to ask the staff members.

What's all this about the Final Fantasy X remasters being poo-poo? I played through them both and found them to be a great representation of the game. I didn't like the Remastered Soundtrack at all but thankfully in the PS4 Version you can choose the original. I still believe if anyone is going to break into the series the FFX Remaster is the best way to go, still retaining that classic FF Feel with all the Upscaled technological advancements, it just seems to make sense.
A lot of the games' original assets were found to be lost due to some questionable organization practices from within Square at the time of their original development, which meant that a lot of things had to be recreated from scratch for the HD remasters. When you compare the remasters and originals side-by-side, for me, it's no comparison; the originals look WAY better than the remasters do, IMHO. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:

Remaster: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140101185420/finalfantasy/images/3/37/Yuna_at_Djose.jpg
Original: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...archive/3/37/20140101185420!Yuna_at_Djose.jpg

welcome to FFF! I hope you're enjoying your time around here :yay:

Sup cat.gif

Welcome to the forum! :argor:

I've seen you about this past week so I'm glad you've properly introduced yourself here now too.

On the topic of playing Final Fantasy, thankfully the gameplay isn't really the main draw of the franchise. It is the story, characters and amazing soundtracks which truly make the franchise special. You can appreciate all of that as an observer, so it is interesting (but not at all surprising) to encounter a fan such as yourself who loves Final Fantasy without needing to have experience playing them.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome to the forums. I've seen you posting, but it's nice to have a proper intro. If you have any questions regarding the forum feel free to ask!

Also... lol, @ that cat gif...

Back