There Will Be No Install For Final Fantasy XIII PS3, Game Runs “Straight From Disc”

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogling

yaoi master ari
Veteran
Gil
Many PS3 titles have forced owners of the console to install countless GB of content unto the hard drive, this eats up precious space and some gamers just don’t like the long periods before the process is complete. Many have concluded that a game as huge as Final Fantasy XIII must demand an install unto the PS3’s hard drive. They’re wrong, there’s good news.

In a recent interview with the EU PS Blog, the question was posed to the two masterminds behind Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII, asking whether or not there’ll be a need for it.

“There will be no installation, the game runs directly from the disc.”

In that same interview, it was revealed that the stories of Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII were completely different.

“Final Fantasy Versus XIII is part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, but XIII and Versus XIII only share the same basic mythology. The fal’Cie and l’Cie are just a small part of this mythology, but the story and the characters are completely different.”

Source: Games Thirst

I don't know whether to be happy and disappointed, it'll depend entirely on how the game plays out. Installation onto the HDD pretty much means that you'll have a smoother running of the game but at the same time it takes up a lot of memory most of the time, whereas no installation might be a less smoother running but more memory. Then again, hopefully they'll have made it so it can run smoothly and no installation needed :hmmm:

I heard this before from word of mouth so I didn't know if it was true, but I'm glad it is. The other day I finally started playing my PS3 and I was amazed at the install time - it was between 15-20 minutes Dx

I don't even know how much space these installs take up >_>

But I have to wonder - why wasn't this revealed back when Japan got the game? :huh:

lol Ariana hun, I fixed the title for you. :wacky: It said "Final Final XIII" and not "Final Fantasy XIII" hehe. Just wanted to let you know!

That being said, I'm really happy to hear about this. I was worried that this game would end up taking up more of my hard drive space, so I'm quite pleased that this bit of information has arose. Thank you for letting us know. :D

I'm glad to hear this as well since I need all the hard drive on my PS3 and I don't want it taken up all by just FXII. Thanks so much for the info ari! :monster: Tis something I wanted to know. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back