Anime The world God Only Knows (TWGOK)

Noize

Sensou Ishimashou!!!!
Veteran
Gil
Plot:

Keima Katsuragi, a second-year high school student, is an avid bishōjo game player. He is known on the Internet as "The God of Conquests (落とし神 Otoshi-gami?)" for his legendary skills to be able to "conquer" any 2D girl in games. However, in his actual school life, Keima is known as otamegane (オタメガネ), a derogatory portmanteau of the two words otaku (オタク) and megane (メガネ-"glasses"), and is considered nothing but an intelligent yet gloomy geek with glasses.
At the start of the series, Keima receives an e-mail offering him a contract to "conquer" girls. When he accepts it, thinking it is an invitation to a game, a demon from Hell named Elsie appears. She asks for his cooperation to help her in catching runaway spirits. These spirits hide themselves inside the hearts of girls, and Elsie suggests that the only method to force the spirits out is by "conquering" the girls hearts, making them fall in love with him and filling up the gaps which the runaway spirits hide in. Interested only in 2D girls, however, Keima is appalled by the idea, and refuses the assignment as he has no romantic real life experiences whatsoever. Nevertheless, with the contract already agreed, Keima has no choice but to help Elsie no matter what, as they will be beheaded if they fail.
Aside from focusing on Keima and Elsie's adventures on capturing spirits, the series also makes fun and parodying common and popular cliches about dating sims, anime character stereotypes, and pop culture.

Anyone seen this series yet? It's currently in it's 2nd season and im damned well hoping for a 3rd season. This is one of the few anime series that's captivated me since Ep1 and hasn't made me lose interest yet!

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_God_Only_Knows

A third season isn't impossible if it keeps it's ratings high, I've watched this from the first season and it was pretty good, I like how idiotic he is, yet he's smart. It's really quite an enjoyable anime. =]

Back