The Witcher

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Netflix has taken the wraps off of its upcoming The Witcher series with a round of photos that show the major cast members in full costume. We got our first looks at Geralt (Henry Cavill), Yennefer (Anya Cholatra), and Ciri (Freya Allan) from tweeter. Here are some images of the cast.

3555689-d-zsr_rvuay_cgh-orig.jpg

3555690-d-zsej8vuaykfee-orig.jpg

3555691-d-zsej8u0amn3t7-orig.jpg

3555692-d-zsej9u8aa09b4-orig.jpg

Netflix is planning a panel at San Diego Comic Con on July 19 that will share more details on the series. That may be where the company drops a release date. The series appears to be modeling itself primarily after the well-loved The Witcher 3.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/netflixs-witcher-first-look-photos-show-geralt-yen/1100-6468153/

I heard about this! I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm used to games becoming anime series, but not so much games to live action.

I'd be interested to see how they approach this. And how long they are planning to make it.

Whenever I see video games turned into live action, my first thought is "how bad will they ruin this?"

I was going to post the trailer in here, but then noticed naked people having an orgy in the background of one of the scenes. I don't think you can see anything clearly and it is quite blurry but it is probably safer to let you find it on your own.
It would be rather embarrassing if I myself had to be banned on here for posting a TV show trailer of all things! :argor:
You can immediately find it on YouTube listed as 'THE WITCHER | MAIN TRAILER | NETFLIX' if you are interested.

I've never played the games and I've never read the books. It's just one of many things I never got round to, so I'm not familiar with the lore at all. That said, it does look like it could be interesting. It might be something to add to the list to watch at some point, though likely not immediately.

But of course they've included a bath scene though... While I know nothing about The Witcher, I am aware of the meme!

Back