The Pharos

Not really. 3rd Ascent was pretty dull though, I didn't know I had to touch the sigils in order so I got teleported in that place with all those undead and used all my 2 Megaelixirs :awesome:
I didn't use a walkthrough except in that place, to see the order of the sigils.

it wasn't so much trouble as painstaking, trecking all the way to the top was a nightmare, and having to faff about with black orbs and killing certain coloured lava pot thingies did my shed in, i was there for AGES, subterra was a ROYAL pain in the arse, doing it in the dark failed so much i never want to go back to that place ever. The first time I stepped foot in subterra I got my arse handed to me so fast it was humiliating....

I HATE The Pharos (not as much as the Great Cocking Crystal though)

I hated the Pharos, but it wasn't as hard as it was painstaking, like Kelly says. I think the fact it was so large and there were so many monsters makes it really tiring to go through x_x

On my last playthrough, I gave up when I reached the Pharos. I couldn't be bothered doing all that AGAIN :gasp:

I like how it's such an epicly huge dungeon though, I think because it's the last one before Vayne, it's fitting that it's so huge :gasp:

it wasn't so much trouble as painstaking, trecking all the way to the top was a nightmare, and having to faff about with black orbs and killing certain coloured lava pot thingies did my shed in, i was there for AGES, subterra was a ROYAL pain in the arse, doing it in the dark failed so much i never want to go back to that place ever. The first time I stepped foot in subterra I got my arse handed to me so fast it was humiliating....

I HATE The Pharos (not as much as the Great Cocking Crystal though)

I completely agree. The Ascents were anoying, but Subterra was flat out retarded. I read you could get a Dragon Whisker Down there, but I never found it.:O

In truth, I never found any of FFXII an immediate challenge; I always levelled up my characters when entering a new region and this helped me a lot in Pharos. The Subterra section of the Pharos is utter hell however, even for high-levelled characters.

In truth, I never found any of FFXII an immediate challenge; I always levelled up my characters when entering a new region and this helped me a lot in Pharos. The Subterra section of the Pharos is utter hell however, even for high-levelled characters.

That is EXACTLY how I felt. The only really hard enemies were the Lv. 99 Red Chocobo, Omega Mk. II, and Yiazimat. That is pretty much it. The Subterra was just another way of saying "Get the Hell out of here!" or something along those lines. Like the boss in no room in particular? That just pissed me off. I was under leveled, so I went into a room to get my HP and buffs back when Phoenix comes out of nowhere and kills me! It sucked so bad, it was not even funny.

My characters in my party are on an average level of 71. I went into the Subterra and I got owned. Stupid Toads, there'd be like 20 of them coming at me at once and I'd either have to go back up or just get killed. Most of the time I got killed because I couldn't make it back to the elevator on time. I've got bubble belts equipped to my characters now so hopefully I won't die so quickly.

Just a quick question, has anyone ever gone down into Subterra and found no monsters at all down there? It's happened to me a couple of times xD

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's summat to do with the Seer Hunt, on the lower level you will get the hunt if there are no monsters on one of the levels

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's summat to do with the Seer Hunt, on the lower level you will get the hunt if there are no monsters on one of the levels

crap. I shouldn't of completed that hunt :/
Now I have to put up with epic rape when I go back to Subterra.

crap. I shouldn't of completed that hunt :/
Now I have to put up with epic rape when I go back to Subterra.

No. That's not it. If there are no monsters in the circle, then the hunt Ixion (or something) is there. If there are monsters, it is in one of the rooms. Maybe. OR, you could find the optional secret boss, Phoenix. Either way, it is not a good sign. :X also, about the 71 average, is that 3 people or all of your people? If it is only 3 (or less), train them to at LEAST 65. It will help a lot.

Its 3 in my party alone. My 3 backups are nearing level 60. The Ixion hunt was actually easy, the only hunt that I actually had trouble with was with the one in front of the pharos. Oh how I love bubble belts now.

What was the point of the subterra? I was level 80 with my main three at the time and still got screwed over. =/.

But, i will say that The pharos was a bitch to go through. ughhhh. lol. I will never do that again.

The Seer was epic faggotness, my guys just stood there and kept casting Esuna and Curaja :mad:
Anyhow, Subterra was easy since I had Fomalhaut, Masamune and lastly but not the least, teh Tournesol. Abyssal was a fucking pain though, I had to collect black orbs on Penumbra and set them into the Abyssal pedestals :ness:

Back