The One-Winged Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnislasher483

Posterboy for FFVII
Gil
Surprised there isn't one already (and if there is, I humbly apologize) a club for my favorite villian of all time, the One-Winged Angel, Sephiroth.

My rules are simple:

- Here you can praise Sephiroth, and bash all his victims

- No Sephiroth bashing is allowed

- No mentioning any of his many demises

- No arguing about who his father is

I'd also like you to state the reasons you like Sephiroth so much. What makes him stand out the most among all other villians?

For me, it's simple. Sephiroth embodies everything a true villian should be for me. He's evil to the core, relentless in his pursuit of his goals, he doesn't repent for anything he does, and with his last bit of energy, he used it to torment Cloud one more time at the end of FF7. Talk about E____VIL.

MEMBERS:

-Omnislasher483
-Squall True Lionheart
-QuicksilverD
-Buster Sword Z Model
-Cloud12489
-Carrier of Hope
-Saix
-Addict56
-Vincent
-Skyfall

I'm looking for a couple of banners we can use. So far the only one I've liked is this one.
Banner has been removed because it goes over the size restrictions for sigs on this forum, which is 300x500, and it was also being direct linked from the person who made it in the first place

Last edited:
There was a Club for our great Lord Sephiroth, but unfortunately it was closed a long time ago....I was never part of that club though, I didn't got the chance...

This time, I'll honor Lord Sephiroth's Memory by joining your club.

Speaking of Angels with one Wing, there is not a better song in this world than the Advent Children - One Winged Angel song.

Yeah I will also like to be part of this club

Although I do not want to join you're club (nothing against Sephiroth - it's just that I have never actually played FF7 and don't know enough about him to feel that I can be in his fan club) I would just like to agree with you guys on the song - "One-Winged-Angel".

IMO It is the best song on FF7AV and one of my favourites of any modern music. It has a very special place - number one on my "Favourites" playlist, and number one on my iPod shuffle - so I can always switch to it. :D

I welcome you too Quicksilver, hope you enjoy it here.

And Eidolon. I do very much suggest you play FF7. Not just for Sephiroth, it is also one of the greatest, if not the greatest game ever made. You'll love all the characters and story. When you finish the game, there is a place for you here.

I would love to join. He is one of the best, if not the best, villians since the begging of time. He kicks awesome butt lol. He isnt just a madman killer, he actualy has reasons and his own dreams to motivate him, rather than the disire to kill.

May I be number 3 in your club?

Your welcome lol. I always like clubs that have many posts at first so I dont jump in and dont have a clue what they are talking about, so that is why I joined this early lol.

I have Advent Children in my Dvd player right now :cool:

Yeah it was a good fight, terrible and lame ending but a good fight anyway.

By the way I just notice while looking at the lyrics that the song (AC:OWA) sings someting like "don't stay, stay in memory" and at the end When Seph is defeated he says "I will never be a memory" you probably all notice this anyway, I just wanted to pointed it out, maybe it could be our first disscution topic

Last edited:
Yeah it was a good fight, terrible and lame ending but a good fight anyway.

By the way I just notice while looking at the lyrics that the song (AC:OWA) sings someting like "don't stay, stay in memory" and at the end When Seph is defeated he says "I will never be a memory" you probably all notice this anyway, I just wanted to pointed it out, maybe it could be our first disscution topic

The song itself begins with: "I won't remain, won't remain in memory" etc....

After Cloud deals Ominilash # wtf?, he stares at Sephiroth and says: "Stay were you belong, in my memories" This pointing that Cloud already began to left behind the shadow of Sephiroth that tormented him along with Aerith's death.

The song itself makes great emphasis on this line, Sephiroth's pride is so great, that he refuses to be left behind and he rejects the idea of being forgotten.

"Noli Manere, manere in memoria" -I won't remain, won't remain in memory"

That , along with Sephiroth's last words at the end of AC tells us how strong Sephiroth's malice and will has gotten...

"I will, never be a memory.."

Sorry for my long abscence.

When Sephiroth said, "I will...Never be a memory", and I played Dirge of Cerberus, I thought to myself that the ending of DoC, (the one with G in it) and what Sephiroth said were connected.

There might just be something to this. Maybe another FF7 game??

But it doesn't matter who, Weiss, Genesis, Kadaj, Hojo. There is no comparison to Sephiroth. He made FF7 what it is today.

I just changed my signature so it links to this club, and Omnislasher493 your signature does not links to this club, if someone would be interested they would be force to look for it, and you know how lazy people can be,

About the song Squall, are you sure it is in first person "I won't remain, won't remain in memory" and not "don't remain, remain in memory" I got the lyrics from this site, but since I never studied Latin I can't confirm if it is "I won't remain" or "Don't remain", could anyone clarify

Last edited:
Sorry for my long abscence.

When Sephiroth said, "I will...Never be a memory", and I played Dirge of Cerberus, I thought to myself that the ending of DoC, (the one with G in it) and what Sephiroth said were connected.

There might just be something to this. Maybe another FF7 game??

But it doesn't matter who, Weiss, Genesis, Kadaj, Hojo. There is no comparison to Sephiroth. He made FF7 what it is today.

Well, The soldier called "G" is in fact ( an correct me if I am wrong) one of Sephiroth's multiple copies. The only difference between Kadaj, Yazoo the other guy and this "Genesis" is that Genesis is a more complete copy......but I am not sure....

On a side note, I got the lyric from FFR but since I don't understand Latin so well, I could check again and post the song andi's translation here.:)

Great Squalls, I'll wait for it, tought I was thinking since "Noli" is just one word then it is more likely to mean "Don't" and not "I won't" by the way, your signature does not links to this club, you may want to fix that, I have a feeling that a lot of people will be coming here,

By the way if this becomes big enought, is there a chance that we get our own private sub forum?

Well, The soldier called "G" is in fact ( an correct me if I am wrong) one of Sephiroth's multiple copies. The only difference between Kadaj, Yazoo the other guy and this "Genesis" is that Genesis is a more complete copy......but I am not sure....

From what I gather, I think that Genesis is unique. I don't think he's a Sephiroth clone, I think he's another Sehiroth type experiment.

If you look here, it's a site that I opened that discusses what I think Genesis is, and what his connection to Sephiroth might be.

I found the translations and Quicksilver, you were right....but now that I think of it, "I won't remain" sounds better since the song is in fact related to Sephiroth's last words at the end of the fight....

Anyway here are the translations of both One Winged Angel versions....:cool:

FFVII One Winged Angel<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
In Latin<o:p></o:p>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<o:p></o:p>
Estuans interius<o:p></o:p>
Ira vehementi<o:p></o:p>
(x2)<o:p></o:p>
Sephiroth!<o:p></o:p>
Sors immanis<o:p></o:p>
Et inanis<o:p></o:p>
Veni veni venias
Ne me mori facias
(x4)
Haryuu no
hanekata
Veni veni venias
Ne me mori facias
(x4)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<o:p></o:p>
In English<o:p></o:p>
Burning inside<o:p></o:p>
With violent anger<o:p></o:p>
Fate - monsterous<o:p></o:p>
And empty<o:p></o:p>
Come, come, O come<o:p></o:p>
Do not let me die<o:p></o:p>
(x4)<o:p></o:p>
The winged one<o:p></o:p>
Of the lower reaches<o:p></o:p>
Come, come, O come<o:p></o:p>
Do not let me die<o:p></o:p>
(x4)
Sephiroth!
Sephiroth!
<o:p></o:p>​

FFVII- Advent: One Winged Angel<o:p></o:p>
Latin<o:p></o:p>
Noli manere, manere in memoria,<o:p></o:p>
Noli manere, manere in memoria,
Sephiroth! Sephiroth!
Saevam iram, iram et dolorem,<o:p></o:p>
Saevam iram, iram et dolorem,
Sephiroth! Sephiroth!
Ferum terribilis--ferum fatum,
Noli manere, manere in memoria,<o:p></o:p>
Noli manere, manere in memoria,
Sephiroth! Sephiroth!
Veni mi fili, veni mi fili,
Hic veni da, mihi mortem iterum,
Veni mi fili, veni mi fili,
Hic veni da, mihi...

Noli manere, in memoria,
Saevam iram et, dolorem,<o:p></o:p>
Ferum terribilis, fatum,<o:p></o:p>
Ille iterum, veniet,

Mi fili veni, veni, veni mi fili,

Mi fili veni, veni, veni mi fili, (Qui mortem invitavis,)
Mi fili veni, veni, veni mi fili, (Poena funesta natus,)
Mi fili veni, veni, veni mi fili, (Noli nomen vocare,)
Mi fili veni, veni, veni mi fili, (Ille iterum veniet,)

Sephiroth! Sephiroth!
Sephiroth!
Translation<o:p></o:p>
Won't remain, remain in memory,<o:p></o:p>
Won't remain, remain in memory,
Sephiroth! Sephiroth!
Raging anger, anger and pain,<o:p></o:p>