The Last Remnant PS3… Lives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Before reading, curb any excitement and lower your expectations. OK, ready? This isn’t something to jump out of your chair for about, but Amazon Japan suddenly has the Playstation 3 version of The Last Remnant in their catalog.

The listing, found by My Game News Flash, doesn’t have any pertinent details. Actually, Amazon isn’t even taking pre-orders for the Playstation 3 version of The Last Remnant. The page says Amazon will notify customers who register by e-mail when they start accepting orders.

The Last Remnant was originally announced for PlayStation 3 and Zbox 360, but Square Enix only published it on the Xbox 360 and made a PC port so far. Wait, what does the title say? It reads, The Last Remnant (Temporary Name). Huh. A placeholder for The Last Remnant: International perhaps?

Source: Siliconera

I'm guessing if The Last Remnant came out for PS3 it'd include the PC features as well, as opposed to being a straight 360 port. That'd be reason enough for me to buy it again - it was such an awesome game. Refreshingly unique, challenging (although the Curse status is the most unforgiving and evil thing I have EVER seen in a video game) and fairly long, as well. I'd be happy with a PC port for PS3~<3

I've never played The Last Remnant and I heard from Xbox 360 and PC players that the game isn't really that spectacular anyway, though the game still has its fans. In fact I know very little about that game, so if an International version (if PS3 gets a Star Ocean International, why shouldn't it get a Last Remnant one?) does emerge, I've an excuse to look more into it.

But if this is solely from Amazon, I wouldn't bet on it that much. Retailers are commonly wrong- heck, Play.com once listed FFXIII for release in 2007. I've seen times when a listed game simply vanishes over time such as the PAL version of the first Ar Tonelico game. So this should really only be taken with a grain of salt.

I'd only want it if it was an "International Version" because it means they'd have developed it a bit more because it was hugely technically flawed, things seemed to lag, graphics took ages to fully load etc. The game itself was fine from what I'd played but the technical side of the game put me off it drastically. D:

Such an amazing game. I never understood why SE didnt bother releasing it for PS3, but did it for the PC. Makes no sense.

Damn it, I had given up on LR. I really did. And now I see this?

Damn, damn...damn! I...I'm getting excited again! Dx

I caved a little while ago and watched several gameplay vids of the game and there are some things I can pick at, but I still really want to play it if I can >.<

I'm trying not to get too excited... but I can't help it! If it is an International version, I'd definitely buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back