"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ohri Jin
FFXIV Server
Cerberus
not sure where to post this, or that its already been discussed,

here we go, i liked Avatar on tv, great monsters,great designs , great story and excellent use of the elements visually wise , it reminded me of the awesome anime movie ?X?.

Now i love asian influences, but when i see the casting of this life action movie i am highly disapointed.....

imo aang should be chinese
katara and soka should be eskimo style
and zuko is hindu???i am like wtf

I'd like to hear your opinions about it. Also i think m night shamalyan something was not the right choice for directing....

LOL I see your point, I did see him more Asian. And Prince Zuko!? I didn't see him in the trailer much, but that kind of disturbs me. And Katara (no offence) doesn't look anything like I'd expect a life action form of her to look like.
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

AMEN.........its just wrong in many ways, just like what they did with DBZ revolution..goku isnt goku anymore lolz

I dont care about white or any colour , I just think they should stick to the programme, pay an hommage to the original and stay loyal damnit!

or leave the project alone before you reach it with your money greed pested hands and fouling some of the best pieces of visual moving art and turning it in something shitty. sigh

I think all of the Fire Nation being Indian is the worse part. But Aang's actor is of some kind of Asian decent...least he looks like it.

Sokka and Katara, yea, they're supposed to be dark skinned but the actors are a great pic for the characters.

Really, is this THAT big of a problem? I kinda wanted more Asian cast with the fire nation but Night, I must admit, screwed that up. However, I feel Dev Patel makes an outstanding Zuko better than Jesse McCartney.

Well, you say you watch the series. Aren't they all white in the tv show? I think the only noticeable differences are sakka and katara.

If I think about it i am picturing some squinty eyed Chinese kid who has lived karate all his life... we have karate kid coming out soon (yes he is black.. lol) I just don't think it would sell. NO VOICE OVERS PLEASE!

the fact they would even consider jesse mcartny, says enough for me about the childish approach to the movie..then again it isbased on a cartoon,animation.

I hate how DragonBall was destoryed, I didnt bother my arse watching it. If it bothers you that much then dont see it. Ive never watched any of the series, so I dont know where he fucked up with casting and such, but as long as its a good film, wheres the problem?

I hate how DragonBall was destoryed, I didnt bother my arse watching it. If it bothers you that much then dont see it. Ive never watched any of the series, so I dont know where he fucked up with casting and such, but as long as its a good film, wheres the problem?

go watch it , its ACE , nutting wrong with discussing missy

go watch it , its ACE , nutting wrong with discussing missy

Are you for real???? Did you watch any of the shows at all?? The film has totally fucking ruined it. GOKU DIDNT GO TO FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!

And Im not saying there is anything wrong with discussing it. Just saying is it really going to cause you such a massive problem? As long as it stays true to the series with story and characters then you should enjoy it, regardless of the actors skin colours?

Aang is as white as Santa Claus in the cartoon. Yes, he's Chinese, but he's from a region that clearly looks nothing like it, and I really don't mind if the live action move stays true to the original source.

Are you for real???? Did you watch any of the shows at all?? The film has totally fucking ruined it. GOKU DIDNT GO TO FREAKING HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!

And Im not saying there is anything wrong with discussing it. Just saying is it really going to cause you such a massive problem? As long as it stays true to the series with story and characters then you should enjoy it, regardless of the actors skin colours?

i thought you meant you never seen avatar series :P what shows have you not seen again? yes DBZ revolution is fail, i couldnt withstand it anymore after 30 min of watching...yamcha portrayed as a mindless surfer dude:( and yeah highschool....pff

thats my point really m night shamalamb is NOT sticking to the origin with the cast.........
but i get your point.

i thought you meant you never seen avatar series :P what shows have you not seen again? yes DBZ revolution is fail, i couldnt withstand it anymore after 30 min of watching...yamcha portrayed as a mindless surfer dude:( and yeah highschool....pff

thats my point really m night shamalamb is NOT sticking to the origin with the cast.........
but i get your point.

Oh sorry, weve got our wires crossed lol. I thought you were telling me to go watch the DB film, not the Avatar series. So sorry lol :P

I can understand why you are abit annoyed at this. But hopefully the film will make up for it. Sadly Hollywood does do this :(

Aang is as white as Santa Claus in the cartoon. Yes, he's Chinese, but he's from a region that clearly looks nothing like it, and I really don't mind if the live action move stays true to the original source.

Is he really though? Im not sure because im not looking at the ATLAB map, but Im pretty sure its just a modified world map, im not sure its exactly china.

It's to be expected really. It was never an anime, but an American cartoon done in the style of anime. I doubt there would ever have been a movie made for it in the East (unless it has a huge following there), so it makes sense that a Western movie for a Western (but Asian influenced) cartoon would have mainly Western actors, which inevitably means a lot of white people.

I don't think it really matters when set on a fictional world, so long as they look a bit like the characters, or if not then at least act like them. In anime and such a lot of the characters really could be either Asian or white, unless they make an extra effort to make it obvious.

None of that matters anyway. Films can never be exact replicas of the source material. It's unrealistic and it would be a pointless exercise copying it exactly. M. Night Shyamalan will likely want to add his own interpretations and ideas to the original, and if he feels that someone of a different colour skin to the original character fits his vision of what he wants then he'll go for it. In a way it makes it interesting when small things are changed, and then you could look at why they went with that change. In other words, don't see this as existing within the same universe as the cartoons. Instead, if it helps, view this movie as a parallel universe or an alternate reality; this movie is how Last Airbender could have been, with some changes. It’s not a replacement.

I agree with Dragonball though... That was too much of a change. I haven't seen the movie, but I don't want to. They changed most of the characters’ personalities from what I heard, and also their roles in the story. I'm all for adaptations and such but that seemed to disregard everything that was loved about Dragonball, and as such I believe that that adaptation can be regarded as a failure.

Last Airbender does look pretty promising in my opinion, when compared to Dragonball.

I'm not bothered by the 'racebending', kinda lolled at that. M Night said he wouldn't do the movie without Nicola Peltz and I could see that. She looks a lot like Katara and sounds like Mae Whitman. She holds a lot of Katara's original emotion within just the few lines we've seen in the trailers. She was a wonderful choice.

Besides, what's the point of choosing people of colour, if A. You can't find any who look exactly like the original character, or B, even if you did, they couldn't act for shit.

Besides, wasn't the Prince of Persia supposed to be Middle Eastern, not white? Same diff.

prince Zuko looks like freeking Kumar goin white castle...lol
anyways when is it coming out? I saw a still from Katara bending ice , have to admit it looked awesome...

I'm not bothered by the 'racebending', kinda lolled at that. M Night said he wouldn't do the movie without Nicola Peltz and I could see that. She looks a lot like Katara and sounds like Mae Whitman. She holds a lot of Katara's original emotion within just the few lines we've seen in the trailers. She was a wonderful choice.

Besides, what's the point of choosing people of colour, if A. You can't find any who look exactly like the original character, or B, even if you did, they couldn't act for shit.

Besides, wasn't the Prince of Persia supposed to be Middle Eastern, not white? Same diff.
I agree! All the actors look perfect. And they even all hold the same qualities as the characters from the show. Nicola sounds just like Katara, Noah sounds and looks just like Aang, Jackson sounds and looks just like Sokka, and Dev is the greatest Zuko there ever could be.

The races don't really bother me at all.

prince Zuko looks like freeking Kumar goin white castle...lol
anyways when is it coming out? I saw a still from Katara bending ice , have to admit it looked awesome...
It's coming out this July 1st.

Back